• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017

Sources are kinda weird but here we go: on this video, Opera House (a japanese company that I haven't heard in aaaages) has confirmed that they are working on two new Asuka 120% games, the classic fighting game franchise by Fill-in-Cafe of the nineties, one of the pioneers of "anime fighters".

The first game is called Asuka 120% Reborn (a pun of り・ぼーん ), based on the X68000 version with a new character (a boxing girl) and new content that will be released for Megadrive (!!!) and later on Switch with an exclusive story mode. Then Asuka 120% O-Nyuu (that I guess お・にゅー can be read as "all new"?) will use "modern hardware" and the characters will be made with 3D models.

Asuka 120% is a fun series, I really like it so this is huge news for some people yet sure this sounds like a very Indie/Doujin approach to it, so let's see what will happen.

If you don't know what Asuka 120% is, take a look:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. If it has rollback I'd pick it up just for laughs.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite fighters and I thought it was long dead. I wonder what they mean by "3d models"? Something like the new Guilty Gear? (I havnt really paid attention to GG in years).