• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Also, make sure to do the Party Quest for Ryza that gets you Core Cycler. It restores one CC after each battle. Should be easy to make, just requires you to make 10 medicinal items (anything that heals.)

Goddammit, I really should get on those party quests. I had no idea that was a thing.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So I just beat it...

Everyone just bounces all at once soon after and leaves Ryza on the island by herself? Man, that was sad as hell. WTF Gust. lol

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also, make sure to do the Party Quest for Ryza that gets you Core Cycler. It restores one CC after each battle. Should be easy to make, just requires you to make 10 medicinal items (anything that heals.)

Oh nice, will look out for that one.
So it is safe to sell the materials I have right and just keep a dozen or so of each?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that might be still waiting for the PS4 and Switch Pro icon-mod, I'm finally done with everything for both controllers in all languages the game supports so expect a release soon, aka later today.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, will look out for that one.
So it is safe to sell the materials I have right and just keep a dozen or so of each?

You won't get much money for them unless you craft them specifically for the sake of selling. It'd be better to convert them for gems. I just hold on to most materials in case I need them for a quick synth or if they have a trait I want.

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You won't get much money for them unless you craft them specifically for the sake of selling. It'd be better to convert them for gems. I just hold on to most materials in case I need them for a quick synth or if they have a trait I want.

Yeah I just unlocked the gem function. This game is pretty relaxing.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Klaudia does have missions where you need to sell items to merchants during the game and get 1,000 and then 4,000 Cole to unlock some of her passive skills.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Klaudia does have missions where you need to sell items to merchants during the game and get 1,000 and then 4,000 Cole to unlock some of her passive skills.

I hate these quests so much. It feels like stuff sells for so much less in this game, even gear and items you've made, and that gear is so much more useful than before because of gems, the forge, and the collector synthesizer thingamabob. Like, aside from those quests, you have less reason to sell things than basically any other Atelier game in recent memory.

Let's talk traits. I've finally started to get into attaching decent traits to my gear, but I feel like I've either not seen enough traits or that they've simplified the system somewhat. In previous games, you could combine traits to make stronger ones, which ended up being a really fun puzzle in its own right. You could combine different strengths of Attack/Defense/Speed UP traits to create even stronger ones, and then combine one from each stat type to make all-stats traits.

In Ryza, it seems like that's not really a thing anymore; instead you're just stacking multiples of the same trait(s) to increase their effects. The upside is that you can get stronger traits earlier than in previous games (create stacks of ATK/SPD, ATK/DEF and DEF/SPD and suddenly you can get 50+ to each stat!), and you don't have to worry about whether a trait is too expensive to attach because traits just take up a slot now, there isn't a cost associated with them. But I do miss the more puzzle-y aspect to combining traits.

Incidentally, this also creates an incentive to a) build items by chaining multiple recipes so you can add more ingredients and stack more traits together; b) rebuild items to add more ingredients and stack more traits; and c) put good traits on recipes that produce multiple of a single item, because then you can just spam them in another recipe and stack those traits.

Soilbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Beaten the game yesterday & thoroughly enjoyed my experience with it. The game exceeds really well of making you care about the main cast and their plights throughout the whole summer adventure. Kinda been hoping after finishing the game and reading a recent interview with the producer, that this trilogy will mostly stick with the original cast.
The second form of the Red Queen & the music gave me major Blue Reflection vibes. Hopefully one of the four games that GUST is currently developing is BR2!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I hate these quests so much. It feels like stuff sells for so much less in this game, even gear and items you've made, and that gear is so much more useful than before because of gems, the forge, and the collector synthesizer thingamabob. Like, aside from those quests, you have less reason to sell things than basically any other Atelier game in recent memory.

Let's talk traits. I've finally started to get into attaching decent traits to my gear, but I feel like I've either not seen enough traits or that they've simplified the system somewhat. In previous games, you could combine traits to make stronger ones, which ended up being a really fun puzzle in its own right. You could combine different strengths of Attack/Defense/Speed UP traits to create even stronger ones, and then combine one from each stat type to make all-stats traits.

In Ryza, it seems like that's not really a thing anymore; instead you're just stacking multiples of the same trait(s) to increase their effects. The upside is that you can get stronger traits earlier than in previous games (create stacks of ATK/SPD, ATK/DEF and DEF/SPD and suddenly you can get 50+ to each stat!), and you don't have to worry about whether a trait is too expensive to attach because traits just take up a slot now, there isn't a cost associated with them. But I do miss the more puzzle-y aspect to combining traits.

Incidentally, this also creates an incentive to a) build items by chaining multiple recipes so you can add more ingredients and stack more traits together; b) rebuild items to add more ingredients and stack more traits; and c) put good traits on recipes that produce multiple of a single item, because then you can just spam them in another recipe and stack those traits.

Yeah, in a game like this where you just make what you need, merchants and cole just seem pointless. I guess it's okay early on if you need to buy some gear or materials that you need in a pinch.

Also for traits I feel like most of mine are still locked when I apply them. I'm not really at that point yet where I need to min/max builds and unlock everything because I still only been playing on normal difficulty so I've not be caring too much about creating the very best stuff.

Beaten the game yesterday & thoroughly enjoyed my experience with it. The game exceeds really well of making you care about the main cast and their plights throughout the whole summer adventure. Kinda been hoping after finishing the game and reading a recent interview with the producer, that this trilogy will mostly stick with the original cast.
The second form of the Red Queen & the music gave me major Blue Reflection vibes. Hopefully one of the four games that GUST is currently developing is BR2!

I felt the final boss was a little too generic and phoned in, IMO. I do hope this cast continues with the next game because the way they just left the island and ditched Ryza was really sad. Maybe the next game Ryza heads to the capital and becomes a renowned alchemist and we can round up the crew or something

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Also for traits I feel like most of mine are still locked when I apply them. I'm not really at that point yet where I need to min/max builds and unlock everything because I still only been playing on normal difficulty so I've not be caring too much about creating the very best stuff.

The game is not very good at communicating this, but the reason why your traits show up as locked is because you need to unlock the trait slots while making the recipe. I thought maybe that stuff was locked behind alchemy level at first, so just in case you're laboring under the same misunderstanding I figured I'd share that tidbit.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The game is not very good at communicating this, but the reason why your traits show up as locked is because you need to unlock the trait slots while making the recipe. I thought maybe that stuff was locked behind alchemy level at first, so just in case you're laboring under the same misunderstanding I figured I'd share that tidbit.

Good to know. I honestly didn't even look up the reason why, just been rolling with it. lol

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying still a lot this game.
Reading your comments I do hope the trilogy uses this cast, everyone feels with "life" I don't know how to explain.
Anyway any mods around to change or improve something in the PC version?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Man, those Elemental bosses that are optional and scattered throughout the world literally destroy my party even on Normal difficulty. Those are definitely constructed to make you perfect your party's gear.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Have you made bait yet? If not, it's a story sequence that requires bait.

Ah - that would be why I can't fish yet.

Also, some of these side quests require me to use specific skills or partner abilities or something in battle. How do I do that?

Oh and during one of the tutorial sequences, there was a comment about performing something specific in battle to trigger combo actions or something like that?? What was that about?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Also, some of these side quests require me to use specific skills or partner abilities or something in battle. How do I do that?

Action Orders show up on the top left in battle. For instance, with Lent as a party member it might say "Use magic". So if you use a magic skill with Ryza afterwards Lent will automatically use his action order ability. Just make sure not to switch characters after or else it will cancel out the action order.

Extra Orders are the same however they only appear when using quick action by pressing ZR in battle when you have 10 AP and then performing a skill while an enemy is either enraged or already stunned. After your skill both your party members will perform their extra orders.

Oh and during one of the tutorial sequences, there was a comment about performing something specific in battle to trigger combo actions or something like that?? What was that about?

That's what action and extra orders are.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Patch for Ryza on PC is out https://steamcommunity.com/games/1121560/announcements/detail/1615031650978846868

1: Addition of graphic options

"Graphics Options" has been added to the "Startup Environment Settings" screen in the Settings menu of the launcher displayed before the game starts.

On the screen that appears after selecting "Graphics Options", the graphic settings can be adjusted according to your PC environment.

2: Addition of mouse operation settings

"Mouse settings" has been added to the "Startup Environment Settings" screen in the Settings menu of the launcher displayed before the game starts.

On the screen that appears after selecting "Mouse Settings", check "Enable Mouse Operation" to operate the camera, change the distance, and change gathering tools by using the mouse.
You can also use the mouse scroll wheel to select items where list operations are needed such as on the main menu.
In addition, an optional controller button can be mapped to the mouse to control certain options.
Note: To change the gathering tools, press the key corresponding to the RB button while operating the mouse scroll.

3: Addition of A button, B button switch function

A function to switch the key corresponding to the A and B buttons has been added to the "Startup Environment Settings" screen in the Settings menu of the launcher displayed before the game starts.

4: Support for monitors other than 16:9 screen resolution

In instances where monitors other than 16:9 screen resolution are used, the issue where full screen mode was not displayed correctly has been fixed.

5: Usability improvement

Players can now leave the game from the desk in the Atelier.

6: Other adjustments

The icon added to the desktop when the game is installed has been fixed.
In addition, the issue that the icon might not be named has been fixed.

The bug that occurred at high frame rates has been fixed.

Booty physics fixed at any FR higher than 30 praise be

I'm at work but if someone can post screenshots the new settings, I'd appreciate it.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
When a certain party member issues the order "boost your stats" when I'm controlling Ryza, what am I supposed to do? Up until now I assumed party members only issued orders I could actually do with the items or skills I had configured at the time of battle. Now I'm wondering if I have to configure a stat-boosting item (and apply the boost to Ryza since the order specifies "your stats") to satisfy these orders.

Thanks in advance.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
When a certain party member issues the order "boost your stats" when I'm controlling Ryza, what am I supposed to do? Up until now I assumed party members only issued orders I could actually do with the items or skills I had configured at the time of battle. Now I'm wondering if I have to configure a stat-boosting item (and apply the boost to Ryza since the order specifies "your stats") to satisfy these orders.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you have to do. It's a lot more obvious if you have Klaudia in your party, as her orders often involve dealing elemental damage, and it's difficult to have items/weapons that deal all types. For me, Ryza is almost always dealing either physical or non-elemental magical damage, especially since I'm not using items very often because I hoard CC.

FWIW I don't think I've ever triggered any normal orders from the character you're talking about. I keep meaning to make a stat-boosting item and forgetting. Note that it does have to be STATS that get boosted; items that simply give you buffs apparently don't count. (I have to double-check the Fish Oil effects, though.)

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
FWIW I don't think I've ever triggered any normal orders from the character you're talking about.
I thought it was an Action Order. Am I mistaken? I've never understood what in the heck a Normal Order is (the order which triggers healing if satisfied). How do I tell the difference between a Normal and Action Order?

Thanks for confirming the character is asking for something I don't currently have equipped. Time to study my options and experiment.

Another thing I've noticed about the character in question is that they have two Action Order responses (Universal and Elemental). Is that a documentation error and the second one is supposed to be an Extra Order response?

I love this game but the documentation needs some polish.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was an Action Order. Am I mistaken? I've never understood what in the heck a Normal Order is (the order which triggers healing if satisfied). How do I tell the difference between a Normal and Action Order?

Thanks for confirming the character is asking for something I don't currently have equipped. Time to study my options and experiment.

Another thing I've noticed about the character in question is that they have two Action Order responses (Universal and Elemental). Is that a documentation error and the second one is supposed to be an Extra Order response?

I love this game but the documentation needs some polish.

I... did not think that hard about my terminology. It turns out I do in fact mean Action Orders. I don't think normal orders are a thing. Apologies.

As far as I am aware, there are two types of orders: Extra Orders, which are the orders you can trigger when you perform a Quick Action (they'll show up in the top-left as YELLOW orders, and every time I've seen them they have the same prompt from both party members), and non-extra orders, which I assumed were called normal orders and are just the orders you get during normal battle. The normal, non-extra orders I've seen from the character you're talking about are always some variant of "Increase your stats!" or "Apply an elemental weakness!," neither of which I've ever done. The Extra Orders are 99.9% of the time just "Use your skills!" and that applies to every party member I've played with, not just the one you mention.

And yeah, documentation's not fantastic. Though I should mention that Ryza does have a web-accessible manual that can be accessed in-game (at least on PS4). In fact, here's the link! It's how I figured out that what I was referring to is actually called Action Orders.

Oh: to address your other question, yeah, those are both Action Orders. Each character has at least two options for Action Order prompts. Lent, for example, will either ask you to use your skills or inflict magic damage. They're both Action Orders and regardless of which prompt you trigger, the character will perform the same Action Order move.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
To clarify what I'm talking about, each character has three kinds of Order completion skills (viewable on the Status page):

Ryza
Action: Astral Sphere
Extra: Blast Nova
Normal: Life Gain

Klaudia
Action: Tuning
Extra: Flageolet
Normal: Blessing Search

Lent
Action: Turbulence
Extra: Solid Break
Normal: First Aid

Tao
Action: Deceptive Gambit
Extra: Shadow Creeper
Normal: Revival Medicine

"Five"
Action: Universal Energy
Action (?): Elemental Link
Normal: Patch Up

Notice that "Five" has two Action Order completion skills, unlike all the other characters. If correct, that suggests "Five" has no Extra Order completion skill.

"Completion" skill (what I also called a "response" skill in my earlier post) is what I'm calling the skills the NPCs "reward" you with if you complete one of their orders. Clear as mud? 8D

So what the heck is that Normal Order completion skill? When do those trigger? I did some googling and someone said it automatically triggers below a certain HP percentage. Not sure I believe that but maybe it's right. Dunno. Maybe I should try e-mailing KT's tech support.

Last edited:

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well I did a thing, after Googling a bit managed to lock the game to 30fps and adding some shaders along with bumping the resolution and well it's looking a lot prettier!
Honestly I don't know how I did not break anything lol

Now to play the game again this weekend.

About the season pass is more story right? Was that part of the digital deluxe in steam or something separate?

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
About the season pass is more story right? Was that part of the digital deluxe in steam or something separate?
There is no overlap with the Digital Deluxe extras. The following page breaks down the content in the season pass:

Some of the weapon skins are pretty funny. I need those cat paws.

I see they reveal the playable characters so I shouldn't have bothered to hide the identity of the fifth party member in my posts above. D'oh. Just so used to all the "Seven" stuff in Xenoblade Chronicles discussion.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
Oh: to address your other question, yeah, those are both Action Orders. Each character has at least two options for Action Order prompts. Lent, for example, will either ask you to use your skills or inflict magic damage. They're both Action Orders and regardless of which prompt you trigger, the character will perform the same Action Order move.

OK, I understand you now that I've leveled up enough (30) to unlock a second Action Order "reward" skill for each character. Thanks again.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
The further I get into the game, the more cumbersome the alchemy system gets. I like the general idea and I think it's a good way to shake things up, but I feel like it actually does the opposite of streamlining alchemy, at least once you get knee deep into the more complicated recipes. So many times now I've gotten deep into the evolved stage of a recipe, only to discover that actually I needed all these other ingredients and now I have to go make those. And sometimes I'll start making those recipes and actually, I needed something ELSE that I don't have any more of, and now I have to make THAT as well. It actively turns me off of doing synthesis, which is the exact opposite of what you want in an Atelier game.

The method of unlocking recipes via evolution is cool but I feel like it hides so much information. For example, I'm almost 30 hours in and I've explored the tower Lent talks about at the beginning of the game. I JUST made a compass for the first time. I had no idea what it did and actually this would've been kind of useful a long time ago, but now I feel like I don't really need it and there's no room in my gathering items for it anyways so I'll basically never use it.

Thank goodness for the alchemy tool you come across in the tower. It's already made my life so much easier and I've only had it for an hour or so.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
So many times now I've gotten deep into the evolved stage of a recipe, only to discover that actually I needed all these other ingredients and now I have to go make those.
I'm not as far as you are but I think it may be easier to first make a minimal version of something (with crappy ingredients) just to unlock its recipe. Once the recipe is unlocked, you can study all the loops and make the stuff you need. The game has a mechanism for crafting an ingredient you need in the middle of crafting something else BUT it seems it blows away your original crafting session (meaning you have to start over). If it would return you back to your original crafting session it would be much more useful.

What's the deal with all the "curse" traits? Unless the descriptions are wrong, they curse YOU, not the enemy. Is there a strategic reason for impairing yourself? Is that a late-game thing?

I still haven't figured out how to "boost your stats". Puni Jelly and Fish Oil don't seem to work.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I believe that more materials are needed for synths due to the complete removal of time or tasks taking any notable amount of time. It seems like they tried to offset the hundreds of materials that you can gather in minutes with simply requiring more for synths. Hopefully they'll adjust that in the sequel. That said, it's probably a good idea for me to sit on like a stack of 20 cloth and metal for future synths.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not as far as you are but I think it may be easier to first make a minimal version of something (with crappy ingredients) just to unlock its recipe. Once the recipe is unlocked, you can study all the loops and make the stuff you need. The game has a mechanism for crafting an ingredient you need in the middle of crafting something else BUT it seems it blows away your original crafting session (meaning you have to start over). If it would return you back to your original crafting session it would be much more useful.

What's the deal with all the "curse" traits? Unless the descriptions are wrong, they curse YOU, not the enemy. Is there a strategic reason for impairing yourself? Is that a late-game thing?

I still haven't figured out how to "boost your stats". Puni Jelly and Fish Oil don't seem to work.

It is, in the sense that once you unlock it you can just look at the recipe requirements whenever you want. But it also means you're using more items, since you have to make a base version of the item just to unlock the recipe, and THEN make the actual version you want with all the traits and whatnot. In the end, that means you need more ingredients on hand, and the possibility of having to make a bunch more interim items to serve as ingredients goes up. So there's a bit of a tradeoff. Additionally, you can pile on more ingredients (and thus traits) by starting with a simpler recipe and re-evolving the recipe, so you're not entirely immune to gotchas even then.

I'm pretty sure the Curse traits do apply to the enemy, but I personally haven't tried them out myself. Atelier games in the past have been notorious for confusing or vague trait descriptions so it wouldn't be out of character for the Curse traits to seem like they refer to yourself but actually refer to your target.

I also still haven't figured out "Boost your stats." I also seem to have trouble triggering the "Heal your HP" orders when I'm controlling Klaudia.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I also still haven't figured out "Boost your stats." I also seem to have trouble triggering the "Heal your HP" orders when I'm controlling Klaudia.

For Klaudia I think it has to actually restore HP. I tried doing it on her with full HP and nothing happened. Not sure if you ran into that.
For Boost Your Stats, I've yet to find/create an item that does that but I think I'll need to look into it now... I swear an item I have on Ryza let me do it. I'll get back to you on that.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
For Klaudia I think it has to actually restore HP. I tried doing it on her with full HP and nothing happened. Not sure if you ran into that.
For Boost Your Stats, I've yet to find/create an item that does that but I think I'll need to look into it now... I swear an item I have on Ryza let me do it. I'll get back to you on that.

I've definitely done it while Klaudia was low on HP. No dice. I haven't yet tried healing other people, though.

Nov 17, 2017
Is there a certain point where they make you customize the Atelier or am I just meant to find the materials to do so on my own? Cause I've had it for awhile but have nothing to customize it with.

Also me when I got to the volcano:

Klm54Y.gif

I was just struggling with this yesterday. When a characters says "Heal your HP" they stupidly mean "Heal MY HP." I don't know who messed that up in the translation but I tested it out; Lent said Heal your HP and controlling Klaudia, I used a healing item on her. Nothing. Then I used her healing ability on Lent and he did the Action Order. So I'm assuming "Boost your stats" must also mean "Boost MY stats." Haven't tried that yet though.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a certain point where they make you customize the Atelier or am I just meant to find the materials to do so on my own? Cause I've had it for awhile but have nothing to customize it with.

Also me when I got to the volcano:

Klm54Y.gif

God it is just about my favourite track in the game, so good.

The song for the mountain path (first stage of the volcano) is my fave, it's jauntier:

I was just struggling with this yesterday. When a characters says "Heal your HP" they stupidly mean "Heal MY HP." I don't know who messed that up in the translation but I tested it out; Lent said Heal your HP and controlling Klaudia, I used a healing item on her. Nothing. Then I used her healing ability on Lent and he did the Action Order. So I'm assuming "Boost your stats" must also mean "Boost MY stats." Haven't tried that yet though.

I'll try this tonight to confirm, but I bet you're right! Atelier games have never been fantastic in the localization department, though to its credit Ryza's dialogue has mostly been quite good.

Last edited:

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
I'm honestly baffled seeing how quickly some people were able to beat this game.

I've been making pretty good use of my time, 15 hours in... and I don't think I'm anywhere close to beating it (I just frolicked in the fragrant forest), yet in how long to beat, I see 17-29 hours to beat this.

Just... how?

Nov 17, 2017
So how exactly does
Lila
work? There was a tutorial window about elemental stuff but I kind of glossed over it and am confused at what I'm meant to do.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I forgot:

You're just meant to find the materials on your own. Specifically, at a certain point in the game,

you'll be able to buy the materials from Klaudia's father, and then make things with those materials.

This is never really explained in the game and it's easy to get through the whole game without ever customizing your atelier, if GameFAQs is any indication.

Nov 17, 2017
God it is just about my favourite track in the game, so good.

The song for the mountain path (first stage of the volcano) is my fave, it's jauntier:

I'll try this tonight to confirm, but I bet you're right! Atelier games have never been fantastic in the localization department, though to its credit Ryza's dialogue has mostly been quite good.

It sounds like the love child of a Professor Layton track and a Pokemon track. I love it.

This is never really explained in the game and it's easy to get through the whole game without ever customizing your atelier, if GameFAQs is any indication.
I would've gone the whole game without customizing it haha. I actually forgot about that mechanic you mentioned. I'm gonna focus on that next time I play.

Oh my gawd. It works. I just saw a new skill I've never seen before. Now to try boosting their stats.

Thank you for figuring this out! This is a "Severity 1" localization error.
Yeah, it was driving me crazy. I thought there was some crazy extra healing mechanic I was unaware of at first.

I don't know how they made such a obvious blunder considering it's something the characters will yell at you repeatedly throughout the game. I'm just gonna assume Ryza and friends spend so much time goofing off and not going to school that they're just really bad at grammar.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Confirmed: "boost your stats" does in fact mean "boost MY stats," as in boost the person making the order prompt. Finally I can finish some of these party quests!

Though now I have another problem I need to synthesize my way out of: you can't assign three frontline party members at once, which means right now I can't have do some of the party quests without dropping Ryza from my team.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Confirmed: "boost your stats" does in fact mean "boost MY stats," as in boost the person making the order prompt. Finally I can finish some of these party quests!

Though now I have another problem I need to synthesize my way out of: you can't assign three frontline party members at once, which means right now I can't have do some of the party quests without dropping Ryza from my team.

You can actually! I thought you weren't able to at first too, but if you remove one of the backline party members instead of trying to replace them, you can then add a third character to any position you want. I've been running with three frontliners ever since I figured it out.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
You can actually! I thought you weren't able to at first too, but if you remove one of the backline party members instead of trying to replace them, you can then add a third character to any position you want. I've been running with three frontliners ever since I figured it out.

Oh dear god. WHY GAME, WHY.

I'll do that tonight! Klaudia's kind of just dead weight at this point anyways.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I've found this game has the same issue as the other recent games, which is that there really aren't a lot of required boss battles. I like losing to a boss and then making my gear and items better so I can beat it, but that only happened a few times, the two dragons and the final boss. The rest of the game you don't really need to be getting better.