• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Office workers of ERA, what's your experience?

• I'm a woman and typically feel office temps are chilly.

Votes: 47 8.9%
  • I'm a woman and typically feel office temps are just right.

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • I'm a woman and typically feel office temps are overly warm.

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • I'm a man and typically feel office temps are chilly.

Votes: 174 33.1%
  • I'm a man and typically feel office temps are just right.

Votes: 110 20.9%
  • I'm a man and typically feel office temps are overly warm.

Votes: 173 32.9%
  • Other (please share)

Votes: 12 2.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
My fiance turns on my cars goddamn seat warmers when it's over 80 out. She'll snuggle up under every cover in the place and complain about the air conditioning being on when it's a sweltering death hole outside.

I just.... I don't even!

This is the true mystery about women.

its about blood circulation friend, women have it closer to their heart / further from their hands - feet, hence they feel colder

its the opposite for men

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-12-women-colder-men-scientists.html

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
My office is kept closer to 75, and I hate it. Add in humidity and I get increasingly restless and irritable throughout the day.

OP
OP
lake

lake

Oct 27, 2017
I'd appreciate less fewer "women are crazy" comments. We hear that enough outside of Era. Think of a different way to say whatever you mean imo

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhat off-topic, but many times, when the HVAC temp is set to around 22 or so, which I am completely fine with, and the overall temp is hanging slightly above it so the fans get turned off, the room can feel stuffy.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Orlando, FL

I'm a licensed electrical P.E. who works with Mechanical PEs....the ones who design HVAC systems for buildings. It's not a sexism issue, at least not in the design phase.

It's been in the 90s here in Orlando already. I'm sweating every time that at a job site outdoors. I'd probably quit my job if the owners kept it warm in the office. My office feels perfect to me.

It's far easier to just wear a sweater / bundle up than to dress for warmer temps. There's no way I'm going to be in an office where I sweat just by sitting at my desk.

Nov 26, 2018
Testosterone makes you warm and anemia, which a lot of women are prone to, makes you feel cold. I think 70F is probably middle ground at our offices and labs.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
It really sucks when it's too cold. That said, it sucks when it's hot and there's BO. As has been said 1000x, bringing layers mitigates it to some degree, but I can't remove layers. So it needs to border on the cooler side. Sorry.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep the thermostat @ 72F. I've had other men complain, "Are you a reptile?" One guy confessed to me that he turns his thermostat to 62F. Some guys like to be popsicles, I guess.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I've had too hot and too cold depending on where I worked. Given the choice I'll always choose too cold rather than too hot, it's simply far easier to wear more, than less... in an office at least.

Raggie

Oct 16, 2018
Women are also smaller than men on average, so obviously we get colder more easily. Nothing strange/weird/mysterious about it.

Yea, it's hard to concentrate when you are freezing.

Raggie

Oct 16, 2018
Orlando, FL

I'm a licensed electrical P.E. who works with Mechanical PEs....the ones who design HVAC systems for buildings. It's not a sexism issue, at least not in the design phase.

It's been in the 90s here in Orlando already. I'm sweating every time that at a job site outdoors. I'd probably quit my job if the owners kept it warm in the office. My office feels perfect to me.

It's far easier to just wear a sweater / bundle up than to dress for warmer temps. There's no way I'm going to be in an office where I sweat just by sitting at my desk.

Ever tried using a mouse while wearing gloves?