• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
rpg.jp

メタファー:リファンタジオ(Metaphor: ReFantazio)| アトラス

アトラス完全新作ファンタジーRPG『メタファー:リファンタジオ』公式サイト

WAhsmXP.png

It seems like this was not known before. The game is currently announced for PS4 only, but the website doesn't actually mention any platform.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of my most anticipated game. Is it coming out in the near future?

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
When was that page published?

Edit: Just found out it was in 2017.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
we havent heard of this in years.

They took so long to rerelease Catherine and P5... I wonder how long for this one

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
How many years ago was this announced? I feel like we are waiting way too long
portable rpgs are always the best though, so this is good news regardless

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't think it means anything. They are just looking for programers that have experience in game dev.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
confused this with the CyGames RPG.

Is there a reason Japanese games use "RE:" in their titles? RE: Chain of Memories, RE: Legend, RE: coded, RE: Fantasy, RE: Hollow Fragment.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
The vita jokes don't work when Atlus is already porting Catherine Full Body to Switch, guys.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Interesting. I doubt Sony are bringing a new handheld, so assuming this does refer to some portable system and is not a throwaway l ione someone forgot to remove from a copy-paste, Switch makes the most sense as an interpretation imo.

Oct 25, 2017
It mentions iOS and Android experience as a bonus qualification so it can really mean just about anything - though since those are mentioned separately then the portable console is very likely in reference to the Switch.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It mentions iOS and Android experience as a bonus qualification so it can really mean just about anything - though since those are mentioned separately then the portable console is very likely in reference to the Switch.

Vita and Switch hardware is basically mobile hardware so mobile development experience for a programmer would help with both of those.

orzkare

Apr 9, 2020
Japan
歓迎される経験 スキル・資格■優遇要件
・コンシューマRPGの開発業務経験者、コンシューマゲーム作品の開発実務経験者は優遇

■歓迎要件
・現世代ゲーム機、PCゲーム、携帯ゲーム機でのゲーム開発経験
・Maya, 3dsMAX のプラグイン、エクスポーター作成経験
・UnrealEngine4やUnityを使用してのゲーム開発経験
・ミドルウェア(物理エンジンなど)を製品に組み込んだ経験
・ソケットプログラミング経験
・iOS、Androidゲーム開発経験

>iOS、Androidゲーム開発経験

You say this is for mobile game ?

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
歓迎される経験 スキル・資格■優遇要件
・コンシューマRPGの開発業務経験者、コンシューマゲーム作品の開発実務経験者は優遇

■歓迎要件
・現世代ゲーム機、PCゲーム、携帯ゲーム機でのゲーム開発経験
・Maya, 3dsMAX のプラグイン、エクスポーター作成経験
・UnrealEngine4やUnityを使用してのゲーム開発経験
・ミドルウェア(物理エンジンなど)を製品に組み込んだ経験
・ソケットプログラミング経験
・iOS、Androidゲーム開発経験

>iOS、Androidゲーム開発経験

You say this is for mobile game ?

Those are optional skills.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Interesting. I'll take a portable game, be it on Switch, Vita 2 or Vita (lol at the latter two).

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
confused this with the CyGames RPG.

Is there a reason Japanese games use "RE:" in their titles? RE: Chain of Memories, RE: Legend, RE: coded, RE: Fantasy, RE: Hollow Fragment.
The anime industry (and anime game industry) is in a pretty sorry state right now. Full of otaku writers and directors that grew up only watching anime and have little imagination of their own. As such they just copy each other and you get a market full of samey tropes.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
That's the Atlus project, right?

I'm expecting Persona 6 on PS5 before SMTV on Switch before Re FANTASY on anything.

Semi-joking .......... okay 20% joking.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh just realised some people will be getting confused by the thread title.

It's not that they're looking for people with that experience, it's part of the job itself.

Joseki not sure if it's worth getting the title edited.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Ahh just realised some people will be getting confused by the thread title.

It's not that they're looking for people with that experience, it's part of the job itself.
So does this mean that the people working on the project have experience with handhelds but that doesn't necessarily mean it will release on handhelds. I'm assuming that they may have had the vita as a platform in 2017 but now it's just ps4.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So does this mean that the people working on the project have experience with handhelds but that doesn't necessarily mean it will release on handhelds. I'm assuming that they may have had the vita as a platform in 2017 but now it's just ps4.

It doesn't mean it's definitely releasing on a portable but at least implies they want to, it's not about what experience the developers have at all. In the same way you'll see job postings where developing for next generation platforms is part of the description despite the fact very few will have experience doing that right now.

The fact that it's still part of the description now would also indicate it wasn't intended for Vita but who knows with Atlus.:P