• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did my part. Made sure to speak my mind about Catherine FB and ask them to remaster all their older Megaten stuff and port it to everything. It's good to see they're finally opening up to the possibility of porting their stuff, and it's curious that it's Atlus USA the ones asking fans.
Asking people if they want more DLCs lol
Seriously lmao.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I'm in Europe and was able to complete the survey.

Mainly asked for new mainline SMT and ports of mainline and all the Devil ____ games.

Sandbox

Jan 28, 2019
I did my part, And please atlus bring all your games on the other platforms.

Your games are good, But it is not fair to buy other devices so that I can enjoy playing your games

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I would love some of their games on the Switch or Smart Devices strictly for portability reasons and long commute.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Did my part and asked for PC ports

Also said I don't care for basically anything but their mainline SMT and Persona Games. I've never touched one of their dancing, fighting or Q games and probably never will.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Even though I mentioned that I was a fan of many games, they only asked me if I wanted a Dragon's Crown PC port (which I said yes to...) but I was hoping for more PC port questions lol.

That's weird, I was asked for ports on everything but Etrian.
Even if Xbox receives DD for all future Atlus games and a limited disc run after, I would count that as a win.

Same boat. I'd like to have the option for Xbox, even if limited. I swear to buy the next Atlus title on Xbox if it's indeed coming.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Cool.

Port everything only to Switch. Sure, I have a PC and PS4, but I'd rather play all Atlus games on Switch.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Time for my yearly "release Persona 3 Complete and finally bring over P2:EP to the West you cowards" input.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I already asked for Switch ports, but I couldn't find a place to voice my complaints regarding Catherine (I voted "Other" for my reasons).

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Atlus USA unilaterally decided to do this behind Atlus JP's backs.
Yup. Catherine for PC tells me that Atlus Japan is at least open to the idea of ports, so long as they're not carrying the buck for it.

Sega/Atlus USA probably has their own budget for ports, and is probably just getting a feel for which games to port and where they should go.

With that in mind, we need to get Persona 4 Golden on everything under the sun!

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Very cool. Maybe after seeing how well Catherine did on PC is why they're considering this finally. Even lists SMTV being ported to PS4 and X1. Do it all. Put all your games on everything possible.

Though asking this survey now at this point pretty much signifies they haven't decided any of this stuff yet and are only gauging interest for potential or possible decisions in the future. So I'm not going to look too much into this or get excited just yet.

Last edited:

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool to see that the survey actually lets me ask for more Devil Survivor/Growlanser.

I doubt they will actually listen, but it's nice to see those weren't completely forgotten.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
It's not like Atlus USA unilaterally decided to do this behind Atlus JP's backs.
It's not the first time Atlus has done such a survey in the past 10 years, and they had those questions as well, not much ever came out of them in the end.

Until there's actual change, it's just noise and talk. Just like Vanillaware a couple years back saying they were looking into porting their games on PC.... we're 3 years later, nothing came of it.

Heck, even Catherine PC to me felt like a cheap throwaway bone, considering how close it is to Full Body, why not just wait a bit and release Full Body instead? Because Atlus JP simply don't care. Maybe I'm just too old, cynical and bitter about these surveys nowadays.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Time to tell them Etrian Odyssey is the only series that matters ^_^

Actually I like Persona too. But it gets enough merchandise and stuff already.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
It's not the first time Atlus has done such a survey in the past 10 years, and they had those questions as well, not much ever came out of them in the end.

Until there's actual change, it's just noise and talk. Just like Vanillaware a couple years back saying they were looking into porting their games on PC.... we're 3 years later, nothing came of it.

Heck, even Catherine PC to me felt like a cheap throwaway bone, considering how close it is to Full Body, why not just wait a bit and release Full Body instead? Because Atlus JP simply don't care. Maybe I'm just too old, cynical and bitter about these surveys nowadays.

You have to remember at the end of the day it's Atlus JP's decision, whether the survey is in the West or Japanese side. So it doesn't matter what Atlus US would potentially want if Atlus JP isn't interested. Surveys like this don't really do anything though, you are right. They are just marketing tactics and smokes and mirrors because it's up to upper management at the end of day, no matter what anyone says. We just have to wait and see if something actually happens in the future. Until then, nothing is certain at all and maybe something will or maybe nothing will come of this. No point to hang over it.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Give me Persona's entire library on PC and then we'll talk, Atlus.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Took the survey.

When asked what I'd like for each series, I made mention of wanting new games/sequels rather than DLC.

Made sure ports were good to go.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boo it's US only.

I wanted to beg for updated ports of SMT1, 2, if..., and Devil Summoner.