• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Goddamn...this the second mass knifing incident i've heard of in Japan...the other one with the guy who plowed into people on the street and got out and started stabbing people was just heartbreaking

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, hoping really hoping there's no fatalities. Scary stuff.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As awful as this is this is exactly why people should not have guns. There's going to be way fewer casualties, maybe none.

But in the US the gun nuts will use this tragedy as an argument that people get stabbed anyway so why not have guns.

Edit: it seems there may be casualties. What can you even say? The world is awful.

Last edited:

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
How fucking sick do you have to be to attack children. Hope he gets killed and rots in hell.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Horrible, hope all make it out OK.

How does Japan handle mental illness?

What are you talking about, there is no such thing as mental illness in Japan.

Thats how they handle it.
Its embarrassingly outdated when it comes to mental health. The idea of going to a psychiatrist in Japan is a frowned apon thing. "oh you are crazy" kind of thinking, as if it was 1950.

Japan's technique is to just burry your pain, sorrow and suffering into a little ball.

It's very sad, because there are so so many people that could use help dealing with depression and other shit and there is just little to no support for them.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
That's absolutely terrifying. I hope there aren't too many causalities.

As awful as this is this is exactly why people should not have guns. There's going to be way fewer casualties, maybe none.

But in the US the gun nuts will use this tragedy as an argument that people get stabbed anyway so why not have guns.

It's looking like there's already a couple causalities, but overall you're not wrong. Same day as Sandy Hook this happened in China, similar situation - 0 casualties.

Horrible, hope all make it out OK.

How does Japan handle mental illness?

If it's anything like Korea, even worse than the US does.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Horrifying. Why these fucking pieces of shit always go after school children is a question that will always make me angry.

R.i.p. to the victims, condolences to their families, and I hope the others make a speedy recovery

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell. Hopefully there aren't any more casualties. :(

Mass stabbings usually go after kids or the elderly because they're easy targets. :(

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell.. Children, specifically, like... My god.

I'll note since someone asked about mental health in Japan: It's really, REALLY, hard to get or find clinics that offer support in Japan. While things are a little better than they are in the past, it's still a really difficult place to find help. People in the mental health field have talked about their frustrations about this. Also, there's all sorts of medications that are banned that are notably for treating (or helping specifically) certain conditions that result in certain mental health problems. People who've gone into Japan have ran into issues bringing prescriptions because of this.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Fuck. That's not that far from where I live. Can't believe this was happening as I was commuting.

I feel so bad for these kids and their parents...