• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Awesome. I'm thinking about trading in my disc version for the Final Battle disc version at release.

Also, for anyone wanting to try the infinite money glitch, later version saves are compatible with earlier versions of the game. If you have the disc version you can install while disconnected from the internet, load your save, and glitch away.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I really enjoyed this game. I'm looking forward to diving back in with the expansion but I want to see some impressions first because the price point is pretty high. I'm also one of the few who really liked the custom character feature which apparently isn't in the S3 expansion.

Flying around stomping Titans is kind of relaxing though some of those high level missions are also horrifying.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From the trailers it looks like this update will include quite a bit of content, mostly different play styles. A few of the recent trailers have shown gunplay. I got a kick out of the one with Eren wielding dual mini guns.

*possible spoilers contained in the video*

How can I not buy this game/expansion?

My biggest concern is that this will be a re-pressing of the existing version sold with the expansion as a download (similar to the NieR GotY edition). I really hate it when companies do that.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
How can I not buy this game/expansion?

My biggest concern is that this will be a re-pressing of the existing version sold with the expansion as a download (similar to the NieR GotY edition). I really hate it when companies do that.
Same thing happened to FFXV Royal edition, some people bought the game, then season pass, then they bought Royal pack, but now the Royal edition is cheaper, and it's regularly discounted, AOT2 lowered price online is $36, they still have the nerve to not discounted the fist game and still sell it for $60.

This is way i recommend my friends to buy the new version instead.

BTW, those videos for the gameplay, who did people get it? Review copies?
And why the releases after 2 month? Because they are waiting for season 3 to end?

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
BTW, those videos for the gameplay, who did people get it? Review copies?
And why the releases after 2 month? Because they are waiting for season 3 to end?

I don't think anyone's played the update yet. I'm pretty sure these videos are being ripped from an official site or stream and reposted on YouTube.

Add: Gotta love those Wings of Freedom.
PQ7sG5L.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't realize there was a Japan only Vita release. Watching footage it's amazing that it runs as well as it does.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
The Geezer Squad

D696b9cXsAUciNV.jpg

this is one tough mission, glad i have this sword and the ability to catch any titan without cutting it down to piece (so i had to sacrifice 45 SP point for it, but it's soo good)
now i have the SOS signal, i can refile my team mate gauge, i will get Bertholdt with me in the final scout mission.

btw, what the point of "Wings of Freedom" skill? i already have multiple attack skill and only cost 7 point, but "Wings of Freedom" cost is 50 points, can i stack the two skill together and have 8 attacks?

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
anyone seen this? it's from the final battle expansion

attacking normal human seems like pressing triangle to grab on them then attack them.
with area this big and you are very small, it will be hard and some time boring.

showing were the enemy is hidden is also not fun, if this game is online, i will stay hidden in an area where no one can see me.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
oh good, i should remove it, it's nice but 50 points are really not worth it.
is there big difference of the power between WoF and multi-strike?
Yeah, multi-strike will give you 3 chained hits. WoF hits for 6 I think. It may not sound like much but you almost need the additional chained hits in Inferno if you haven't learned to cancel anchor swipes.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Full TITAN Team (Ymir sucks btw)
the perfect team when in a map full of titans

D7Csg3VXoAAfZUZ.jpg

Yeah, multi-strike will give you 3 chained hits. WoF hits for 6 I think. It may not sound like much but you almost need the additional chained hits in Inferno if you haven't learned to cancel anchor swipes.

cancel anchor swipes? what's that?

i wish i can get more skill point space, it's really sucks when you reach level 100 you can't gets more.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's hard to explain. Look up Mina Carolina's videos on YouTube. He's really good at it. I can kind of get it to work. The cancel has you using the anchors then boost, striking, and jumping to cancel the slice animation. You do this very quickly multiple times and it allows you to strike over and over again without having to line up and anchor in again. It looks crazy in action.

i wish i can get more skill point space, it's really sucks when you reach level 100 you can't gets more.
You can actually go beyond the max skill points. When you reach inferno you get 1 additional skill point for every character you get to friendship level 10. I think this gives you a maximum of 200 skill points when you're done. It makes a huge difference. It's a hell of a grind though. All friendship levels reset to 0 in Inferno mode.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
It's hard to explain. Look up Mina Carolina's videos on YouTube. He's really good at it. I can kind of get it to work. The cancel has you using the anchors then boost, striking, and jumping to cancel the slice animation. You do this very quickly multiple times and it allows you to strike over and over again without having to line up and anchor in again. It looks crazy in action.

You can actually go beyond the max skill points. When you reach inferno you get 1 additional skill point for every character you get to friendship level 10. I think this gives you a maximum of 200 skill points when you're done. It makes a huge difference. It's a hell of a grind though. All friendship levels reset to 0 in Inferno mode.
200 SP is good, but still not enough if you want to equip all the cool skills (not all the skill tho, just the cool one)

also, buying food and gifts are really taking too much time, i wish they allow me to buy 99 for each item, what's the deal with just buying 1 item each time? and then the store finished.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here check out this video. He talks about it when he explains the button configuration at 1:44:

It seems to work best with long swords like the Katanas. Most of the shorter swords won't reach far enough to quickly swipe after anchoring in again. You have to wait too long to close the distance to the target.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Here check out this video. He talks about it when he explains the button configuration at 1:44:

It seems to work best with long swords like the Katanas. Most of the shorter swords won't reach far enough to quickly swipe after anchoring in again. You have to wait too long to close the distance to the target.

What in the fuck. It's like we're playing entirely different games. Holy shit. I didn't even know about the near landing speed boost thing. Now it feels like I've been playing wrong this whole time lol.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017

His voice is so low i really didn't understand what he said most of time.

I've seen his other video where he play so fast the game can't keep up, this happened to me and it's really annoying, and when you point to bizarre Titan, you can't un point him until the mission is over.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What in the fuck. It's like we're playing entirely different games. Holy shit. I didn't even know about the near landing speed boost thing. Now it feels like I've been playing wrong this whole time lol.

Mina is probably the best AoT2 player I've seen. I've played with the top leaderboard player on PS4 and he's also insanely fast. We invited him to a few scout missions and my friend told me he was leaving the session after that. Well beyond our capabilities. I've gotten faster but I doubt I will get to that level. I barely use the anchors anymore. I just use them to reset the double jumps to keep moving or change directions now.

Chaining quick boosts into your movement is rad as fuck. It's like when I learned to chain rocket jumps in Gravity Rush 2. What's really awesome is going back to weaker gear and using what you've learned to push it beyond what you originally thought were its limits.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
damn, i can't find miche, hannes. Nanaba and Geigar, i think i should rescue them in the main story first like the other dead people.
and level 10 friendship everyone of them is bullshit.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Found a video that Mina made on quick strikes. In the comments he says that the button config that he uses isn't necessary.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Finally, got all the characters, and leveled their friendship to level 10 all of them, this was the most stupid trophy i've ever done.
if it was on Switch, i won't do it.

also Maxed out all training, why this is even here? it's not necessary at all.

there is mod in the titan research field, where i battle against eren, we both human, and there is bar and best titan in the city and there is tons titans, i always loose, what should i do? my bar goes down very fast for each attack i do, even if i don't do anything, i still lose health bar..

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally, got all the characters, and leveled their friendship to level 10 all of them, this was the most stupid trophy i've ever done.
if it was on Switch, i won't do it.

also Maxed out all training, why this is even here? it's not necessary at all.
Yeah, there are a lot of things in the game that initially seemed like interesting ideas, but ultimately end up being unnecessary grinds for the sake of. I like how the friendship system starts, but quickly found it dragging and worn out while I speed-read through pointless cutscenes to unlock additional skills to stand a chance against post game content. AoT2 could have greatly benefited from trimming down or completely stripping out certain elements all together. It's at its best during combat. It didn't need to be an RPG/Friend Simulator lite.

There are a lot of "secrets" in the game, but the grind to reach them is so long that only the most dedicated players might stumble upon them by accident.

there is mod in the titan research field, where i battle against eren, we both human, and there is bar and best titan in the city and there is tons titans, i always loose, what should i do? my bar goes down very fast for each attack i do, even if i don't do anything, i still lose health bar..
This mode is either horribly explained, or not explained at all. You'll notice that titans are either green or purple. You're supposed to kill the targets that are the color different from your own. It's a game of tug-of-war while you race against the other player/s and the clock. Even then, the mode doesn't have much to offer. It's more fleshed out online.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
btw, how to get galleries in this game? i noticed there is a trophy for it, but i don't know how to unlock any of them.

also, i am trying to get S on all story missions, but some mission are strange, like the female titan in the city, i can beat her even before eren arrives, and i get A.

i wish i can skip all the dialogs in the missions, many times they made me loose because they are soo long.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Go for SS. You'll need to meet the requirements for the Dire Elimination to appear. It's a challenge but very satisfying.

I'm not sure about the galleries. I think it might have to do with capturing all titan types. I'm not much of a completionist. I'm working on beating inferno so that I can friendship level characters and unlock additional skill points. I think that's as close as I'll get to completing something in this game.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Go for SS. You'll need to meet the requirements for the Dire Elimination to appear. It's a challenge but very satisfying.

I'm not sure about the galleries. I think it might have to do with capturing all titan types. I'm not much of a completionist. I'm working on beating inferno so that I can friendship level characters and unlock additional skill points. I think that's as close as I'll get to completing something in this game.
some mission doesn't have dire elimination, like in the end of season 1.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
and,,,the platinum

really loved this game, waiting for the DLC now
maybe i check the other modes in this game now, and try some inferno mode, tried the first mission in inferno and couldn't get SS on the training because i didn't attacked 10 log titan's legs, my friends was fast.

the 100% gallery is really stupid, and it will takes too much time, but the 100 evade is really hard, till now i can't master it, i just get luck when it activated.

btw, new trailer for the expansion, of course there is spoiler from the anime

can't wait for this, it says on the store page
"Released Dec 31, 2020"

but it will be released July/4 this year.

should we make new thread or revive this thread?
i feel we should make new thread.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats on the plat L.O.R.D !

I think a new thread is in order tbh. I know it might split up the community, but there's going to be so much new content that it might as well be a new game. AoT2 base version players won't have any idea what Final Battle players are talking about either.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
ExitPlanetDust L.O.R.D we can close this thread and link to a new OT if one is made. It needs to be a proper OT though.
Sounds good. Maybe L.O.R.D. and I can collab on an OT. I wouldn't mind putting one together alone, but my only experience with an OT is the GTA Online one.

Also, swap your anchor movement and anchor attack buttons (triangle and x on PS4) if you haven't already. The ability to feather attack and jump with your thumb almost breaks the game.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
anchor movement is square and anchor attack is triangle on my settings.
Launching anchor is triangle.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017

uggggggg, i guess they didn't afford to make full animation on that scene? or maybe all the scenes in season 3? this looks bad.
and for $40?
good thing you can skip it.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
pre load just started for the DLC, around 5.7GB for the DLC
and 6.8GB for the patch 1.07 on PS4

ExitPlanetDust are you interested making the OT? or someone else? my english is not that good, the problem with the new DLC is it contains spoilers from the manga, like armin transformation, i just saw Famitsu Scans and there is new character.

so there should be spoiler warning in the title.

Last edited by a moderator:

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Hi! I'm super late to the party, but I just finished reading the manga a few weeks ago, and I'm curious about getting this game. It's on sale right now on PSN. Just making sure: A.O.T. 2: Final Battle is the version to get, right? This is the version that goes through the whole story from start to finish, if I understand correctly? Thanks! :)

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Hi! I'm super late to the party, but I just finished reading the manga a few weeks ago, and I'm curious about getting this game. It's on sale right now on PSN. Just making sure: A.O.T. 2: Final Battle is the version to get, right? This is the version that goes through the whole story from start to finish, if I understand correctly? Thanks! :)

I could be wrong as I don't have Final Battle but from what I remember part of the reason I didn't get it was because it changed in how the story was presented. The main game has you play as a new character who joins the rest of the cast as a new recruit. You create this character and see the story from their perspective. The Final Battle I believe returns to the method of the first AoT game where you play as story characters. In any case, these are going to be two different parts. I'm not sure how far in the story Final Battle goes. I don't think it will be all of it as from memory it wasn't finished at the time. With that said, if you buy it get the Final Battle version as it just has bonus stuff on top. It still contains the AoT package which is basically Seasons 1-2 of the anime IIRC.