• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Damn this is next to the hospital I almost rotated at. I have so many friends literally near that corner...

Got the notification earlier to stay quiet and locked in

Edit: just got another text
Lockdown remains in effect on Health Sciences Center campus. Seek shelter. Secure doors. Be silent. Be still. Police are responding.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder what started this. Three police officers in the hospital.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If only there was a way to prevent this.

www.theonion.com

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded...

supermatt

Oct 25, 2017
Local news is saying it started as some kind of narcotics op, so I assume people started shooting when the cops first showed up and it escalated from there.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm reminded of that episode of the shield where gunmen made fake 911 calls and then shot the first cops on the scene. probably not the case here, but given how the police are acting and how negatively they're viewed i'm kind of surprised there aren't more mass shootings involving them.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
They're showing footage of bullets flying from the row home and other footage of an officer running away with his arm bleeding.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
CNN is confirming their affiliate is reporting from police sources this was a botched narcotics ops.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I have to wonder what started this. Three police officers in the hospital.
From the cbs article

"Police were first called to the scene for narcotics activity, according to Philadelphia Police Capt. Sekou Kinebrew."

Doesn't sound like a planned 'narcotics op' if they were called to the scene imo

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. I really hope the cops end up okay, nobody else gets hurt, and I hope the person/people responsible for the shooting are dealt with as quickly as possible.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are so many messages to take away from this: the proliferation of guns, the failed war on drugs; but because police were shot, this will become a cause celebre for Trump and the GoP against minorities or the poor or something.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
but the good guys with guns will stop this

/s

GOP: Stop politicizing gun control because now's not the time. Thoughts and prayers (although we don't give a shit)

hey morons-when this is happening almost daily, the current system isn't working. Oh wait, they don't care.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh no one was shot in the head?! That's horrible! This is absolutely insane for a busted narcotics op!

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Theyll talk about this for years

I've never seen something escalate this badly, they might still be holed up in that area

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Depending on the size of that narcotics operation in that house, could be quite a few people who are extremely heavily armed also.