• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I saw a couple of reports around the internet saying P.T. was updated and was locking people out of the game. I have two backups, so I figured I'd go ahead and look into it. What's the harm, right?

I look at the last time it had been updated, which had been sometime in 2015 and was actually just my install date. Cool. Decide to force update to see if there was anything that was lingering that maybe just didn't catch. There wasn't! So, that's good news for people who still have P.T. installed, at least for the time being.

It being Halloween though, I decide to boot up the game and give it another run. It's something I hold incredibly dear to me. Everything is great, I have a good time, smile, get spooked and turn the game off.

Turning the game off somehow, for some reason, deleted it from my system. Again, this isn't a terrible red flag. I have backups, right? I guess not. My PS4 refused to read the WD 1TB portable that I bought explicitly to backup P.T. and it refused to read the flash drive that I also had back it onto. These were both kept in a drawer inside and safe at all times away from any harm to avoid this situation. And now I can't play P.T.

I know there's a method.to try and make a proxy with your computer to get it to go through, but using two machines, I was unable to get it to work and download. I think I'm SOL and I'm having a really difficult time accepting the loss. I'll keep trying to get it back somehow, but as it stands, I don't have access to it and probably never will again unless I buy a console that has it loaded on there. I'm bummed.

Edit: This is hitting really hard. Maybe it won't so much later but, damn. My favorite piece of horror media I can't access because dookiehead Konami.

Last edited:

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
My suggestion is to not look behind you OP. She is standing right behind...

Edit: That's a bummer. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

iliketopaint_93

Use of alt account
Sep 3, 2018
Welp, now I am torn between holding off on playing this again for fear of a self destruct, or playing through soon before it might not boot up at all...

EDIT, fuck it, gonna beat it again today because it might end up being be the last Halloween I will get to play it again. Konami can fry it at any moment if they want to, and they definitely want to.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks, sorry to hear it. I'm increasingly trying to come to terms with the fact that, someday sooner than later, some nonsense thing is probably going to keep me from being able to access it too. Such a shame.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm curious to see if someone else can get it working. There are plenty of people saying it does work, it might just be my network and atm I'm not going to fiddle too much with it.
Took a couple of times about around the time when the special 2TB PS4 Pro came out but it downloaded. I'd play it again but uh.....not tonight lol.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have other storage media attached to your PS4? PS4 sometimes acts flakey with multiple storage devices.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this would be a thread of you intentionally deleting it or something, but this is far worse.

Condolences OP.

Mochino

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I'm curious to see if someone else can get it working. There are plenty of people saying it does work, it might just be my network and atm I'm not going to fiddle too much with it.
I can confirm that it worked as of an hour ago, just downloaded it after seeing the news and the game plays fine!

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PT is still the best horror experience Ive ever had with a video game. I will never get over its cancellation and Im not even really a big horror game person. It was just that good.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
At least you got to own and play it...

*sits in corner weeping
If shit is free you put it on your account. I don't have Xbox but I have an account just in case stuff is given out for free. I didn't have PS4 when PT came out. But i put on my account and when i did buy a PS4 i was able to download it using proxy method.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It refused to make a connection, through multiple systems tested, switches tested, routers, security settings, ports forwarded. It just won't connect to the internet.
Did you absolutely make sure to check all of the boxes to install all of the components of SUWI when prompted? The other thread reminded me to re-download PT since I never got around to doing it since I got a Pro, and I had the same issue where I'd detect the IP but wouldn't get a connection until I realized I hadn't fully installed the program. Worked without a hitch after.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Did you absolutely make sure to check all of the boxes to install all of the components of SUWI when prompted? The other thread reminded me to re-download PT since I never got around to doing it since I got a Pro, and I had the same issue where I'd detect the IP but wouldn't get a connection until I realized I hadn't fully installed the program. Worked without a hitch after.
Yup. On both machines

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Man, that sucks.

I hate my PSN ID, but does changing it really mean I might lose PT? Because if that's the case... guess I'm keeping it forever...

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
When I upgraded to a Pro at launch, the transfer process somehow corrupted both PT and Hitman on my drive. After many attempts to fix, I really just had to reformat and reinstall.

It sucked knowing it was now lost, but in the two years since I have not thought about or really missed PT.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
If shit is free you put it on your account. I don't have Xbox but I have an account just in case stuff is given out for free. I didn't have PS4 when PT came out. But i put on my account and when i did buy a PS4 i was able to download it using proxy method.

I put it on account, but by the time I got a PS4 Konami took it off to download. It pops up in my library, but I get error to download.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
PT was last updated in 2015 for me and it was recent enough in my played game's lost that it should have updates if there was a patch.

Just to be safe I turned off automatic software updates.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played my fill, but man everything about that game and finding all the secrets within the community was great.

Man what could had been... #fuckkonami

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been forever in my library but I can't download it.

I am very sad about this.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't help that Konami are going out if their way to kill this thing because they might possibly still be working on a new SH entry?