• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And we have the worst opening of the show so far.

I was so fucking hyped when at AX they talked about X Japan doing the OP.

No X Japan, no bombastic power metal. :(
So is this not that band or is it the band but not in their style? Sorry I didn't catch the band name when watching it.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bla_1532282400.png
for new page

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So is this not that band or is it the band but not in their style? Sorry I didn't catch the band name when watching it.
The song is from Yoshiki, who is the drummer and main songwriter from X Japan, and he co-operated on that song with HYDE from L'Arc-en-Ciel. So, that's not an X Japan song. And it's not really in their classic style, no. They have some slower, melodic tracks, but this sounds nothing like X Japan. It was initially reported after AX that the song would be from X Japan, so I thought that they got another great power metal group as a subsitute for Linked Horizon.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The song is from Yoshiki, who is the drummer and main songwriter from X Japan, and he co-operated on that song with HYDE from L'Arc-en-Ciel. So, that's not an X Japan song. And it's not really in their classic style, no. They have some slower, melodic tracks, but this sounds nothing like X Japan. It was initially reported after AX that the song would be from X Japan, so I thought that they got another great power metal group as a subsitute for Linked Horizon.
Ah interesting. That's unfortunate they didn't explain it better. Thanks.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
lets go! just finished watching the last few episodes of season 2 as a recap before season 3. so hyped!

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the new ending is. Nothing can top last seasons terrifying ED sequence though.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
There is this special feeling you have that encompasses another musician/group coming in and stepping into revo's shoes and the utter apathy you feel towards their attempt.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to see all those titans from the season 2 OP turn up in S3. T-Rex titan. Giraffe Titan. Alligator Titan.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
New OP is terrible. How do you go from Guren no yumiya to that. Time to go back to chapter 58 to refresh my memory.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Ahhh that cliffhanger.
Next week will be hype.

The OP song was bad...but I liked the visuals shown in the OP sequence at least.
I was reminded again that I really appreciate the dynamic between all the main cast, it's engaging to watch.

Poor Armin :(

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The OP isn't terrible, but compared to the previous ones, it's not great. Feels disjointed, and it's more emotional than bombastic (which might be more fitting for this upcoming season, I dunno). I will have no qualms skipping it in the future instead of feeling compelled to always watch it, which is a negative.

The episode itself was alright. Nothing awesome after the great finale of the previous season. I don't know if I'm actually into the focus of human vs. human here; we'll see how it goes. And damn, they killed Nifa off.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
The OP was... unexpected, but I'm cool with it. One thing about anime, it's hard to really predict what a new OP will be like.

The only way it makes sense I guess is if it ties into what this season is going to be.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
It's really not about it being emotional it's just arguably less interesting compared to most of what revo does. Revo did a couple of emotional tracks for bravely default that still had unique spins on them.

Not that I'm going to argue too hard since music is so insanely subjective but I think it's not wrong to say that Revo is very distinctive with what he does in general and yeah I also wouldn't argue that bombastic energy is especially one of his strong suits.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Damn Armin got a shitty job to do...

Anyways decent start to the season, this Kenny ANBU squad looks fierce as fuck

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
S3 OP putting everyone to sleep just in time for the most boring part of the story.

Dropping Revo is a tradegy.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
[Attack on Titan S3] - 1

The OP for this season is unfortunately quite bad. I understand the idea behind it in principle, but the execution is lacking, most notably in the editing department. Due to the ineffective editing the OP has no real rhythm or flow and just ends up feeling like a misfire. I also think that conceptually, the ideas they're trying to put across here would serve far, far better as an ED where the audience can collect their thoughts and reflect on the events they've seen. The OP for a serious like Attack On Titan needs some energy and fire to it, which this sorely lacks.

As for the episode itself, it was fine. It looks like they're going to be compressing/rewriting the manga somewhat which is a good idea considering this arc really drags in the original version. However, as a result of this compression it does feel like we're moving from scene to scene at such a rapid clip that any sense of tone, place or atmosphere is lost. Hopefully the following episodes will be more even.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Kenny & co. coming in hard as fuck, whew.

So glad to have this series to look forward to every weekend again.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting episode, looking
forward on how Levi grew up with Kenny.

OP is alright, doesn't match the visuals in my opinion and felt out of place. Strange feeling to see a calm music in AOT opening when you're so used to the epic loud music it puts out in past seasons.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
The opening is fine. Not as great as the older ones but it was good in its own way.

Episode itself, Nifa; she only lasted one episode. Slow start but the ending keeps me hyped for the next episode. That said, poor Armin.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, season 2 started on April 1 of 2017? If you had asked me when it aired, I would've guessed 6 months ago or something. Time sure does fly by.

Anyway, super hyped for this season even though this arc isn't the best.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The opening is fine. Not as great as the older ones but it was good in its own way.

Episode itself, Nifa; she only lasted one episode. Slow start but the ending keeps me hyped for the next episode. That said, poor Armin.
She was an established character who was there before. Unless you mean she only lasted one episode of the new season, which yeah... It's too bad, I liked her look.

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Good start to the season, the next episode should be amazing.
Though the opening is a big departure from the previous ones, I quite like it.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As far as anime OPs go, the new one is quite good. However, I just feel like Attack On Titan has always been about the high intensity OPs and this one's not really going for that at all, so it feels out of place.

Regarding the content of the episode, man if we get to the fucking ocean before we get to the basement I'm going to be pissed lol.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As far as anime OPs go, the new one is quite good. However, I just feel like Attack On Titan has always been about the high intensity OPs and this one's not really going for that at all, so it feels out of place.

Regarding the content of the episode, man if we get to the fucking ocean before we get to the basement I'm going to be pissed lol.

Lol why not both! But anyways logically that would have to happen, since we know the ocean is not within the walls but Eren's old house with the basement is. So if they've made it outside the walls by the end of the season they will have made it past the basement.