• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The animation on that episode was so incredible, I almost have tears welling while watching just from how awesomely it was executed.

I love this series so much and I am so hyped for part 2. There is no way I'm ruining my anime only streak after making it this far.

Oct 27, 2017
This episode covered the first half-ish of vol 29. So you can start with 29 to just go where you left off. Vol 23 will take you back to the start of this season.

Definitely worth going back to the very start at some point, since WIT did leave stuff out.
Thanks! Will grab one from the local bookstore. I heard the Uprising arc cut a lot of stuff from the manga so I'll check out the previous volumes once I've caught up.

Not much of a manga reader (only have some random volumes of A Silent Voice & Your Lie in April since I like the animes so much), looking at the online store I just realized how cheap manga is, at least in my place. Goddamn

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. Its going to be a long wait. Very tempting to start the manga. May very well do so.

Wdf was with Armin's reaction to Yelena revealing Zekes plan? That was very odd. I don't believe for a second Armin would support that.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Great episode. Its going to be a long wait. Very tempting to start the manga. May very well do so.

Wdf was with Armin's reaction to Yelena revealing Zekes plan? That was very odd. I don't believe for a second Armin would support that.

Eren punched Armin so hard that he converted him to his religion.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yelena's fucking crazy, but at least she knows when to headshot somebody.
I wish that had better direction. It felt slow enough where it didn't even catch you off guard when it happened and it felt really "weak". Eren pinching Armin had a million times more oomf behind it.

A small misstep in an otherwise well directed episode.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh and there it ends. Brutal cliffhanger. 9 months, huh. It doesn't sound too bad. I can wait.
I haven't been spoiled on anything yet and I'm confident I won't be in the future either.

I absolutely 100% think Zeke's and Eren's plans do not align. It will be very interesting to see how this whole thing ends. Looking forward to it.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish that had better direction. It felt slow enough where it didn't even catch you off guard when it happened and it felt really "weak". Eren pinching Armin had a million times more oomf behind it.

A small misstep in an otherwise well directed episode.
Didn't seem that bad to be honest, granted they kind of can't do a panel for panel recreation of that scene. The whole thing seemed like it's there to twist the knife into Nicolo. At most it got dragged out for a scene.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
I wish that had better direction. It felt slow enough where it didn't even catch you off guard when it happened and it felt really "weak".
To be fair, I'm not sure you could actually be caught off-guard in scenes like that when the subtitles make it clear the character is going to be abruptly interrup

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Perfect note to land on for the season finale. Some of ya'll were not around for the "break" between S1 and S2 if you survived that everything else is light work. That said as an anime only fan I am going back to blocking most AOT names on my apps.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they use 2D titans like they used this episode. Solid animation towards the end, I hope that quality continues for next part.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Manga converts, welcome, bring your impressions to the manga thread (spoiler tag em just to be safe, of course)

Anime holdouts, I wish you the best of luck, stay strong

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn what a cliffhanger, bout to go read the manga right n-

Oh right. 😒

If only I could erase my memory and do it all over again lol. Idk how y'all anime only folk can do it for an anime of this scale in terms of avoiding spoilers, not to mention the final chapter happening in mere weeks... Couldn't be me. Godspeed to all of ya

Hello.

Jan 20, 2020
For those curious: yes, the Titans were actually 2D in this episode! It was quite nice to see.

Jojo Leir

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was a great ride, what an incredible series. I'll see y'all in the manga thread, no way I can manage the wait until December.

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I honestly don't know who to root for anymore. Outside of Levi of course, but who even knows if he's still alive.

This episode hints that Eren might not be exactly eye to eye with Zeke, but that begs the question wtf is he after? And even if that's the case, he's still done, and is responsible for terrible terrible things.

Zeke's sterilization plan has good intentions but the idea of deciding the fate of an entire people to eventually die off is wrong.

The Marleyans are full of trash and brainwashed trash that only wants to take over Paradis to remain a dominant superpower and take the heat off all their crimes against other nations.

That leaves the secondary characters that are imprisoned, but we don't have any clue what they're plan would be as even they dont know yet. All this info is new to them.

Very entertaining episode though overall. I hate how Zeke is conveniently kept alive. I hope Levi isn't dead. Was great to see Pieck have some sort of self awareness when it comes to the fate of her people, even though she threw it in the trash in the end, along with Gabi's character development. And the impending attack from Marley is a great cliffhanger.

This is dark, complicated, impending end of the world type material and it's been very well done this season.

Last edited:

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
One thing I find really cool, is that it seems like Pieck and co. Arent doing it for "Marley" per say but seem to be doing their attack for revenge and to stop Eren in general.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Damn what a cliffhanger, bout to go read the manga right n-

Oh right. 😒

If only I could erase my memory and do it all over again lol. Idk how y'all anime only folk can do it for an anime of this scale in terms of avoiding spoilers, not to mention the final chapter happening in mere weeks... Couldn't be me. Godspeed to all of ya
I still don't know shit about the Last of Us 2 and a few weeks ago it was Code Geass and Steins Gate.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Has someone done a gif of the moment where Yelena opens the door and the light goes across his face? It was such a cool directing choice, and felt symbolic.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
the only good thing about this season is the possibility of them explaining why mikasa is so boring

kind of a weak way to end the season. when it ended i could only think "okay i guess"

i might read the manga just so i don't lose interest over the next 9 months and i'll be sure to fuck off from this thread like manga readers should

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to see Eren fight, they still haven't showed if he has that hammer titan's powers or not. Tempted to read the manga but I don't think it's gonna be half as epic as watching it unfold in the anime.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
You saw his eyes at the end that he had the Hammer titan.
ExmNrK8VgAIpQdK

You mean here? I thought the no pupils in the eyes was an artistic choice to show animalistic rage or something. Guess not.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
So that Titan putting Zeke in his stomach means Zeke's still alive right? Was hoping he'd get eaten for real. If only so the military could be free of the threat of Zeke's scream, and somebody could fucking punch Floch in the face. Like Hange. Or Pixis. Or Hange and Pixis, taking turns. Man, fuck Floch.

UltraInstinct

Nov 19, 2017
For those who are jumping in to the manga now, how long have you been watching the show manga-free? I thought about it, but I just can't do it. Been watching since 2013 and I didn't budge despite the 4 year gap between season 1 and 2 (it probably made more sense to do so back then). We're so close to the finish line now, what's another 9 months when we've waited more than several years for this point :)

No thanks to Youtubes algorithm a few manga panels here and there have been plastered on thumbnails spoiling some scenes for me, but they're without context, so I'm still not going to budge and just be extra careful going forward.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
To those uncertain about reading the manga, I'd suggest reading from e.g. chapter 86 (Basement Reveal) or 91 (Begin of Marley Arc) onwards. That way you can re-experience some of the best bits which also contain a decent chunk of additional information that got cut from the anime and get used to reading (the) manga. For those who rarely or never read manga it'll likely take some getting used to. It'll be better when you are accustomed to and can appreciate the 'craft' by the time you get to Chapter 115.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I want to jump into the manga for the ending. I've waited this long, especially the break after that huge teaser at the end of 3A. I think I'll rewatch the series from the start and since I'll probably watch 1-2 eps depending on the week, I should be caught up by the time the second half starts.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
^ Good advice from NaDannMaGoGo.

Honestly, idk how some of you can control yourselves, I've jumped into manga during the female titan arc because I couldn't wait a week for the next episode.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Well, good episode, shitty cliffhanger. Now it is time to wait. Not gonna read the manga since I did hold out till now.

neferteetee

Oct 28, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Been a lurker for a long time. I haven't read the manga and I'm going to hold out for the anime to finish but oh man am I so hyped. I've been telling so many people to give this show a watch and I've been slightly successful (these are people that do not watch anime).
I bought that Humble Bundle and I'll read that but I want to finish with the anime because it's so damn good!

iamcool388

Nov 3, 2017
I'm

Just remember that MAPPA is one of the largest animation studios in Japan. AOT was made of staff who weren't doing anything at the moment and they're already working working on it per the tweet I posted a page ago.

But yeah, MAPPA stays stacked. They have:

Zombieland Saga S2 next month
Some ecchi looking thing for Summer
The Jujutsu Kaisen Movie and AoT for Winter
A Volleyball anime generally scheduled for 2021

And for the time being Chainsaw Man and the Yuri on Ice film aren't dated.

They're definitely doing a lot, but that's only because they just have that much staff to work with.
Is the Volleyball anime Haikyuu??!!! Can't wait for the next season!

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
My week feels so empty with Jujutsu Kaisen AOT. MHA is not going to fill that void at all.
That's me word for word. The first episode of season 5 was mostly filler and recaps, how do you start off a season like that? Goddamn I miss AoT/JJK already.
I really hope the last part does something with sassageyo.. The OP didn't click for me for some reason
I absolutely HATED My War on the first listen

Fast forward a few weeks and it's stuck in my head on the regular