• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm wondering the same for the 3 games released today: Sophie, Firis, and Lydie&Suelle
I've heard Atelier games on PC have not been great ports in the past, but I'd much rather have the option of 4K60 on PC than whatever the console versions are running.

The discussions on the Sophie page sound positive but there aren't many reviews yet. Noone mentions issues with the PC ports...but I'm gonna wait a bit longer to make sure lol.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
They're fairly standard ports, Dusk and Arland Trilogys run at 60fps tops and need ini edit for 4k, newer games like Ryza or Arland 4 run at 4k and 120fps+ straight from the menus. I don't know about the new releases of Lydie, Firis and the other one.

KT ports get a bad reputation but they're far from terrible imo. Just ok. They're much better than what Square-Enix usually puts out for example.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Hopefully that video's cued correctly, but if it's not, there are also chapter links in the description. One of them talks about the PC port quality. tl;dr: uncapped framerate and actual resolution options beyond 1080p without modifying a random INI file--1440p is shown in the launcher, dunno if 4K is also in there as the reviewer's system doesn't include a 4K monitor I don't think. Still weirdness around mouse/keyboard controls, though.

The reviewer didn't note any weird graphical glitches or anything like the original Firis PC port had (shadows on faces were particularly bad, so easily noticeable almost as soon as you started the game), so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
They're okay. Not great, but playable. They run pretty poorly relative to how the games look, but any modern PC should still be able to handle them (no problems using a 1060 6GB). They're pretty basic in terms of options, but they work.

The Arland ports are the worst of the bunch. Meruru crashes on the final boss fight, but you can get around it. Totori also randomly crashes with no way to get around it, and all three have laggy menus. I haven't personally played Rorona on PC, so I don't know if that crashes as well.

I don't know how the Mysterious DX versions are, but the originals had low res assets (from the Vita version rather than the console one), and Sophie had weird FPS drops in menus that I think was fixed with a patch. And Firis was just kind of buggy in general.

Ryza 2 at launch required a controller to be plugged in, otherwise it would stutter. I don't know if this was fixed, but if it wasn't you'll need to use a wired controller to play it.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
I've only played Firis so far but It does seem to have stutter unless a controller is plugged in. I'm getting around 60-75 fps @ 3440x1440. The game itself isn't stretched but some of the ui elements seem to be stretched while playing in ultrawide.