• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
I tried to read ahead in the manga after season 2 but I really didn't like the art, glad this is finally here. It feels weird only waiting for a year for new AoT after the time difference between seasons 1 and 2. Attack on Titan and Psycho Pass were the two shows that got me back into anime after not watching any since I was a kid, crazy to think that was 5 years ago.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to read ahead in the manga after season 2 but I really didn't like the art, glad this is finally here. It feels weird only waiting for a year for new AoT after the time difference between seasons 1 and 2. Attack on Titan and Psycho Pass were the two shows that got me back into anime after not watching any since I was a kid, crazy to think that was 5 years ago.
The art gets a lot better but it's still an acquired taste.
Personally I love the manga art style, it's so good and works in favor of the story.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anywhere with a good brief recap of season two to jog my memory? Or even of the last few eps?
Apparently titans have breached the second set of walls so they send scouts out to find the breach in the wall. Meanwhile Mike encounters the Beast Titan who can not only speak like a human, but is also able to control the mindless titans. He takes Mike's ODM gear and has the titans devour him. Later that night the scouts, being unable to find any holes in the wall, take refuge up in an old castle, Utgarde Keep. To their surprise, a large pack of titans, lead by the beast titan, attack the keep that night. As more scouts are getting killed, Ymir reveals she can turn into a titan and fights the mindless ones attacking the castle. Just before she is ripped apart by them an entire squad of scouts show up and clean up the rest of the titans.

Later that day after hoisting each other up onto the wall Reiner starts losing his mind and nonchalantly reveals that he and Bertholdt are the Armored and Colossal. Mikasa attempts to cut them down on the wall but hesitates and they transform and try to take Eren. He transforms into the Attack Titan and battles the Armored for a time while the rest of the scouts take on the slow and immobile Colossal stuck on the wall, but they can't touch him due to the immense steam being emitted. Eren outsmarts Reiner in the fight and right before he is able to extract Reiner from his titan form, the Colossal falls on them. Reiner and Bertholdt are able to extract Eren and injure him enough to kidnap him.

Once everyone else recovers and comes to they gather their energy and resolve and head to the tall forest where Reiner and Bertholdt have taken Eren and Ymir to heal up. They make a bargain with Ymir while Eren flails, armless, uncontrollably. Once the scouts make it to the forest the others take off with Eren while Ymir stays back and steals Historia(formerly Krista) before rejoining the other titan shifters who have hopped onto the Armored titans back as he leaves the other side of the forest. After a drawn out chase, the scouts catch up with them while Erwin, being the crazy bastard he is, leads a swarm of mindless titans right to the shifters to slow them down. Eventually they are able to get Eren away while Armin torments them by telling them Annie is being horrifically tortured inside the walls.

Eren and Mikasa, both injured, reunite and encounter the grinning feminine titan that consumed Eren's mother. Hannes takes the titan on in an attempt to avenge Eren's mother but is ultimately killed and eaten. Eren starts losing it because he is unable to transform due to the fact that he still recovering from his wounds. He ends up taking the titan on while in human form, striking the titans hand with his fist while screaming in rage. Suddenly something flips on in the countless mindless titans surrounding them all as they all go for the grinning titan. They consume it, leaving not a spot of flesh behind. The scouts start making their retreat while the Armored titan spots them and starts coming after them. Eren screams again and directs the titans at the Armored and Bertholdt. Ymir bails on Historia to go save the other shifters. It's later revealed that all 3 shifters survived, and that Reiner and Bertholdt will take Ymir back to their home.

Ah yeah and Erwin lost his arm.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I hope this show doesn't eventually turn poor, it's the only anime I'm watching not counting Dragonball Super.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this show doesn't eventually turn poor, it's the only anime I'm watching not counting Dragonball Super.
As a manga reader I can tell you that it only gets more bananas as it progresses. The climax for this season will be absolutely insane and I'm guessing it will span several episodes. It will probably be the most memorable thing from all three seasons by far.

Beyond that the manga is good but gets really controversial in tone and subject, so it will at least be extremely interesting in anime form.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fucking ready.
The betrayal reveal last season is probably one of my favorite anime moments in history, the direction in that episode was perfect.
If there are moments in S3 that come close consider me happy.

Openrob

Nov 5, 2017
This has taken such a long time to come out that I read ahead. I wish I didn't, but the first season came out like 5 years ago.

That's too long to wait.
Still looking forward to it, because I only remember the general story, but none of the details!

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Good to see s3 relatively quick after s2, now I just need to finish that season! I don't really remember where I was so I'll just rewatch from the first episode

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap, I forgot this is starting up again. (It seems so soon)
Making a note on my calendar to catch this later.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I've seen the first episode's premiere in Paris.

This is my favourite arc in the manga. Seeing it animated, with better pacing, and with the stellar soundtrack on top of it... THIS SEASON WILL BE SO GOOD.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the part of the story where people will drop the anime/manga or follow it until the end.

HHG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Excited.
My plan was to wait until the entire season is released but duo the internet and spoilers..... will have to suffer 24 weeks waiting for new episode every week :/

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone get a countdown or just tell how many hours from now

Fuck timezones
bla_1532282400.png

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah one thing the anime can do is perhaps improve on the pacing of the actual arc. It's arguably the weakest arc of the series but no arc in the manga is "filler" in the grand scheme of things.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah one thing the anime can do is perhaps improve on the pacing of the actual arc. It's arguably the weakest arc of the series but no arc in the manga is "filler" in the grand scheme of things.
I think they'll pull it off.

I'm greatly looking forward to this season! I hope both cours aren't split up.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely the highest praise I can give the upcoming arcs is that I'm excited to follow this thread and read people's reactions.

It's, genuinely, top tier story telling. The manga is my favourite form of entertainment, in any media, I am currently following.

It's going to be so good.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Can't wait to get back into this. Annoyingly season 2 isn't on UK Netflix (anymore?) so will have to find another way to recap. I want to buy this on bluray eventually but... the collection will be glorious to behold when all is told.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Did they accidentally swap the ED with the OP? Even if this season is going to be more "low key", what a disappointing dud of an opening