• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I saw all of season 1 years ago (when it was still premiering) and am going to now watch the remaining two seasons on Funimation.

Would you guys recommend dub or sub? I generally prefer dubs for Anime because it lets me focus on the animation so long as the dub isn't like mediocre.
Sub. Dub Eren is fucking horrible and dubbed Levi doesn't even feel like the same person. I have no idea what dubbed Hange sounds like.

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I saw all of season 1 years ago (when it was still premiering) and am going to now watch the remaining two seasons on Funimation.

Would you guys recommend dub or sub? I generally prefer dubs for Anime because it lets me focus on the animation so long as the dub isn't like mediocre.
While I slightly prefer the sub, you can't go wrong with the dub it is pretty good and it's far from mediocre.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dub is atrocious. Not like 90s bad/cringy anime dub atrocious, but by today's higher standards it's bad. Really dislike Eren's voice actor's voice and his acting. When he gets angry it sounds really phony. It's like a grown man trying to sound like an angry teenager. It's really off whereas it should feel natural. And both Levi and Hange's voices are very inferior compared to the Japanese VAs... Especially Hange. It's as if they picked the most generic female voice acting for her. Nothing memorable about her. Could be the voice of any female character on any show, whereas in the Japanese VA she's way more memorable in a great way.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I will say the dub is not THAT bad, it's certainly viable if you really dislike reading subs for anime, however the reason why I vastly prefer the sub for this is entirely due to Yuki Kaji's Eren over Paprenbrook which is a HUGE deal.

Kaji as Eren is freaking incredible and gave me chills during multiple moments, some of the best voice acting I probably ever heard in my life whereas Papenbrook's Eren just falls flat at the same scenes. The difference is so substantial I would recommend the sub off that alone.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Even the script for the dub can be pretty rubbish at times. A lot of more "edgy" dialogue/insults that have no place and even major errors like in s2e06 where someone gives away sth about Annie's Titan form or so when the scouts were specifically told to avoid mentioning her at all towards Reiner's and Bertholt's group.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer the original, but I have to admit that last Erwin speech was amazing in the dub version, like on par with the og imo.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Part 1 of Season 3. Wasn't that fussed by the political stuff. But it ramps up towards the end, and I was glad it got its groove back.

The Bluray mix was godawful at points.

I don't want to hype you up too much, but get ready for what's probably the best season of the whole series (Part 2 I mean), try not read anything.

Last edited:

ChimpBottle

Apr 6, 2018
J Michael Tatum is in general one of my favorite voice actors and he does Ann incredible job with Erwin, my favorite character.

Despite that, some of the voice acting (Eren) is so weak that the sub is probably preferable. I wish there was a way to get the best of both worlds

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Based on all the comments here, I'm going to try the dub first... it sounds like its at least "okay" and that worth the price of admission if it means I don't have to look down the whole time.

It sounds like the common weak point mentioned here is Eren's voice acting, but to be quite honest, I don't really remember liking his character in the first place. I find that type of shonen protagonist to be insufferable, but I did quite like the other characters.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eren is fine in english. Most of his problems come with the voice direction. They made him do a batman growl for certain scenes when he's angry and it sucks. Though for most emotional scenes, he does a pretty good job and they tone down the dumb voice in the latest season.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just got around watching part 2, big spoiler inside.

Erwin's death has to be one of the best in any medium

How can the next one be the final season btw? It feels like there is still much more and I'm not sure how they are gonna end it in one season.

Edit: just noticed the poll results, wtf? Shame on you Era.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Just got around watching part 2, big spoiler inside.

Erwin's death has to be one of the best in any medium

How can the next one be the final season btw? It feels like there is still much more and I'm not sure how they are gonna end it in one season.

Edit: just noticed the poll results, wtf? Shame on you Era.

It will be a ~26 episodes season.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute is the next season the final season?

Does that mean the manga is ending soon?I started reading a bit but then i didn't like the one month wait for a new chapter so i am waiting to be near the end if i started reading again.

Oct 27, 2017
According to the writer the manga is set to end in less than a year, with many speculating that it will end around chapter 130 (we are at 122 now). For reference, the anime ended on chapter 90.

Nov 8, 2017
Finished S3 part 1 and wow I am stoked for the next part and season 4! The wait sucks like all modern tv but sounds like it will be worth it. Not sure if I should just wait or get into the manga. Never read one before but might start here.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
bn_shingeki_tv_final.jpg

it seems that something is coming today or tomorrow

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Based on what exactly?
Two anime insiders said that something was happening today / tomorrow, implying announcement or trailer, and then the official site was updated with this banner.

Tetsuko Araki (S1-2 director) also followed the twitter account yesterday.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

SPY 🌈 on Twitter

“Attack On Titan Final season Confirmed by New Studio and it will still for Fall 2020 🌈🥳”

twitter.com

SPY 🌈 on Twitter

“Teaser + KV should follow soon as well 🌈🤔 https://t.co/GfzdJIQMWu”

Don't open the link if you are anime only, it's full of spoilers.

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt this is going to look bad. I always thought Production IG would take it over, but I'm pretty sure since the new studio is still in that family the assets and talent will be shared in some way.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Back in December or January, Isayama was talking about ending the serialization in 2020. It may have been a bit optimistic (he couldn't have predicted the pandemic, for instance), but I believe that gives us a good idea of how close to the end we are, at this point.
(I'm also thinking early 2021. 34 volumes?)

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
So far great news all around IF it is a new trailer I hope they "cut" it like how they did for the after credits to ep 49. I still think about wild that sequence was.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I saw that the final season trailer was out on YouTube on a reaction channel, I'm not watching it but did the end show a return date?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I saw that the final season trailer was out on YouTube on a reaction channel, I'm not watching it but did the end show a return date?
The trailer has no date, but its being assume by twitter sources that they might make it to a Fall release if things go well with our current situation.