• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It's a Japanese role playing game that takes 100 hours to complete.

Well, close.
C_r8FATUQAADJ9i.jpg

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Really happy that things are working for Atlus, I hope for a remake of tactics ogre.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Surely this would sell gangbusters on Switch? Not port begging because I don't really care anymore, but JRPG's sell very well on the platform.
It would, if it existed. Atlus does whatever they want though, and they don't seem to want to put it on Switch. I don't expect that it will come to Switch.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Seems pretty low for a game released on two 80+ million owners platforms. But maybe it's good on their metric/budget.

Sep 28, 2018
Hopefully it's not considered port begging but frankly, I think they should make it multiplatform, as many as possible and they could be well over three million by now. Either way that's awesome. May some of their other IP's get this same recognition eventually.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Stay classy people. Fuck the port begging already with every single persona thread

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Could've been much higher if not for all the people emulating it.
I remember for curiosity sake checking P5 downloads numbers on those piracy sites the ones that displays it when P5 was in a good enough condition to be played on PS3 emulator and download numbers etc for P5 shot through the roof in multiple of those sites that was distributing the iso and that was just the first month should've took screenshots, download numbers before that jump must've been for pirating on PS3 itself

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
No pressure, SMT5 & Project Re Fantasy!

Still, this is a magnitude higher than Atlus games in the past. Like From Software, it makes me happy to see such a long standing game developer finally hit the big time (in relation to their past work).

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I hope Royal gets a PS5 version. What a massive success. Well deserved and one of my favourite games of all time. Right now it's even in my top 10. <3

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Amazing game and developer, super deserved. I hope P5R and SMTV do great numbers, too.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
It would, if it existed. Atlus does whatever they want though, and they don't seem to want to put it on Switch. I don't expect that it will come to Switch.
They have certain series on certain systems. I mean SMTV would sell gangbusters on PS4 too. I'm sure they have their reasons.

As for the people comparing it to the PS4 base. JRPGs are a better metric to compare it by.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Nice and well deserved. I was day one digital for this one. I plan to do the same for P5R.