• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
3c15f3a318a1041b308d92061bd22b97.png
Part 1
bcQFwHsimK3V6ymkKtPa9X3uYDIzHiW6-HdMjhtvaH1mVhmnMARRw60zDlt4ci3Z3YO8HL_L_ZCbbY9wjqUG3kpsfdZyv-jZzhsgdM8fje6eMWFwKEotSn8r2G6Z3jA34UBpvTcR

wYfVFL7NrvsgsUyWrN1BNQF-99_puvjsrPP5T6cMCGHd82Gx1Pv7zzCMDGLwwM4EoD4y5OrRfu9HF8TZX_dWJ-NPG6L6Lr6nrIdCuP8iBL6E8_9e-X6e2x9ZczLljtbHLTIKZ4TI

Synopsis
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by enclosing themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Season 3
After recovering Eren and Historia, the recruits are put under the care of Levi. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere, Hange subjects Eren to a series of experiments in an attempt to find out more about his ability. But when their link to the secrets behind the wall is murdered, the squad must move out and find a new refuge. Except, a figure from Levi's past has his own plans to stop them.

Broadcast and Streaming

Japan: July 22 at 24:35 (effectively July 23 at 12:45 a.m.) on NHK

Simulcast: July 22 7 pm BST/ 11 am PST on Crunchyroll, Funimation,Hulu, AnimeLab(AUS), Wakanime(FR/BE)

English dub: August 18 on Toonami.

Trailer

English dub trailer

Opening Theme: "Red Swan" by YOSHIKI feat. HYDE
Ending Theme: "Akatsuki no Chinkonka" (Daybreak Requiem) by Linked Horizon

yw2yaxFeY6Ynu3MCGE-0EmVq_OBbyatOxftHE1uz4eZHz3rpIkqB7DrIw2NA4FnnjVU6vvKjsyveo4AuAu-LMTKgPv_6ySi-Uz2E8yDuyKq1TqJ3BoG39A-UWl1Jf3fNS99bsNRq

Part 2
D3yubsuUwAY6AJw

Season 3 part 2
The battle to retake Wall Maria begins now! With Eren's new hardening ability, the Scouts are confident they can seal the wall and take back Shiganshina District. If they succeed, Eren can finally unlock the secrets of the basement—and the world. But danger lies in wait as Reiner, Bertholdt, and the Beast Titan have plans of their own. Could this be humanity's final battle for survival?

Broadcast and Streaming

Japan: April 28 at 24:10 (effectively April 29 at 12:10 a.m.) on NHK

English Simulcast(US,Canada, UK, Aus): 5:45pm PST/7:45pm CT/8:45pm EST/ 1:45am GMT(Monday)
Non-English Simulcast(France, Russia, Asia): 7:35 pm CEST

Streaming services: Crunchyroll, Funimation, Hulu, AnimeLab(AUS), Wakanime(FR/BE/Nordic) aod

English dub: May 25 on Toonami, May 26 on Funimation.

Trailer
SPOILER WARNING!!

Opening Theme: Linked Horizon

Ending Theme: Cinema Staff

Staff

Chief Director: Tetsuro Araki
Director: Masashi Koizuka
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
Original creator: Hajime Isayama
Character Design: Kyoji Asano
Chief Animation Director:Kyoji Asano Satoshi Kadowaki
Assistant Director: Hiroyuki Tanaka (p1) Tetsuya Wakano (p2)
Action Animation Director: Arifumi Imai / Takanori Hashimoto / Takuma Ebisu / Tatsuya Miki

Cast (JP/ENG)

Eren Jaeger: Yuuki Kaji / Bryce Papenbrook
Historia Reiss: Shiori Mikami / Bryn Apprill
Armin Arlelt: Marina Inoue / Josh Grelle
Levi: Hiroshi Kamiya / Matthew Mercer
Mikasa Ackerman: Yui Ishikawa / Trina Nishimura
Sasha Braus: Yu Kobayashi / Ashly Burch
Conny Springer: Hiro Shimono / Clifford Chapin
Bertholdt Hoover: Tomohisa Hashizume / David Matranga
Erwin Smith: Daisuke Ono / J. Michael Tatum
Beast Titan: Takehito Koyasu / Jason Liebrecht
Hange Zoë: Romi Park / Jessica Calvello
Rod Reiss: Yūsaku Yara / Kenny Green
Jean Kirschtein: Kishō Taniyama / Mike McFarland
Kenny: Kazuhiro Yamaji / Phil Parsons
Dot Pyxis: Masahiko Tanaka / R Bruce Elliott
Reiner Braun: Yoshimasa Hosoya / Robert McCollum
Dhalis Zachary: Hideaki Tezuka / John Swasey
Pastor Nick: Tomohisa Asou / Francis Henry

FAQ

When will Attack on Titan return?

Episode 49(12) was the last episode of part 1 of season 3. Part 2 of Season 3 will return in 28th April 2019 with episode 50(13). Part 2 will be 10 episodes long ending with 59.

What chapters might this season adapt?
Volume 13-22,
Part 1 and 2 of the season 3 manga box set is available to pre-order.

Can I discuss the manga here?
- There are most likely many anime only viewers here so please be considerate and keep manga discussion in the manga thread. No hinting or teasing future events!!!!
- Manga readers, please do NOT participate with any theorising!!
- Double check if you're in the correct thread before posting!!

I think I read a spoiler online?

If you don't want to be spoiled I strongly suggest not going to the wiki, avoid searching for any characters online, don't watch the trailer particularly the trailer for the video game!!!!

What chapter comes after part 1?
Chapter 73(vol18)

YouSeeBIGGIRL/T:T ?
Yes

Links

Manga Thread <---- Go here to discuss manga
Official Website

Credit to Dynedom for OT title 1 "Cival War"
Credit to nDesh for OT title 2 "We're in the perfect game now"

hyOSYnc.gif

Last edited:

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Good OT.

I think you should limit it to no manga talk whatsoever though. Season 2 OT had a bit of an issue with this

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
This season will be nuts.

It's basically one of the biggest animated series of this year and the only one who can go toe to toe in popularity against BHA.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Good OT.

I think you should limit it to no manga talk whatsoever though. Season 2 OT had a bit of an issue with this
to expand on this I think it would be great to say that manga readers should not even hint at anyting or pretend they don't know what's going to happen and post a theory or something of the sort.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember this?!

One of the very best scenes in any anime ever.

As a non-manga reader I had no idea what was coming.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched the entirety of season 2 last night in preparation. Let's go.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile

Eren's mental breakdown at the season finale was one of the greatest anime scenes ever, period.

No words, just watch this, be thrilled.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Are they releasing the whole season at once or just one ep a week? I'd rather binge watch.

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Remember this?!

This scene is what had me sold on the series as something that was pretty cool but uneven to being a must-watch show.

So awesome that I got to experience the "WTF?" moment with everyone watching the simulcast.

It's was really fresh to have the reveal be dropped so nonchalantly and watch it escalate so quickly and intensely. I don't think I've ever seen a piece of media do something like that since usually there is a sort of build up to a crescendo, but this is like dropping a bombshell in a serene lake and watching how it disturbs everything.

dot

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
who the hell is kenny lmao

if i didn't know any better i would've said this was filler...

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

Eren's mental breakdown at the season finale was one of the greatest anime scenes ever, period.

No words, just watch this, be thrilled.

Oh man, the laughing that Eren does when he has a mental break really wrecked me the first time I saw the scene and even rewatching it now I forgot how emotional that scene was.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
This season is going to be a non stop rollercoaster is they actually managed to adapt the following 10 volumes which based on what they've shown in the theater preview they will must likely succeed.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Can i see this anywhere?
You could search on youtube for Season 3 theater recordings [if it hasn't been copyright claimed by now], but what I know comes from actual description from people I know who went to see it. Basically on top of showing the first episode of S3 they also showed a small montage of whats coming in the future. Without spoiling too much they show scenes which confirms that they are adapting 10 volumes.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Hulu putting in work!

I did not expect Season 2 to be so good since it was going to be so short, but it blew my expectations away.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
You could search on youtube for Season 3 theater recordings [if it hasn't been copyright claimed by now], but what I know comes from actually description from people I know who went to see it. Basically on top showing the first episode of S3 they also showed a small montage of whats coming. Without spoiling too much they show scenes that confirms that they are adapting 10 volumes.
Aah so hype. This season is going to be insane.

Season 2 was a massive step up from the first.

I can't wait for another god tier soundtrack.

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched the last episode of Season 2. Still incredible.
I had a pretty dramatic turn around with this show with S2. I liked S1 but never got anywhere near as hyped as some. S2 was one of my favourite anime last year and I hope they continue the trend.
Remember this?!

The tension from the start of the scene had me so on edge that I almost didn't believe the way they first revealed it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it is finally available in Latin America. Thanks Crunchy!

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Titan was the first anime I ever got around to watch over five years ago. So hyped for S3.

Veeeery disappointed by the fact the the OP is not from X Japan, as reported before. It's from Yoshiki, who is a music god in his own right, but going the softer route instead of some good old japanese power metal... not feeling this.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, can't wait!! I saw the premiere of episode 1 in theaters and it was great, but I want to see it subbed now(it was dubbed in the theater I was at, and the dub is good, but I like the japanese voices a little more).