• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not bad at all for a free pack in on day one.
Japan studio interview on Famitsu(in japanese)
What is a surprise?

--Can you tell us a little more about the game?How much volume is the game?

Nicola
I think it's roughly 4-5 hours to play through and complete the game in one sitting.In addition, there are a lot of homages to the 25 years of PlayStation history hidden throughout the game.There are collectibles among them, and a lot of artifacts and puzzle pieces to collect, which is a lot of fun.Also, I can't go into detail, but there's a surprise for PlayStation fans if you complete them all. I can't wait to see how you all enjoy this PlayStation tribute, and I can't wait to see your reaction, although it's been 25 years in the making, so some of the younger players may not understand some of it (laughs).

s.famitsu.com

PS5『アストロプレイルーム』インタビュー。待望の“ASOBI!チーム”最新作とPS5について開発者に直撃! | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

プレイステーション5にプリインストールされる『Astro's Playroom(アストロプレイルーム)』を開発したニコラ・デュセ氏にインタビュー。さすがASOBI!チーム、今回もスゴイのを作ってきた!

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it has a platinum :D

I have weirdly fond memories of getting all the trophies in the Vita tutorial (Welcome Club)...

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Not bad for a pack-in game! Looks like a lot of fun to play, I hope it has a nice shiny Platinum trophy to get :)

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty nice. I hope it has a Platinum trophy.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's great to hear!

It will be hard to choose what to play first on PS5 lol. Crazy launch lineup.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's already pre-installed. Play that while the other games are installing /downloading.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. Not a full game length kinda thing, but a heck of a lot more than a glorified demo.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I'm with others in hoping this has a platinum. I really should go back and finish the VR game, it was great.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
4-5 hours so expect 2-3. Those numbers are often exaggerated. Still it's not bad a for a free game and it looks fun.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
4-5 hours is a lot considering it's a free game, it's probably slightly less but regardless a decent little experience

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds fantastic, I can't wait to play. Astro is a great mascot and I hope people give the game a chance rather than just instantly deleting the game.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's great to hear!

It will be hard to choose what to play first on PS5 lol. Crazy launch lineup.
Definitely.

Gonna have Atro, Demon's and Spiderman ultimate edition day 1, will have Cyberpunk delivered that day too and I should have Control ultimate edition to play to as I never played it and have it ordered.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
That's really good for a free pack-in. If it's up to the quality of Rescue Mission, we're all in for a treat.

(Side note, this is longer than the recent 3D Sonic games.)

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Nice.

It comes pre-installed on the PS5 right? Better be able to delete it. Damn Playroom always on my PS4.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I read the Astrobot VR was 8 hours before release and actual playthrough was really similar so that's pretty good amount of content being bundled in. Really excited since it looks incredibly charming and fun to play. Worst fear was it was a short hour demo.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, longer than I expected. Can't wait!

I feel like the Time where Developers lied about the Game length is over. People today complain more about Games being too long
Only people on forums like this/in the games journalism industry.
The average game player is not complaining about games being too long lol.

3bada

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's good to hear. It was going to be the first game I play on PS5 no matter what as it's the perfect game to get test to the new controller features

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I feel like the Time where Developers lied about the Game length is over. People today complain more about Games being too long
I feel like if your game is extremely short it's more beneficial to add hours than to call it like it is.

I don't think it has ever taken me as long as what devs have said to finish a game. I'm sure it will be 4-5 hours for some people. But for most of us on here I'm doubting that. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, personally.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Have they said whether this is already on the system or you need to download it?

Im planning on playing SM Remastered as my first "big" game and I'm assuming that'll be a hefty download, so it'd be cool to have Astro Bot to play in the meantime.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Sounds a little long but it does look really fun; definitely the launch game I'm most looking forward to, particularly the ice skating and feeling how they utilise the haptic feedback.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Have they said whether this is already on the system or you need to download it?

Im planning on playing SM Remastered as my first "big" game and I'm assuming that'll be a hefty download, so it'd be cool to have Astro Bot to play in the meantime.
They haven't said, I'd assume it's probably preloaded but might have to pull an update or something.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017

"What you played is a part of a title called Astro's Playroom. It was in our show a few weeks ago", Lempel said. "And it's installed on every PlayStation 5, so everyone who buys a PlayStation 5 will get this game. And it really shows off a lot of the features of the platform, but really does a great job of showing all the benefits of the DualSense controller."

wccftech.com

Early PS5 Astro’s Playroom Version Opened Up Devs Minds To How the PS5 and DualSense Can be Used

Sony showed an early version of Astros Playroom to PS5 developers, anc according to Sony, this opened up the developers minds on how to use the console and controller.

datwr

Nov 5, 2017
Is it weird to be excited for this game?
I hope it has a platinum, together with time attack and stuff they could actually stretch that play time even more.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Only people on forums like this/in the games journalism industry.
The average game player is not complaining about games being too long lol.
Sure that's also the reason why Games are getting longer, and that was what i was referring to. I can't really remember a recent Game where a Dev said that it is 40 hours long and then it turned out to be just 20 or something like that.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios

Astro's Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5

blog.playstation.com

PlayStation 5 launches in November, starting at $399 for PS5 Digital Edition and $499 for PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive

New games announced at PS5 Showcase, including Final Fantasy XVI, Hogwarts Legacy, and a new God of War title