• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Attack on Titan Final Season Part 3 Final Arc First Half is scheduled to air on NHK General on March 4 at 12:25 AM Japan time with Yuichiro Hayashi returning to direct the next part at MAPPA. The second part is scheduled for sometime in 2023.
Love that title, Tetsuya Nomura would be proud.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Here's the intresting thing

Unless they severly strech things out - 12 episodes will be more then enough to cover everything.So my guess is that it will be 6+6 or stuff is getting severly expanded..or Part 2 will be a Movie

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
We've been in The Final Season since 2020 and now even the supposed final part of the final season is split into two parts lol.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Man, some people get really mad about meaningless labels.

Unless they severly strech things out - 12 episodes will be more then enough to cover everything.So my guess is that it will be 6+6 or stuff is getting severly expanded..or Part 2 will be a Movie
It's just two TV specials. First one in March, second one later this year.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
How is this even supposed to work? There is not a lot of chapters left to cover.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Making it two specials makes sense.
So we're basically getting two movies without having to deal cinema distribution bullshit.

It's actually a good decision, aside from the silly naming that is lol.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Oh no, some people are.

they're just all pointing out the objectively stupid naming convention the "final season" has had. If anything, everyone's amused.
I mean... It's just going to be two long episodes instead of 10 or so regular ones. So, basically, people are going "lololol "Part 3 episode 1" how hilarious", which er... okay? The other parts also had several episodes, sooo...?

The Final Season Part 1 (16 episodes)
The Final Season Part 2 (12 episodes)
The Final Season Conclusion (2 TV specials)

Hardly mindbending.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Excited but I can't believe this is being split into 2 parts. There doesn't seem enough material to justify doing that unless they're really expanding on things.
Gonna be painful waiting probably 6 months for the second half too.
Part 1 coming a little later than I hoped too and I was anticipating the anime to actually end with this not get a bit closer ha.
Not exactly mad about the naming, but it is funny to see all these parts for a final season and kinda frustrating they've been vague about it, like we didn't know there'd be a part 2 until part 1 ended and same with part 3.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Making it two specials makes sense.
So we're basically getting two movies without having to deal cinema distribution bullshit.

It's actually a good decision, aside from the silly naming that is lol.
I mean i have a hunch Part 1 and 2 will end up being distrusted to cinema eventually

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I mean logically it makes sense

The final battle is going to be hell to animate so they will need as much time as possible to focus on it

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think that twitter account is intentionally making it dumber than it sounds. It sounds like part 3 will just be two feature length episodes.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I mean i have a hunch Part 1 and 2 will end up being distrusted to cinema eventually
It's fine if they do that (I wouldn't be surprised if they screen the special broadcast in some cinema at the same time) as long as it's coming out on TV first and the deal with streaming services allow them to simulcast it. Main issue with anime movie is that international release takes way too long and some places won't ever get it.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
I mean... It's just going to be two long episodes instead of 10 or so regular ones. So, basically, people are going "lololol "Part 3 episode 1" how hilarious", which er... okay? The other parts also had several episodes, sooo...?

Hardly mindbending.
No-one is confused either. They're going "lol" because it's hilarious.

The "mindbending" part is the creative decision to name what, due to the time gaps between publication, are essentially two separate seasons plus a couple of specials "the final season".

I'm looking forward to this and I'm not confused by any of it and I'm not mad. But I can be honest and say it's dumb.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

Hardly mindbending.

Can you explain it again? I'm having a hard time understanding this masterclass in naming conventions.