• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Or more specifically, Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & The Secret Fairy. Multiplat again obviously.
Shame it leaked if true, but it's also awesome if it's true. Hope they announce the next Atelier game soon regardless, hopefully just after Fairy Tail releases in a few weeks.

www.classification.gov.au

ATELIER RYZA 2: LOST LEGENDS & THE SECRET FAIRY

The Australian Classification website comprises information for general public and industry about the classification of films, games and publications.

It would be the first numbered game in the series since the Iris series nearly 20 years ago. It would also fit previous interviews where they were considering changing a bit some conventions (like re-using the same cast).
Reminder that Ryza is the best selling game in the series worldwide, and an excellent entry point. Give it a try!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the original, haven't started it yet. It's on my summer game bucketlist.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
deserved, the game was very good (my first atelier game) and now we can see what ryza does with herself after the whole coming of age story

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I wonder if they possibly retooled another atelier game they were working on make it about Ryza. Considering we usually know about the next atelier not long after the previous game came out.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Ryza for Switch, found at a good price
Not bad at all, even if I'm just at the very beginning
I would love them continuing

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Also just to clarify for those that don't know much about Atelier: usually those are trilogies with the main cast changing at every game, but still direct sequels and where you see those characters come back over time and grow from their initial story and age.

Like Sophie (a popular protag with lots of merch) going from 16 to 20 to 24 over three games, and even becoming a boss:
latest
latest
latest

The main artist is also usually the same during the trilogy.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't even played the first game yet. Did they stop producing Switch copies or is there going to be more?

Oct 25, 2017
Sophie needed a continuation and by that I mean her as the main I know she still pops up in the mysterious series. That was my favorite one(albeit it was my first one but still!!)

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So how was the first game in the end? I haven't played an Atelier game since Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, but I thought Ryza looked neat.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Guess we'll see how this goes. I'm a little disappointed we don't get a new protagonist as always but I am kind of interested to see how they deal with a protagonist that has actual experience with alchemy for once.

Also kind of hoping for some alchemy system tweaks. The new system isn't bad but it's not my favorite; some of the advanced recipes just got to be way too cumbersome, especially when you'd realize you were missing an ingredient in an upgraded version of a base recipe, and you'd have to just remember all the ingredients you used with what traits for what nodes in the recipe trees.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Also just to clarify for those that don't know much about Atelier: usually those are trilogies with the main cast changing at every game, but still direct sequels and where you see those characters come back over time and grow from their initial story and age.

Like Sophie (a popular protag with lots of merch) going from 16 to 20 to 24 over three games, and even becoming a boss:

The main artist is also usually the same during the trilogy.
That's pretty amazing

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I haven't even played the first game yet. Did they stop producing Switch copies or is there going to be more?
They did another run in Europe (you can find copies around 40-50€ now), don't think so in NA.
So how was the first game in the end? I haven't played an Atelier game since Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, but I thought Ryza looked neat.
It was pretty great imo (if you know what to expect from the series). The main difference is in the combat system honestly, as it's real time with pause this time around. Some nice changes all around.

That said, it's still different from old school Atelier games. Big difference between before Rorona/Arland and after.

Oct 25, 2017
Ryza is so popular that she deserves to have her own trilogy, I hope they actually do something interesting with the fact that we aren't getting a new alchemist and instead an experienced one.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ryza was my first Atelier game. I'm down for a sequel. Particularly with how the first game ended. Really curious what Ryza's party is going to look like given how the first game ended.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Leaked just before the Xbox show 🤔

I haven't forgotten about when Nelke included Xbox on Twitter. Was such a odd mistake.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
I need to finish Shallie and I call myself a Gust fan. Pathetic. All these good Atelier games are coming out and here I am!

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of expect I'll give in and buy this one too despite not liking crafting systems that much and also still not being finished with the first game lol.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
It would be the first numbered game in the series since the Iris series nearly 20 years ago.
Not really, Mana Khemia 2 was a thing as well.

Anyway, not really surprising, Ryza was surprisingly good and really succeeded in streamlining the formula. I hope this sequel will manage to have an interesting plot this time, we haven't had an interesting story since Mana Khemia in these games.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Phil with the fat checks once again?

Or maybe "leaked just before the Direct 🤔"
I honestly think they're waiting on Fairy Tail to release first. Another Gust game, delayed multiple times until the end of this month.
But yeah, a Direct would be good too.

Hopefully with a better character design than the last game. Those legs of hers looked so damn deformed.
Ryza's legs are perfectly fine ingame, and the character design is also what helped selling it like this.
It's funny how some people thought the game would be "lewder" than it actually is. We didn't even get all the DLC costumes in the west.

This was Ryza's original character concept btw, which was a lot more classic in terms of outfit.

edit:
Not really, Mana Khemia 2 was a thing as well.
Mana Khemia didn't have Atelier in the title :p

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
I guess I might be skipping this one. I really am having a hard time enjoying Ryza. I sure hope the synthesis isn't as boring this time around.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do want to try Ryza eventually. Koei seems really stingy with their sales though.

On PC at least the lowest even old stuff seems to go is 50% off. On the one hand its sort of annoying if you want them cheaper, on the other at least you generally avoid the "Fuck I bought that X amount of time ago for Y and havent played it and now it only costs Z!"