stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
IMG-3289.jpg

tweet direct link

Back in July this leaker said P3R was the only remake in active development, so these projects are probably in pre-prod or something? I don't know, I just post here.

Felt this deserves its own thread. Didn't see chatter about it in the other thread about their P3R DLC leak. Please lock if old, I searched both here and through Nesbot.

Persona 4 remake sounds cool and all… But a full fledged P2 remake would be INSANE. Stuff of dreams. Basically a brand new game for most of us.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine a Persona 2 remake would be a full on re-imagination, I don't see Atlus splitting that into two again, and that would likely already give you an entirely new game, even if they stick true to the structure of the Persona 2, which was a much more traditional JRPG dungeon crawler in the vein of old SMT
titles.

What I can't see is taking any of the Persona 2 games and cramming in the school simulation from modern games into it, not without changing virtually everything and basically making an entirely different (and much more boring) game.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a shit about P4 but god damn does anything P2 make me hyped.

I just wonder what it could be and if I can trust modern Atlus to do anything good with the masterpiece that P2 is.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would sell B-Dubs soul for a Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 remaster or remake....or a quick port to steam

OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
I'd imagine a Persona 2 remake would be a full on re-imagination, I don't see Atlus splitting that into two again, and that would likely already give you an entirely new game, even if they stick true to the structure of the Persona 2, which was a much more traditional JRPG dungeon crawler in the vein of old SMT
titles.

What I can't see is taking any of the Persona 2 games and cramming in the school simulation from modern games into it, not without changing virtually everything and basically making an entirely different (and much more boring) game.
If they do a pretty massive reimagining that's fine - just make the original accessible the way they have for P4G and P3P.

ArchLector

Banned
Apr 10, 2020
Man these Atlas leakers, this one and others on Resetera, must be really high up in hierarchy, maybe the CEO of Atlas or Sega is leaking themselves. They suddenly have minute information about every single project that is 5-6 years away of a company in Japan, lol. Or maybe they really are John Titor...

Lost Heaven

Aug 20, 2021
P4 remake was a given considering how well P3R is doing..i'm all for it since it's my favorite, but P2 remake would be the true megaton.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how they would handle a P2 remake. Would it contain both IS and EP?

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
While I understand the love for Persona 2 after playing Persona 3 Reload this weekend, all I need is Persona 4 Remake.

Kline

AVALANCHE
Sep 15, 2022
P4G is literally flawless, a nigh perfect game. No remake needed but I'd take it.

A P2 remake though, now you're talking.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
If they do a pretty massive reimagining that's fine - just make the original accessible the way they have for P4G and P3P.
I wonder how they would handle a P2 remake. Would it contain both IS and EP?
Cramming both stories into one game would entail essentially repeating 50% of the same story all over again. Which was a pretty fun thing to do when you had two different game, but doing it in the same one would feel a bit like a Yoko Taro game, with the game having multiple routes and you replaying the game to see them. It just feels too strange and weird for any normal game company to attempt it, I think.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Is this a safe space....can i say i really hate the menu design for P5, them carrying it over to Tactica made me fall of the game.
Persona 5 menu is the biggest example of style over functionality in the medium. It's extremely cool to look at, but the design directs your gaze in all the wrong places.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
P2 is sure something, I'd love to see a remake.

As for P4G it was already ridiculous from all the qol improvements and so but I'll take it too

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 menu is the biggest example of style over functionality in the medium. It's extremely cool to look at, but the design directs your gaze in all the wrong places.
Exactly, like it was designed to be seen and not interacted with at all

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Not that they'd do it but remake P4 with a FeMc option, add back in the Yosuke romance and a couple of other P5 tweaks (non party social links having minor combat benefits) and I think you'd have my unequivocal favourite game of all time.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't the other member from here say that Atlus weren't working on a remake?

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
can't believe p4 would benefit more from a remake unless they start chucking in a lot more content.

P2 is a tricky beast. P3 alone has seen some changes and some are, while subtle enough, do sufficiently shift the mood. P2 may.. get more changes. But you throw enough resources at it, and hell, why tf not

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
After P3R I'm sold on remake of Persona 4 even when Golden exists. The graphics and gameplay fluidity with this engine is just too good as long as they put more effort to the environments.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
P4 needs a huge rewrite, so I'd only be interested in it if they make meaningful changes, primarily eliminating all the homophobia, transphobia and sexism, and adding queer romance options.

P2 (and P1) need remakes even more though so they're available on modern platforms.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
im 100% convinced p2 fans will blow a gasket when the remake has modern persona aesthetics

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Persona 4 is obvious, P2 I don't believe it but they may want to milk the series success a bit more by making it more like P3-5.