• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mo0

Oct 25, 2017

At Home with Amy Sedaris is a bizarre little thing airing Tuesdays at 10:30 PM on TruTV (yes, they air things other than Impractical Jokers and assorted reality TV nonsense!) starring That Lady You Probably Remember From Strangers With Candy. Ostensibly, it's a boilerplate happy homemaker/crafting/cooking show. Weirdly enough, a lot of the segments actually do start from a decent idea, or actually show a thing you might consider doing.

But like its predecessor, Jon Glaser Loves Gear (which I *highly* recommend also), it takes what could be just a good natured genre ribbing and uses it as an excuse to wander into some really dark places. So far, it's touched on overly gory workplace accident films, passive-aggressive relationship troubles of two ladies who live in the woods, and potato boats!

This is definitely worth a watch if you're a fan of Amy Sedaris or of weird, tangential, semi-improvisational shows like the Comedy Bang Bang TV show. It's strange how it feels like Amy Sedaris is taking a genuine passion for crafty stuff and twisting it through any random comedy she can find. It's funny and learning-adjacent!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mo0

Mo0

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently, if I had waited five minutes to post this, one of my favorite things from the show would've been available to link! This leaves out the fact that she's showing this video to two young children before they make things with popsicle sticks.