• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
My dog started to vomit a lot and had bad diarrhea. When I was walking to vet he started to pee blood. Right now I'm waiting to be seen, I'm just scared he has kidney failure or cancer. I don't know what I'm do if I don't come home with my dog today. It's scary how quick this all happens less then 24 hrs ago he seem fine.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Best of luck to you. I've seen dogs recover incredibly well from what seemed nearly terminal to totally back to normal in a matter of weeks.

crowphoenix

Oct 27, 2017
The peeing blood aspect is worrisome. I hope you're pup is ok and just has a kidney stone or something.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Try not to assume the worst, and place your trust in both the vet and your dog. Hoping for all the best!

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Stay strong for your dog. Remember, they can sense your emotions like a mofo, and it will affect them profoundly.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Hold him and hug him whenever you're able. This will be good for him and good for you. As painful as this feels, try to keep your spirits up when you're with him. As others have said, he'll be able to pick up on how he's feeling, so try to stay upbeat for him. Remember that he's not feeling what you're feeling. He doesn't understand your fear, he's just not feeling well.

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it is nothing too bad. Dogs are resilient. I have that fear with my dog. It is scary knowing one day I may have to see him go through pain.

JoeG

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now try and focus on info your vet can use to narrow down testing. Eating fine? Get into anything odd recently? Been roaming? Things like that. Think of anything you might have over looked recently. Best of luck!

JoeG

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And hope for kidney/bladder stones! The pain can make anyone sick etc. (Had bladder stones myself)

OP
OP
rrc1594

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the wishes they did blood work and found infection. Hopefully the medication helps him. It's just scary when your pet is ill.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully everything will be okay and this whole thing will be over soon with your doggy back to being healthy.
My dog was hospitalized 2 years ago and they feared he had cancer, but in the end it was some sort of a bad inflammation probably caused by some crap he ate that he's not supposed to. So I can guess how you're feeling at the moment

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel for you, pets are like family. Here's hoping that the medication helps and he's back to 100% in no time!