• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
With the lack of the "Only On" on the game's cover, some people thought it was possible the game was arriving to other platforms, especially with the never-stopping request for it. However, today Atlus West updated their Twitter biography to add the "exclusively" part.

image0.jpg

Aditionally, PlayStation and Atlus YouTube accounts have now added the "exclusively" part where other trailers missed it:

Personally, I'd like this game to come out on PC and I'm still hoping for it, but this makes it less likely. After Sony's comments on Persona it's not surprising they tried to reach an exclusivity deal I guess.

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
I mean... It just says is coming to PS4 exclusively on 3/31. Doesn't say anything about later dates. It's still open for interpretation, but you're probably right.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that means what you think it means in this context. They're just referring to this specific release and date.

Doesn't mean other platforms are a given, but this isn't the evidence that it will never ever come anywhere else

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So it's exclusive for PS4 on March 31st? But after that...it won't be?

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't people hinted that this is a Sony moneyhat situation to keep it exclusive?

bal

Dec 22, 2018
Barcelona
absurd. What they wouldn't say that? claiming about not being exclusive leads to less sells. So they'll spread now that's exclusive, and in a while they're drop a switch version with a "ooopsiee, now is not exclusive! buy it again if you want! And well. I'll buy it for a third time.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I mean ... I've got it queued up and ready to go for next Tuesday, but I won't sit here and deny that they would sell an avalanche of copies on PC and Switch.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
What's the point of keeping 3rd-party game an exclusive? I don't think PlaStation will try to keep it as an exclusive as nowadays a lot of their own 1st-party games are coming to PC. Sooner or later this game will come to other platforms.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
"on march 31"

So you are telling me there is a chance?
Well yes, that is true

for March 31st
It can be read that is coming exclusively on current date for PS4 and later it can release on other platforms
I mean... It just says is coming to PS4 exclusively on 3/31. Doesn't say anything about later dates. It's still open for interpretation, but you're probably right.
that is what I read too lol
Exclusive on the 31st of March. After that date, anything goes.
Yes because later they'll release "Persona 5witch"

0ba.jpg

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
What's the point of keeping 3rd-party game an exclusive? I don't think PlaStation will try to keep it as an exclusive as nowadays a lot of their own 1st-party games are coming to PC. Sooner or later this game will come to other platforms.

Atlus didn't even ported Persona 4 Golden to PS4

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expected, but it's still weird that Nintendo actively sought out Joker for Smash if Persona 5 won't ever show up on Switch instead of some spinoffs.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing Atlus' stubborness, I'm still keeping my PS4 preorder, but I'll be happy/mad if they end up porting it later on lol.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Legit annoys me to see folks port beg for this on the Switch.

Like you could be using your time productively and beg for updated versions of Persona 1 + 2, or a definitive version of 3, or a straight up port of Golden.

Or wondering where the hell SMT5 is

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
cc6ad25467be0228ffd5643af652f592.jpg

(Top left)

For what it's worth I don't think P5R will be ported, but this basically means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.