• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Floch is right though, Erwin is the one that deserved to live. Eren and Mikasa basically corrupted Levi's decision. Erwin was always ahead of the game, and was a great leader. Something Armin will never accomplish.
Erwin had accepted his fate and Levi knew that. When Eren laid out how many times Armin's tactics have turned the tide it made sense to me to choose Armin.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I hope the year long wait for season 4 is so WIT studio can come back and finish out the series. It would be really disappointing if the series ended with sub par art.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Great season.

Shame about the spoilers/hinting/leading. I've always thought the best way to handle things is to just have two separate threads (like the subreddit), but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'd sure like that final season to be my first OT on Era

Attack on Titan Season 4 |OT| Annie, are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok, Annie?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'd sure like that final season to be my first OT on Era

Attack on Titan Season 4 |OT| Annie, are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok, Annie?

It is kinda insane how she's been completely ignored since the end of S1 if you don't count flashbacks. Not asking for an entire episode dedicated to her, but at least like a quick cut or scene to give us something.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Honestly Floch deserved a punch to the face for saying that to Hitch. Sucks we didn't get to see more of Marlo, I liked the guy.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
What the hell was up with that scene where Eren has that shocked face after the flashback from kissing Historia's hands?

If the answer relates to future manga stuff, then i'll just head to that thread and ask there

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell was up with that scene where Eren has that shocked face after the flashback from kissing Historia's hands?

If the answer relates to future manga stuff, then i'll just head to that thread and ask there

It's when his dad goes to ask the Royal family for help. I always thought Grisha went with the intention of taking the Founding Titan but it seems like he actually just wanted help at first and when it was refused he took it.

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I thought that it was just that Eren got a vision, for the first time, into the complete truth of what his father was saying and what his motivations were when he killed Historia's sister.

It showed that he tried to appeal to the king at first, instead of just going on a rampage from the start.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Floch. No really idc, fuck him.

Loved the ending.

And by Floch I mean the manga readers who came here and started "suggesting" stuff that ruined an important surprise for some of us.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
gb0XnoR.jpg

Will we finally... be free?

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Uhh regarding Armin and Erwin, no one seems to be talking about the fact that Armin is more future-facing than Erwin. In fact Armin and his ideals/dream are the future. That was the real turning point for Levi's decision, when it flashed back to Levi hearing Armin talking about the sea. Erwin just had the basement and knowing the truth in mind, but Armin's trying to know more about the rest of the world on a different sort of level.

Basically Erwin is the old guard who's death means things can be better for the next generation.

Also as a side note, Armin is arguably a better person to make use of the Colossal Titan's powers if need be. Erwin is a commander so he's not going to be up in the front lines as a Titan. Or at least he shouldn't be. Armin has a quasi commanding role but it's not the same.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Eh, Floch deserves some slack. Dude is gonna have massive PTSD and major guilt the rest of his life thinking he doesn't deserve to live when the rest of his peers sacrificed their lives.
Does he really? Because Hitch came in good spirits and he just ruined her day. Yeah he been through hell and back but hitch probably thought that Marlo died as a hero, which he did. Still I hate that Floch survives and Marlo didn't. He was one of the most down to earth guys in the series.

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, I was crying during the credits. What an absolutely amazing season!

I didn't want it to end 😭

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So I know WIT is working on Vinland Saga right now...
Is there anything else that is in their pipeline that they have announced previously?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Annie's crystal can't be so tough that Eren's Titan can't bruteforce his way into it, right? During the whole year this episode time-skipped I feel like they could've tried to use the Colossus' heat to red heat her and then Eren armor punches it. Then again maybe that'd kill Annie, so who knows if they tried something already.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, i think I have an idea on the end game for this story and I can say that I think I will love it. The story of Punished Eren.

And it looks like the rest of the world has airplanes and tanks!!
Uhh regarding Armin and Erwin, no one seems to be talking about the fact that Armin is more future-facing than Erwin. In fact Armin and his ideals/dream are the future. That was the real turning point for Levi's decision, when it flashed back to Levi hearing Armin talking about the sea. Erwin just had the basement and knowing the truth in mind, but Armin's trying to know more about the rest of the world on a different sort of level.

Basically Erwin is the old guard who's death means things can be better for the next generation.

Also as a side note, Armin is arguably a better person to make use of the Colossal Titan's powers if need be. Erwin is a commander so he's not going to be up in the front lines as a Titan. Or at least he shouldn't be. Armin has a quasi commanding role but it's not the same.
Erwin likely knew this too and why he stopped Levi with his death arm slap.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Annie's crystal can't be so tough that Eren's Titan can't bruteforce his way into it, right? During the whole year this episode time-skipped I feel like they could've tried to use the Colossus' heat to red heat her and then Eren armor punches it. Then again maybe that'd kill Annie, so who knows if they tried something already.
Yea I thought about the same. Or maybe if the colossus would be able to crush it with its hand or stepping over it.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That ending was sublime, nearly had tears in my eyes from the bittersweetness of Eren's final lines. Season 3 truly delivered in astounding ways & it's great to have confirmation the show will be back in 2020!

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
They really switched up the character designs at the end there...like, it's not that they looked older, they were just drawn according to a totally different character model sheet, lol. Not necessarily worse, but amusingly different. Reminds me of watching Dragon Ball Kai where you can tell when multiple episodes were smashed together because one minute all the characters look fresh as hell and properly shaded, and the next they look all off-model and fucked up because some less skillful staffer took over.
There were a couple shots where Armin and Mikasa looked the same, but I think the show has generally done a good job at depicting all the characters ages in terms of appearance. Even in flashbacks to certain characters, you can roughly guess when it took place or how long ago it was by the character's appearance.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the Promised Neverland.

AOT S3 is certainly in my top contenders of anime this year but I think S1 of Promised Neverland is just as much a masterpiece if not moreso.
My perspective may be skewed because I saw it as someone who had read the manga beforehand, but there had been a fair amount of complaints regarding the middle of Promised Neverland's anime adaptation. They left some things out that were critical to the understanding of the mystery, and it was oddly paced at times with some odd creative liberties that weren't in the manga. But it had a real strong start and ending, so it was great, overall.

But I think AoT S3 tops it because it's not just something new on its own, but because it's the culmination of years of build-up and mystery. And it actually paid off and was executed very nicely. That seems to be a rare thing for long-running series, especially in anime, so it gains points for that.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did people like this episode? I'm a manga reader but I feel like nothing much happened and it was fairly wasted.

It felt like there was a lot of wasted time in the past three episodes.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the dub of Midnight Sun and I felt like it was disappointing and inconsistent compared to how hard that episode hits me while watching the original. The emotion in the voice acting in the original were pitch perfect and they really sell how difficult that decision is.

I've felt most of the dub has held up decently for all the most important scenes in the series so far, but this felt like a let down for me.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Did people like this episode? I'm a manga reader but I feel like nothing much happened and it was fairly wasted.

It felt like there was a lot of wasted time in the past three episodes.

I don't know how you could say the past few episodes had wasted time. Between the fight at the wall, the argument over who to revive and the revelations that completely recontextualize the series, it's makes sense to have a cool down episode at the end.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
He says it himself: he's a coward who shouldn't have joined the scouts. So despite that being the truth and his statements reflecting that perspective, it doesn't really make it great.
But it is an important perspective to have. Because for as long as the series has run, we have only seen suicidal blockheads in the Scouts.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how you could say the past few episodes had wasted time. Between the fight at the wall, the argument over who to revive and the revelations that completely recontextualize the series, it's makes sense to have a cool down episode at the end.
Yeah I was wrong about "last few episodes", but particularly this episode and the episode where they first reached the basement. 20% of it was good new interesting stuff, but 80% seems to be fluff.

What happened this episode? Floch says the same thing he said up on the wall, the people find out about the truth [consequences??], three-second clip of something Eren sees, and they reach the ocean (which was a given).

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Yeah im not sure really. Maybe they couod get her out but colossus feels like iy would just crush the shit out of her and they woukd get nothing out of her. No titan fluid because she would be a smear, and no information because she would be dead.

I would think they got her somewhere with a dude and some pickaxes just slowly working away trying to carve her out lol

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Glorious ending, if I may say so. Even knowing what would happen, the work done on these episodes was masterful.
It's just a shame some couldn't keep themselves from ruining the experience for others.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
But it is an important perspective to have. Because for as long as the series has run, we have only seen suicidal blockheads in the Scouts.
I agree. I think the juxtaposition between his wanting to kill the titan and Eren's compassion for it (as well as the rest of the scouts, really) factors into that, too. But it also factors into me thinking he's an asshole.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017