• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Check out the release window trailer for Atomic Heart, the mysterious first-person shooter from developer Mundfish. We're starting to learn a bit more about it, though. The team describes the game as "an action-packed first-person shooter set in the alternative, retro-future version of the 1950s USSR." Atomic Heart will be out for PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. And yes, if that soundtrack sounds a bit familiar, it's because it is indeed being done by Mick Gordon (Doom, Doom Eternal).

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In before TBA 2025

Nah but I hope this game does come out because I love how it looks

Oct 27, 2017
Already love the visual style of this, but add a Mick Gordon soundtrack to the mix and that takes things up another level. I don't expect to be playing this before November, though.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game looks utterly bizarre in the best way possible. I really hope the final product lives up to the little we've seen which seems incredibly creative.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The description first was this tho

Check out the release window trailer for Atomic Heart, the mysterious first-person shooter from developer Mundfish. We're starting to learn a bit more about it, though. The team describes the game as "an action-packed first-person shooter set in the alternative, retro-future version of the 1950s USSR." Atomic Heart will be out sometime in the ____ber months of 2022 (as the trailer cryptically teases) for PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. And yes, if that soundtrack sounds a bit familiar, it's because it is indeed being done by Mick Gordon (Doom, Doom Eternal).

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I was forgot about this one. From what i remember, there was report about the game being on dev hell, whole project got rebooted, downgrades and what not.

Interested to see how latest build looks.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Surprised this wasn't quitely canned tbh. Still looks cool but I wonder what exactly it's going to be. Seems linear but wide like the first two Bioshock games going off of an old preview:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing this during E3... (or "E3-time") and geez, that trailer probably stuck with me more than anything else that year.
I think the music choice for it really helped with that too.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Between this and STALKER 2 this could be a great year for ambitious FPS games... If they actually deliver!

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
I have a feeling that this game will be release surprisingly very, very soon.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Was this a rogue like or a survival game? I honestly got really interested in it because of the art style, but forgot it existed.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Was this a rogue like or a survival game? I honestly got really interested in it because of the art style, but forgot it existed.
From that one really long and in-detail Russian preview, it's more of a bioshocky title, but with systemic choice and consequence somewhat like the Chaos system from Dishonored. You travel between regions, and each one has its own security systems, but as you trigger them, a central AI responds by beefing up security in adjacent regions and focusing on improving specific systems that you were taking advantage of in other areas.

It sounded quite ambitious on paper, here's hoping it coalesces into something cool. That GamePass cash infusion hopefully helped as well.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
From that one really long and in-detail Russian preview, it's more of a bioshocky title, but with systemic choice and consequence somewhat like the Chaos system from Dishonored. You travel between regions, and each one has its own security systems, but as you trigger them, a central AI responds by beefing up security in adjacent regions and focusing on improving specific systems that you were taking advantage of in other areas.

It sounded quite ambitious on paper, here's hoping it coalesces into something cool. That GamePass cash infusion hopefully helped as well.
Oh, I had no idea. I hope it's not an immersive sim. since I'm not really a fan of those.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm starting to realize I don't think I have the time to play all of 2022's games at launch and I'll to prioritize more than I'd like to. Delay some games until there's a clearer window to play them. It's a problem, but it's a great problem to have.

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
Let's gooo. Poor Arkane has been carrying the immersive sim genre on their own for too long

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
This had a very weird Channel Zero vibe that I'm into. Looking forward to it.

Any bets on the date? I feel like....September.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Heh just watched a YT vid the other day cutting together all the trailers released for this so far, good to see an update, been looking forward to this since its first reveal. Glad its not vaporware, always dug its retro-futurist Soviet sci-fi aesthetic.

There's a lot of cool unexplained visual motifs going on across the trailers Mundfish has put out over the years. The suspended-in-air Abyss-like water, and especially the apples are making me want to know more. As for the apples:

Is it some sort of parasite? The fluffy mold monster (zombie?) with an apple atop its head and blood spatter around it is some legit creepypasta shit. I love one of the YT comments describing the clip as "daytime horror". Couldn't describe it better myself.

Also is that year in the video title accurate? 10 years some of these concepts go back, wow. edit: Actually back to 2008 according to a couple other videos in the playlist.

More apples inside this robot's container-head at the beginning of the E3 trailer from last year:

Seriously a lot of interesting designs and themes attached to this project. Can't wait to find out more about the world and the lore. I'm a sucker for this show not tell method of lore delivery.

Gwynn

Mar 2, 2019
I'm starting to realize I don't think I have the time to play all of 2022's games at launch and I'll to prioritize more than I'd like to. Delay some games until there's a clearer window to play them. It's a problem, but it's a great problem to have.

I don't think you could play all 2022's games at launch even if you had no job, and no sleep and stayed up 24/7 playing games.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
The VO is absolute ass, it's going to be one of those games where it's better to play in the OG Russian VO, other than that it looks super interesting and the soundtrack sounds great!

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The VO is absolute ass, it's going to be one of those games where it's better to play in the OG Russian VO, other than that it looks super interesting and the soundtrack sounds great!

Yeah I'm definitely playing this in Russian. Lipsync bothers the hell out of me. Can't even stand it when it's english language with english lipsync but with audio delayed.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
That looked fucking wild. It's hilarious how much the score sounds like DOOM 2016 and then I remembered that it's done by Mick Gordon lol. Seems like it would be better to play it in Russian though given the dubbing and lip synching stuff.