• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 17, 2017
The Puni stuff got added to the game with a recent update, so you probably just missed it. Try going outside the atelier and looking at your porch; the screenshots/videos I saw of the Puni feature all took place there. (I haven't actually tried this myself so if it turns out I'm wrong, apologies!)
Can confirm the Puni is on the porch outside the Atelier. For me a cutscene actually activated as a stepped outside. I noticed that sometimes events will get put in a queue of sorts if there's multiple set to activate in one location. So Spaltazar might just have to walk in and out of the Atelier again if the puni isn't already there.

Travel bottles: there's a hard level cap based on the number of bottles you've found. Assuming that you've found three bottles, though, I don't think this is the issue. I'm not totally sure about this but I think just synthesizing new environments in each of the bottles will help you reach higher levels; my guess is that the ingredient you use for a bottle is not the sole determinant of the level of the bottle, and that it may also be affected by the level of the bottle you're synthesizing in and/or the levels of the other bottles you own. But I haven't experimented much with this personally. If you just want to get the party quest over with, you could try just finding a good bottle password. Not 100% sure it'll work that way but it's worth trying.
Oh I see. I have four bottles so I think I realized the problem. I've only ever synthesized two worlds and then kind of forgot about the feature. I guess I'm supposed to synthesize more to raise the potential of those worlds?

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you mean

Meteor Castle

you've got quite a ways to go, you're maybe a quarter of the way in? If that? You can get a vague sense of how much of the game is left by looking at the world map and seeing how much of it is filled in.

The Puni stuff got added to the game with a recent update, so you probably just missed it. Try going outside the atelier and looking at your porch; the screenshots/videos I saw of the Puni feature all took place there. (I haven't actually tried this myself so if it turns out I'm wrong, apologies!)

Travel bottles: there's a hard level cap based on the number of bottles you've found. Assuming that you've found three bottles, though, I don't think this is the issue. I'm not totally sure about this but I think just synthesizing new environments in each of the bottles will help you reach higher levels; my guess is that the ingredient you use for a bottle is not the sole determinant of the level of the bottle, and that it may also be affected by the level of the bottle you're synthesizing in and/or the levels of the other bottles you own. But I haven't experimented much with this personally. If you just want to get the party quest over with, you could try just finding a good bottle password. Not 100% sure it'll work that way but it's worth trying.
On Koeis Info Page about the Update it is mentioned that it gets unlocked halfway through the story. So if I am really only a quarter through (kinda crazy, been playing for 18 hours already) it would make sense that i have not yet encountered it. will check out the porch to be sure when i play this evening

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So I think I just beat the first boss with the awesome track.
But I've been seeing some parts that I need to "jump" are those tied to an alchemy item locked to story progression or something I have to create already?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I'm still not done with Chapter 3 and have my team at level 23 with 15+ hours played. I spend way too much time just wandering and doing random shit. I should probably push the story forward a bit...

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping for some Atellier game sales for Switch or PS4 this year but so far I haven't seen much except a couple sales on Steam, which I don't want to play those games on haha.

I didn't expect Ryza to go on sale but I was hoping some of the others would!~

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So I think I just beat the first boss with the awesome track.
But I've been seeing some parts that I need to "jump" are those tied to an alchemy item locked to story progression or something I have to create already?

Essentially locked to story progression in the sense that the ingredient you need is in an area you can't get to until later in the game. You'll also need to unlock the Wind Shoes recipe (it's an evolution of one of the cloth recipes) so you might as well familiarize yourself with it so you know what ingredient to keep an eye out for.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
this game is making me feel really stupid I literally can't figure out how to craft an ingot, I have all the materials but it's still not letting me do it

edit: damn my alchemy level wasn't high enough, i forgot about that lol

Last edited:

Xenor

Jun 1, 2018
They should patch in that you can compare equipment in the shop. You never know which equipment is better or worse before you buy it.
This thing is in RPGs since forever, how could they miss that.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
They should patch in that you can compare equipment in the shop. You never know which equipment is better or worse before you buy it.
This thing is in RPGs since forever, how could they miss that.

You typically don't buy equipment in these games but instead you craft your own which is usually worlds better than what a shop can offer.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
I always ignore these games, nothing against them, I just think I wouldn't enjoy them...

But this, this is piquing my interest a fair bit. I'm not sure why now, but I am definitely interested in this.

What are people's general opinions of this? Both long time fans of the series and newcomers?

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I always ignore these games, nothing against them, I just think I wouldn't enjoy them...

But this, this is piquing my interest a fair bit. I'm not sure why now, but I am definitely interested in this.

What are people's general opinions of this? Both long time fans of the series and newcomers?

It's the highest selling and highest rated Atelier game in a long time. It's been received well by series fans and newcomers. There are some quirks and other things that some of us long time fans miss but with how frequently things get changed from sub series to sub series or even game to game, change is something we're used to.

For new people it's a great place to start because it's a new sub series with no particular ties to any other. It introduces a lot of new systems and quality of life improvements that really benefit the game.

That said, they're slice of life crafting sims with lighter or heavier RPG implementation depending on the game. This one leans a bit more towards traditional JRPG in a lot of aspects while also keeping the slice of life and daily life aspects.

I think it's a great game and one of my favorite Ateliers, but you may want to watch a few videos or streams and see if it might be something you want to get into. Who knows, you might like it and want to dive into the other games.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

I was on the same boat as you but a really close friend recommended me this type of game and while it's something new that I haven't played it has a lot of charm and is the perfect game to play a little when you want to "rest" I don't know who else to explain it.

so far I have been hooked on crafting and getting materials and the characters so far are nice, while the story is still in progress and doesn't seem to be BIG is really lovable in what they want and expect.
Try to ask around more and see videos about it!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Arland Deluxe Pack is on sale, tempted to nab it. So many good sales though, especially for RPGs.

Should I go for Arland or wait for the Dusk trilogy in January?

Last edited:

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any way to make cutscenes auto advance the text after finisheng the voiced lines? there seem to be some situations where the game auto advances, but for the vast majority of the time a button input is required to advance. i would love to just lay down the controller in cutscenes rather than having to constantly press a button to advance a conversation in cutscenes

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Is there any way to make cutscenes auto advance the text after finisheng the voiced lines? there seem to be some situations where the game auto advances, but for the vast majority of the time a button input is required to advance. i would love to just lay down the controller in cutscenes rather than having to constantly press a button to advance a conversation in cutscenes

Unfortunately no. Auto advance text with Japanese VA is so helpful. I always end up pressing A when I think they're done but then all of a sudden they start talking again for me to cut them off. lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Geez, I'm at 100 hours played on this so far. lol

I'm currently trying to min/max gear to break the game. I've learned how to make materials at 999 quality with max effects and how to use the duping cauldron to easily accrue 10 million gems whenever I want to. Now just trying to make the best weapons/armor/items for everyone.

Even though the synthesizing in this game is apparently simpler than previous games I'm still finding it addicting to go all out crafting things.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arland Deluxe Pack is on sale, tempted to nab it. So many good sales though, especially for RPGs.

You talking about on Steam? I've seen it on sale for more than 25% before.

I think I'm gonna wait for Dusk because nothing is on sale on consoles atm and I hear Dusk is more friendly with the timed bullshit where Arland really hits you with timed missions.

Edit: I found a used copy of Nelke for like 15 bucks and picked it up, the city building looked fun.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
You talking about on Steam? I've seen it on sale for more than 25% before.

I think I'm gonna wait for Dusk because nothing is on sale on consoles atm and I hear Dusk is more friendly with the timed bullshit where Arland really hits you with timed missions.

Edit: I found a used copy of Nelke for like 15 bucks and picked it up, the city building looked fun.

It's on sale for the eShop until December 4th, too.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my wind boots, managed to get all the treasure chests (15 CC now!) and found the final landmarks on the island. I think I'm nearing the end but I imagine I've maybe 5 or so hours left. I want to wrap up all the town quests and then I'll move onto the finale, I think. Maybe I'll beat it tonight, though I don't expect to be done til midweek or the weekend.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Very shocked at how much I'm enjoying this tbh, I've been down on this franchise for almost a decade now, even lulua lost me and I'm the biggest arland fan in the world, but this game is connecting with me in all the right ways

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

I'm a big supporter of playing both. If you really hate the time management, though, then I suppose you should wait for Dusk. Both are worth playing and it doesn't really matter what order you play them in, the stories are unconnected and I don't think Arland feels that much worse to play than Dusk at this point (the original Rorona was a lot rougher).

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, I can't really put a finger on it but I felt the same about this game. I finally caved and jumped in for the first time last weekend and I'm enjoying it so far.
I'm still not 100% familiar with all the mechanics but it's fun to just run around and collect stuff for crafting.

Are there any consumable healing items I can craft early on? I made some green beans that had a XS healing effect but I can't see them in the consumables tab...
I was able to put them in those CC slots and that enabled me to heal during fights I think but I still feel like I'm missing something...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, I can't really put a finger on it but I felt the same about this game. I finally caved and jumped in for the first time last weekend and I'm enjoying it so far.
I'm still not 100% familiar with all the mechanics but it's fun to just run around and collect stuff for crafting.

Collecting new ingredients and maxing out things you craft really is pretty addicting. I like how if you know what you're doing you can essentially "break" the game and become so powerful everything becomes trivial.

Are there any consumable healing items I can craft early on? I made some green beans that had a XS healing effect but I can't see them in the consumables tab...I was able to put them in those CC slots and that enabled me to heal during fights I think but I still feel like I'm missing something...

Yeah, it's a little weird at first. Green beans and dry biscuits are pretty good early game heals.

Core charges and using core items is just a fancy way of saying it's how you use items like in other RPG's. The great thing is you can use the item indefinitely as long as you have a core charge. You start with 10, and you can see how much an item uses up by the bottom right circle on an item (CC - 1). So if you use a healing item 10 times with a CC of 1, you exhaust the core charge, but you can use another item to recharge the core back to 10 mid-fight. To do this, hold Y for a few seconds and you'll see an on screen prompt. Once you use an item to recharge, it becomes unusable until you go back to your atelier or rest I believe.

It sounds kinda confusing but it's much easier to see for yourself. Hopefully that helps explain it a bit.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ugh I think I am close to being done with the story (found all treasure and sightseeing locations up until the
Kurken Bunker
. Already feeling that post game depression even though I am not through yet lol. I guess the good thing about Atelier Games is that you don't have to wait so long for the next one in a series?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
ugh I think I am close to being done with the story (found all treasure and sightseeing locations up until the
Kurken Bunker
. Already feeling that post game depression even though I am not through yet lol. I guess the good thing about Atelier Games is that you don't have to wait so long for the next one in a series?

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another game (or two, or three) next year. Plus Dusk trilogy being ported to Switch in January.

Depending how much you want to perfect your party and craft the very best of everything the game still offers a lot to do after you beat the story.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Adding onto the above, You can also use the items outside of battle by clicking your Basket and going to the next tab. You should see your items equipped on people. Once you get the fourth party member, you can load up some items on them that you just plan to convert into CC (converting does not permanently get rid of it, it only prevents it from being used again until you rest at a glowing flower/return home/return to the atelier.) This is typically what I did until I unlocked fast travel. Once I was able to fast travel I'd just jump back to the atelier and dump my materials and then go back out and gather/explore more.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Adding onto the above, You can also use the items outside of battle by clicking your Basket and going to the next tab. You should see your items equipped on people. Once you get the fourth party member, you can load up some items on them that you just plan to convert into CC (converting does not permanently get rid of it, it only prevents it from being used again until you rest at a glowing flower/return home/return to the atelier.) This is typically what I did until I unlocked fast travel. Once I was able to fast travel I'd just jump back to the atelier and dump my materials and then go back out and gather/explore more.
That's the thing, though. I'm pretty sure I didn't see the consumables in my basket, though.
I might have to check again if I had those items set to a CC when I checked the basket. I definitely linked the beans to CCs now so I might have to check again.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, though. I'm pretty sure I didn't see the consumables in my basket, though.
I might have to check again if I had those items set to a CC when I checked the basket. I definitely linked the beans to CCs now so I might have to check again.

They need to be equipped to a character to use them, even outside of battle.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
They need to be equipped to a character to use them, even outside of battle.
Alright, then I might have checked before equipping them to a CC. I started off with only equipping bombs before realizing that I can heal that way. That will definitely come in handy when I'm out exploring! Thanks!

Got a few more hours in last night and made my way to the point where I got my new hideout.
Damn, the gameplay loop is addicting.

"Craft just one more item."
"Get just a few more materials out in the field."
"Just deliver one more item to a quest NPC."
"Damnit, that fucking goat wanted a higher quality Zettel!"

I've set the game to easy because I want this game to be a super chill gathering and crafting simulator more than I want to experience challenging fights.
I might set it higher later but for now I just want to explore and fill my basket to the brim.

So glad I pulled the trigger on this! Last night a few more things clicked and I feel like I've got a pretty good grasp on every aspect of the game that's been introduced to me so far.
For now I've pretty much focused on getting new recipes and crafting new stuff without looking at the stats and quality.
My next step will be to focus on those aspects and make better things.

I also made a Scythe Axe. Does that mean I won't need the separate tools anymore, or is there a reason to keep the individual tools equipped as well?

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Damn, the gameplay loop is addicting.

"Craft just one more item."
"Get just a few more materials out in the field."
"Just deliver one more item to a quest NPC."
"Damnit, that fucking goat wanted a higher quality Zettel!"

It's like crack. It's so addicting and satisfying once you get to end game and create the best gear completely maxed out.

I've set the game to easy because I want this game to be a super chill gathering and crafting simulator more than I want to experience challenging fights.
I might set it higher later but for now I just want to explore and fill my basket to the brim.

I played on Normal until the last boss and it wasn't too bad. The only fights that were somewhat challenging were the boss fights themselves. Don't worry though, if you plan to tackle end game on Legendary difficulty even that is piss easy once you know how to break the game and synthesize ridiculously OP stuff for your party. I'm at that point now and nothing in the game can even touch me, including the Elementals, Queen of Shadows , or the Dragon of Light (Lent's added story DLC boss). Just waiting on more DLC at this point, I'm playing on the Switch but I would have the Platinum trophy if I was on PS4. lol

I also made a Scythe Axe. Does that mean I won't need the separate tools anymore, or is there a reason to keep the individual tools equipped as well?

Nope, once you can craft the dual sets there's no reason to keep the single gathering items. There's 10 total things you can equip, eventually you can combine all of them into dual sets so you can ultimately have everything equipped at once.

Last edited:

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
It's like crack. It's so addicting and satisfying once you get to end game and create the best gear completely maxed out.

I played on Normal until the last boss and it wasn't too bad. The only fights that were somewhat challenging were the boss fights themselves. Don't worry though, if you plan to tackle end game on Legendary difficulty even that is piss easy once you know how to break the game and synthesize ridiculously OP stuff for your party. I'm at that point now and nothing in the game can even touch me, including the Elementals, Queen of Shadows , or the Dragon of Light (Lent's added story DLC boss). Just waiting on more DLC at this point, I'm playing on the Switch but I would have the Platinum trophy if I was on PS4. lol

Nope, once you can craft the dual sets there's no reason to keep the single gathering items. There's 10 total things you can equip, eventually you can combine all of them into dual sets so you can ultimately have everything equipped at once.
My current favorite equipment stat is health regen because that way I don't have to remember healing my characters or worry about getting low during fights.
Other than that I don't really care about the stats too much for now.
Good to know about the dual tools!

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm working on my final weapons, what's the difference between Weapon Reforging and Weapon Buffing?

I believe one is taking the traits from another weapon. The other takes effects? I'm working out a plan to get some high level traits onto my final weapons. Thankfully you can change the display to see how many levels you'll get from a material.

Deleted member 51646

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
After finishing the game I am a huge fan of many of the changes in Ryza. The new system for unlocking recipes is great thematically and offers a lot of potential for later syntheses as you morph through multiple recipes to accumulate traits. I wish they had gone further with that, since currently it only really feels worthwhile for equipment. Keeping a low item level (-cc might also work?) was never really worth the effort.
The seed system for generating high level materials was also great and I'd love for them to expand on the farm simulator aspect in future titles. The well, the mushroom racks, etc are already there and modelled but everything just comes out of a few seed plots.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Now that I'm working on my final weapons, what's the difference between Weapon Reforging and Weapon Buffing?

I believe one is taking the traits from another weapon. The other takes effects? I'm working out a plan to get some high level traits onto my final weapons. Thankfully you can change the display to see how many levels you'll get from a material.

Weapon buffing is what the base game had while forging is what the free update brought.

Buffing uses 3 items (once you have all three power reactors) to enhance the stats and transfer effects/traits as a one time thing. Forging is essentially the same thing however now you can use gems to infinitely increase your stats and change traits but NOT effects. Effects have to be done during the buffing stage.

If you're looking to min/max, craft these three items with 999 quality and maxed out effects and use all three of them to reinforce your weapons:

Philosopher's Book
Miracle Ebonyal
Astronomical Clock

Your weapons will have these effects transferred over which are considered the best in the game: Core Overflow, Devil's Pact L, and Reverse Hour Hand. You basically want it to look like this by the end with traits Skill Charge++ Lv.50, Skill Charge+ Lv.30, and Super Skill:

jPQPdYw.png

With the forge you could max all of your stats to 999 if you so choose, however plan to dupe a lot of gems because after a certain amount of times it takes 1 million gems to forge every time to reach 999 so it's definitely not worth it. I basically stopped forging once it hit the 1 million gems. Even at that my weapons were ridiculously OP. Here's a quick breakdown on the requirements:

Gem Cost for Item Forging starts at 10,000 gems:
  • From 10K gems, it increases by 5K every time until 30K.
  • From 30K gems, it increases by 10K every time until 70K.
  • From 70K gems, it increases by 15K until 100K.
  • From 100K, it increases by 50K until 300K.
  • From 300K, it increases by 100K until 700K.
  • From 700K, it increases by 150K until 1 million, and cap at 1 million gems per item forge.
It's advised to just use maxed out 999 quality Super Steel Gear for forging as this gives you the best overall stat upgrade each time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
And I beat it~

Really lovely game and it's easily one of my top three in the series. I didn't go too crazy on my weapons but everyone had about 350-450 atk by the end and boss hits were only doing 1-2 dmg on each person. The ending was really sweet and I'm eager to see where they go with a sequel.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
And I beat it~

Really lovely game and it's easily one of my top three in the series. I didn't go too crazy on my weapons but everyone had about 350-450 atk by the end and boss hits were only doing 1-2 dmg on each person. The ending was really sweet and I'm eager to see where they go with a sequel.

Yeah, the only reason to pump out gear like the weapon I posted would be if you wanted to attempt the optional post-game bosses on the hardest difficulty or something like that. They're also fun to make. lol

As for the ending
You thought it was sweet? I thought it was depressing. Everyone basically just all got up and went their separate ways immediately and left Ryza on the island by herself. lol

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Finally reached the point where I was able to craft the Winged Shoes and immediately crafted an Explorer's Set.
I then found out that I needed to unlock the actual trait to be able to ride the wind currents so the Explorer's Set I've crafted was completely useless (also still only was S sized, too...).

So I went back and actually paid attention to the crafting process. Got the jumping trait and bag size M in one craft!
That opened up so many new things. I think I knocked out 10+ new crafts and sub recipes just from checking the jump spots that weren't accessible before.
So much fun!

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Finally reached the point where I was able to craft the Winged Shoes and immediately crafted an Explorer's Set.
I then found out that I needed to unlock the actual trait to be able to ride the wind currents so the Explorer's Set I've crafted was completely useless (also still only was S sized, too...).

So I went back and actually paid attention to the crafting process. Got the jumping trait and bag size M in one craft!
That opened up so many new things. I think I knocked out 10+ new crafts and sub recipes just from checking the jump spots that weren't accessible before.
So much fun!

I misunderstood the recipe jumps for quite a while myself, then once I studied it I was like "Ohhhh...".

It also took me a while to remember I could hit square and see all the traits I was adding instead of keeping track in my head.

If you've been neglecting them I'd recommend getting the plant seeds. You can get a lot of good and high quality materials.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
I misunderstood the recipe jumps for quite a while myself, then once I studied it I was like "Ohhhh...".

It also took me a while to remember I could hit square and see all the traits I was adding instead of keeping track in my head.

If you've been neglecting them I'd recommend getting the plant seeds. You can get a lot of good and high quality materials.
I have neglected them because I'm still missing that branch item and never really bothered to look for it. Where do I get it from?
What plants should I focus on once I got it?

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I have neglected them because I'm still missing that branch item and never really bothered to look for it. Where do I get it from?
What plants should I focus on once I got it?

Branch item should be from Liese Valley if you've been there yet. Should be smaller bushes with the staff, I think, but I might be wrong.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Branch item should be from Liese Valley if you've been there yet. Should be smaller bushes with the staff, I think, but I might be wrong.
Ah, just got there and then started my quest for the Winged Shoes as soon as I got that red flower...
Weird that they tell you about the garden and seeds but you can't do anything with it until you reach Liese Valley...

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, just got there and then started my quest for the Winged Shoes as soon as I got that red flower...
Weird that they tell you about the garden and seeds but you can't do anything with it until you reach Liese Valley...

They may be in earlier locations but I completely forgot about using my staff on bushes/plants. So used to using the scythe and bug net and hammer.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I thought gardening was going to be some pointless side thing that didn't really matter much when I first unlocked it, but it actually turns out to be one of the best and most important ways to get the game's best traits and high quality items for synthesizing.

The trick is to get each seed to 999 quality with max effects first. Once you do, you can just use the duping cauldron to make a bunch of each so you never have to synthesize them again as long as you remember to always keep one on hand.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
If you need a ton of gems for duping, an axe with Gather Up XL(?), a backpack with XL, and Limewick Hill will be your friends. There's a tree that gives you hundreds of items in a single charged hit.

Also I didn't realize this until my 7th or 8th time converting the items to gems but you can just hold down X (PS4) and use the dpad to select multiple.....

I was just mashing X....