• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
How come? Kenny's grandpa clearly said in the flashback episode that the Ackerman clan and the Asian clan are the two cland to go against the first king
That doesn't mean they're a different race, just a particular lineage. Only Mikasa's maternal line is confirmed to be another race.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
That doesn't mean they're a different race, just a particular lineage. Only Mikasa's maternal line is confirmed to be another race.
I think the concept of race has been lost to them because the majority are Caucasians. There are no black or brown people at all, are there? The Asians seem to have become extinct after Mikasa's mother died.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
While this probably doesn't need to be stated... uh... don't google any of this stuff.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I think the concept of race has been lost to them because the majority are Caucasians. There are no black or brown people at all, are there? The Asians seem to have become extinct after Mikasa's mother died.

I mean the anime specifically makes the mention of "Asian race" and since just about nothing is ever inconsequential in AoT (glances at Keith Shadis) you can assume that the concept of race is somewhat known to them at least. Ackermann's don't seem to have any immediately distinct features that would indicate a different race.

Oct 25, 2017
Sasha chomping on a potato as Pixys is holding Connie by his head is hilarious. Dude was like, "No this woman didn't just disrespect me like this." Wait that's not Pixys that's Shaddes.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Doing a rewatch and Eren doing this is still hype as fuck.
latest

Oct 25, 2017
why do you say that?
His impacts don't feel as visceral or something. Granted the last thing I remember him doing in that form was fighing Reiner, which he technically won, the show just hasn't shown off the power of that form lately. I already know if he's fighting Beast Titan Eren is taking the L in that fight.

Armin strutting out of all of that smoke to give that speech to save Eren and Mikasa is bad ass.
Pixis: "Look at that kids salute...it's simply incandescent."

Last edited:

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and it also reminds me how spoiled we were in terms of animation quality.
I believe you have some rose-colored glasses on if you genuinely believe that original series of AOT has great animation, or even a decent production. It was largely a incoherent mess, episodes even aired with the colour work unfinished (I remember one action scene where all the debris was pink in a few shots because they hadn't finished painting it). Not to mention all the stills with audio played over the top...

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
His impacts don't feel as visceral or something. Granted the last thing I remember him doing in that form was fighing Reiner, which he technically won, the show just hasn't shown off the power of that form lately. I already know if he's fighting Beast Titan Eren is taking the L in that fight.

Armin strutting out of all of that smoke to give that speech to save Eren and Mikasa is bad ass.
Pixis: "Look at that kids salute...it's simply incandescent."
I think it's easier to show impact vs a basic bitch Titan than it is vs the guy who has the strongest defense from human TItans

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's easier to show impact vs a basic bitch Titan than it is vs the guy who has the strongest defense from human TItans
True enough, that and you can't easily smack around the Annie Titan either, her CQC is too good. I'm pretty sure I'll realize more of what happened as I rewatch it, which I'm really appreciating actually. I like Mikasa more in the first season so far than I remember liking her in the more recent seasons. On top of this Levi actually seems a lot nicer in his intro than I remember him being, dude's not a bad guy, wish we got more of him teasing Hange.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rewatching this and Levi has like no malice towards Mikasa yet she maintains this petty ass grudge towards him. That woman has issues. Levi is just this level headed, but strict cool dude. Based on the season 3 teaser I can already tell Eren and Mikasa did some dumb shit to get a lot of people killed. Mikasa thought she was the shit and could kill Annie only for her to fall for a feint and have to be saved by Levi which twists his ankle.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe she doesn't like him because of how he treats Eren... basically like a pet he often abuses.

Oct 25, 2017
Mikasa is simply possessive/ fixated on Eren and feels challenged by Levi when it comes to him.
Both Eren and Mikasa are alive thanks to Levi. She sees things too one sided and it really makes her dumb as a character. No wonder why Armin is my favorite out of that trio. I like Mikasa in parts, but she does get a bit annoying with her Eren love/lust/friendship or whatever.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if Levi didn't do that Mikasa would've witnessed first hand Eren getting shot to death in court.
I'm not saying Mikasa's grudge towards him is deserved, just that I can see why she might not like his methods even though she clearly respects the chain of command.

.. which is why she was totally fine with the Queen letting the Captain have it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying Mikasa's grudge towards him is deserved, just that I can see why she might not like his methods even though she clearly respects the chain of command.

.. which is why she was totally fine with the Queen letting the Captain have it.
Even the scene of Kween Historia punching Levi just shows that short dude has a soft spot for them. Also regarding Levi's methods he's alive for a reason, dude's seen probably too much shit, but still puts his ass on the line for humanity and his team. His methods are a bit fucked at times, but he's earned the respect of Hange and Erwin for a reason.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Even the scene of Kween Historia punching Levi just shows that short dude has a soft spot for them. Also regarding Levi's methods he's alive for a reason, dude's seen probably too much shit, but still puts his ass on the line for humanity and his team. His methods are a bit fucked at times, but he's earned the respect of Hange and Erwin for a reason.

I'm not sure you picked up on the weird thing about the ackermans yet. The ackermans have captain america super powers but also they have devotion to someone of their own choosing. Levi chose Erwin, Kenny chose his royal blood friend, and Mikasa chose Eren.

Its a continual quirk of the Ackermans that are normal for the most part but are unreasonable about things that got against their chosen person, its why Mikasa still doesn't like Levi, Levi hurt Eren multiple times mercilessly and she has an urge to protect her liege and hurt whoever moved against them.

It's why it makes me wonder what it was like when there was a large family of Ackermans running around. Just imagine a bunch of Captain America's devoted to a single person each and the conflicts that would breed in the family itself.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure you picked up on the weird thing about the ackermans yet. The ackermans have captain america super powers but also they have devotion to someone of their own choosing. Levi chose Erwin, Kenny chose his royal blood friend, and Mikasa chose Eren.

Its a continual quirk of the Ackermans that are normal for the most part but are unreasonable about things that got against their chosen person, its why Mikasa still doesn't like Levi, Levi hurt Eren multiple times mercilessly and she has an urge to protect her liege and hurt whoever moved against them.

It's why it makes me wonder what it was like when there was a large family of Ackermans running around. Just imagine a bunch of Captain America's devoted to a single person each and the conflicts that would breed in the family itself.
When you mention that part it makes sense, though Levi isn't that much of a blind dumbass with Erwin the way Mikasa is with Eren, granted we don't know what Erwin goes through with Levi. Maybe Levi just straight up cock blocks the shit out of all of Erwin's potential dates.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017

I think the posessiveness is just a parallel more than anything. Mikasa was traumatized as a kid and even was the one who gave her the scarf and told her it would be alright.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017

Put some respect on that name, his name is Uri

Oct 25, 2017
Best thing about season one is Armin of all people figuring out who the female titan was. Really just seems like Armin, Levi, Erwin and Hange are the smartest people in this show.

Oct 25, 2017
For speculation purposes is the Beast Titans ability to turn people into titans? There was never a hole kicked into one of the walls and there's a ton of titans running around under his control. The stuff that happened at Connie's village pretty much just implies that these were normal people turned into titans. You know...Reiner squatting a Titan on his back is kind of sort of bullshit shifter or not.

Last edited:

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody let me know if the answer is a spoiler, but is the Beast Titans ability to turn people into titans? There was never a hole kicked into one of the walls and there's a ton of titans running around under his control. The stuff that happened at Connie's village pretty much just implies that these were normal people turned into titans. You know...Reiner squatting a Titan on his back is kind of sort of bullshit shifter or not.
Maybe just frame this as a speculative question, then let it be a discussion that manga readers don't even have to touch.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Best thing about season one is Armin of all people figuring out who the female titan was. Really just seems like Armin, Levi, Erwin and Hange are the smartest people in this show.
Levi is observant, but I wouldn't put him in the same tier as those 3. I think both Erwin and Armin are smarter than Hange, even though she can hold her own.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Levi is observant, but I wouldn't put him in the same tier as those 3. I think both Erwin and Armin are smarter than Hange, even though she can hold her own.
I think Hange is a different kind of smart. Erwin and Armin are incredible tacticians where as Hange is really good with deductions, which the other two can do better than her.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Armin and Erwin are in tier of their own. Hange is the closest thing they have to a scientist, so she's that kind of smart.

Oct 25, 2017
Levi is street smart, Erwin and Armin are battle plan smart and Hange is a science nut. They all have the needed intelligence in certain scenarios to keep themselves and others alive. Though Hange sort of proved she really shouldn't be on the battlefield though. Her sense of self preservation isn't really too high on the scale.