• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

The Attack on Titan manga is marching towards its conclusion as Hajime Isayama begins writing the final arc.

TBS launched a teaser video for the newest Jounetsu Tairiku weekly program, which will talk about Attack on Titan. Isayama will make an appearance, which will include news about the manga's final arc.

Isayama and his editor Shintarou Kawakubo have publically laid-out the manga's roadmap in the past. In 2014, they both stated that Attack on Titan would end in three to four years, making the beginning of the final arc in line with their predictions.

Isayama hasn't hinted to what his post-Attack on Titan career will look like. His output since 2006 has all been related to the hit series, but he did write a one-shot titled The Killing Pawn in 2014.

Honestly i am expecting that Attack on Titan would be ending soon and i hope it sticks the landing because the last year or so of the Attack on Titan Manga is top notch. All i hope is that it will end well.

https://goboiano.com/attack-on-titan-manga-is-entering-its-final-arc/

Note: Can a Mod change the Title to Attack on Titan Manga Will Be Entering It's Final Arc

Nauro

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Not looking forward to it finishing but hope Isayama has something good planned for us. Love this manga too much.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really going to miss the manga. It's so so good. I look forward to it at the start of every month.

Can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

Can someone spoil me what's in the basement?
The shocking truth of the world they live in.
Seriously, it's Grisha's diaries detailing the world outside the walls.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Only watch the show, but I'll say this: I respect anyone who has a successful series that has an endpoint in mind.

I'm enjoying where the show is going, hopeully it sticks the landing.

All Fiction

Banned
Aug 30, 2018

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped reading the Manga during

The future part. When Eren shows up after timeskip for the first time

Is it worth continuing? Might as well wait for it to finish.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen the show (much later after its release) and I have to say, it's a fucking strange macabre kinda masterpiece? I really can't wait to see its conclusion, it has an extremely foreboding nature I don't think I've encountered much in fiction. Maybe it's because soooooooo many characters die along the way? Or the fact that stakes are forever rising?

Either way, I cannot wait to see what lies at the end of the flesh rainbow.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, i will finally read the ending of one of my current favorite mangas in my lifetime.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the first two seasons of the anime, then got impatient and read the mangas and immediately lost interest when the story shifts. Reminds me of how The Walking Dead also changed in the later seasons and got awful.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really need to get back to reading this. I stopped after the

Timeskip and the backstory of the Eldians

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't kept up with it since last year, but I have nothing but praise for what I read of the Marley arc. It was of exceptional quality.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh, I didn't think the latest chapter was anything good. The direction the story has taken really doesn't make sense to me but maybe the monthly release of the manga hurts the retention of the prior chapters in my mind. All I care about now since the story has taken a nose dive is what will happen to
Annie.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Reading the last page of the last chapter,

giphy.gif

I've been saying it (I think in the manga thread as well) that this series either needs to end in this current arc or the one after it. No fat, just the juicy bits. Isayama confirming this doesn't disappoint at all. If this arc manages to be to be as good as the last 2 arcs, damn are we in for a killer finale. Eren has to be one of the goat protagonists. :o

Can someone spoil me what's in the basement?
This is worth reading/ or not getting spoiled and watching. It completely changes the tone and world building of the series. It would be a real shame to have something so awesome tldr'd to you. For me, the last two arcs are the best in the entire series, and this arc that's just early on is also amazing. As someone said, shit is about go down soon.
So who bets Eren will die?
at this point, it's a plot twist if he survives and lives happy
It's still among the top sellers of any given year for the past few years. The manga itself didn't lose all that much steam in Japan.
Pretty sure it's been 2nd after OP every single year since season 1 came out.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Reading the last page of the last chapter,

giphy.gif

I've been saying it (I think in the manga thread as well) that this series either needs to end in this current arc or the one after it. No fat, just the juicy bits. Isayama confirming this doesn't disappoint at all. If this arc manages to be to be as good as the last 2 arcs, damn are we in for a killer finale. Eren has to be one of the goat protagonists. :o

This is worth reading/ or not getting spoiled and watching. It completely changes the tone and world building of the series. It would be a real shame to have something so awesome tldr'd to you. For me, the last two arcs are the best in the entire series, and this arc that's just early on is also amazing. As someone said, shit is about go down soon.

At this point, it's a plot twist if he survives and lives happy

He has a 3 year time-limit and i doubt he will die in a bed. Eren going out through battle would fit the current story.

Also here is a great Youtube video on Eren

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I stopped reading the Manga during

The future part. When Eren shows up after timeskip for the first time

Is it worth continuing? Might as well wait for it to finish.
Did you keep reading to see the shit he does?
or just stop at his introduction?
He has a 3 year time-limit and i doubt he will die in a bed. Eren going out through battle would fit the current story.

Also here is a great Youtube video on Eren

Yee, I've seen that video. He makes good content.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Yeah the anime lost a lot of steam but the manga is still doing very well in Japan.

And yeah the manga's great since
Eren's return.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the brand will revitalize with the western movie adaptation.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Manga spoiler and my theory:
Currently I think currently Eren is aiming to collect all the Titan to recreate the Founding Titan as a measure to stop Eldian being prosecuted by the world -- thus saving his friends.
He'll succeed in the end but then Founding Titan power turns out to fuck with space time, giving power Ymir Fritz (the first Titan in existance).

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
So is the anime going to be able to wrap the series up with a season 4?

Depends how long the manga and that season are still going to be. There's already enough material for a 12 episodes season (in addition to the 12 we're getting next year), and we don't know how long the conclusion is going to take. But I think at this point is likely they'll be able to finish the series in a 24 episode season 4.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So ready. Been reading since season one. Loved the most recent chapter. It's gonna be amazing

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
oh damn, to be honest I'm pretty disappointing but he probably can't go long with his story, hope his next manga will be as successful.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, a popular (shonen) manga that actually has the wisdom to end before its 5000th chapter. I might actually give this a read at some point.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Manga Author: "My manga is entering its FINAL ARC"

*SIX YEARS LATER*.........

In all seriousness, here's hoping it works out well. I don't read the manga but I've been enjoying the anime. It really picked up after the rocky first season.