• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, the scene of all the titans appearing was super well-executed.

If you've already read the manga I suggest going through the opening frame-by-frame. There's a lot of interesting stuff that only shows up in flashes of one or two frames at a time

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
okay, who's seen War for the Planet of the Apes? lol

Donkey.
Screen-Shot-2019-04-28-at-3-31-42-PM.png

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, the scene of all the titans appearing was super well-executed.

If you've already read the manga I suggest going through the opening frame-by-frame. There's a lot of interesting stuff that only shows up in flashes of one or two frames at a time

There usually is each season. Likewise if you haven't read the manga I would suggest not paying too much attention to the OP for the first few episodes.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
AIGHT SO WE JUST GETTING RIGHT INTO THE SHITS AREN'T WE? Holy fuck they wasted no time

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Jesus christ that was amazing.
Having read the Manga, I know the season is only getting better from here on too...

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
God damn, Levi with the quickness when Reiner came out. Whew whew whew.

Soooo glad AoT is back, gonna be a great second half of the season.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Good episode. I still need to rewatch the previous season, but I already feel like this one's going to be better than the one before. I prefer the OP, already.

Loved Commander Armin, and how everyone felt visibly uneasy about it.

Also loved how Levi didn't waste time to just try to off Reiner. Hate it when people are just staring when an enemy reveals themselves, with the protagonists just letting them monologue or some shit. Mikasa tried to do the same, too.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they really rushed into things. I have the feeling they skipped some chapters, like this was the entirety of volume 17.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also loved how Levi didn't waste time to just try to off Reiner. Hate it when people are just staring when an enemy reveals themselves, with the protagonists just letting them monologue or some shit. Mikasa tried to do the same, too.
In general Attack on Titan is really good at realistic reactions and decision-making in the face of insurmountable stakes/odds. Like, in terms of what they're up against, yes of course you need to go for the fatal strikes when the enemy is in their most vulnerable state.

Oct 25, 2017
When Levi stabs Reiner and the music escalates...holy shit that was fucking hype as fuck. I know what's going to happen already and holy shit I cannot fucking wait to see this shit animated.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I first read through this arc last summer & was basically holding my breath and clinching my teeth the whole time - SHIT IS GOING DOWN! So glad the pacing for this is on-point and I know with only 10 episodes for this 2nd half of Season 3 that pretty much every episode is going to be insane. Can't wait for more & even moreso for the reactions!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I imagined this whole thing happening at sunrise but this was still damn good nonetheless

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
That was an absolutely amazing episode, seriously what an intro. I have no clue about the manga, but the episode seemed paced really nicely. They did a good job of building up the suspense leading up until the last few minutes. This arc is going to be crazy >_<. The last few minutes have left me shook

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
Eren and the crew are doomed. I dont know how any of them are gonna survive this
Erwin mentioned how they had something up their sleeves, though idk how much that'll help with 3 confirmed + potentially many more shifters. If those titans/sparks aren't shifters, Eren might be able to wrestle the control of those titans from the beast titan, but looking at how much control Eren has over the crystalization (his face lol), I highly doubt he could.

I wonder if beast titan could read the sleeping/dormant titan's senses and thus know that the crew was on their way 5+ minutes before they arrived

Last edited:

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
That was a great episode, I didn't expect it to pick up like that! The end I was just like "oh shit!" I really enjoyed that much more than I thought I would.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That

was

so

fucking hype.

Started reading the manga to catch up to last season's finale and I'm still a ways away. So, everything was new here and the suspense I felt when they weren't attacked after they plugged the outer wall.... Phew. Then Levi's attack on Reiner after he popped out. That was so f'ing good.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I still miss the existential horror and misery but at least we're done with the naive ass politicking and back to some hype Titan fights.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Endgame and GoT almost overshadowed this for me. ALMOST. I realized today and I am about to sit down. Such a hype weekend.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really great episode tonight. Pretty much everything I enjoy about SnK in one episode.

These next few weeks are gonna be wild.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I still miss the existential horror and misery but at least we're done with the naive ass politicking and back to some hype Titan fights.

They just about understand the enemy and understand how to kill them. The dread is still there but they aren't flying in the dark anymore and are better trained and better equiped to actually take down the enemy.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
What a way to come back. Shame it's only half a season. Is there enough material for a 4th season/4A season by end of this year?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
They just about understand the enemy and understand how to kill them. The dread is still there but they aren't flying in the dark anymore and are better trained and better equiped to actually take down the enemy.

The episode did have great tension building toward the last few minutes but it's not the same.

And yea I know it's impossible to bring back since that horror relies on not knowing and that can't sustain a show for three seasons but that's what made AoT stand out for me.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think AoT still nails that delicate feeling of hopefulness rising only to be met with despair. It's a recurring cycle, but it always pulls it off in a way that doesn't feel repetitive.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
That scene when all the titans appeared and that remix of Attack of Titan was superb.This season will be glorious.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this episode was hype as af. Already worth the wait. Love how Levi immediately went in as soon as Reiner revealed himself.
That scene with all the Titans appearing was also really great. Didn't read the manga so had no idea that was coming. Things are heating up.
Whenever I watch this series though I have like one eye on the action and the other on the clock. These episodes are always so short and the cliffhangers are damn brutal. So stoked that AOT is on again though. Love this show.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I completely forgot this was back today. So good!

Only reason I'm disappointed is that the animation is so good that I think only the B-team is left for WIT studio's new anime (Vinland Saga) which is based on my favourite manga. And that's a pretty lame complaint.

The part where Levi stabs Reiner is so cool. Reminded me of when Mikasa did the same. Shame it never works, you know you need a climactic battle, guys!

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Levi still has the Titan juice, right?

He should've used it and tore Reiner to shreds lol

He better use it. They are so outnumbered lol Eren is staring at Reiner while the Beast Titan and Berry is gonna destroy everyone. I don't how Eren and the crew will live