• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Levi didn't know his name because his mom changed it.
His mother didn't change it--she didn't tell it to him.

Considering the kind of life he had pre-Kenny, it's not all that odd. Ackermans were in hiding, and Levi was illegitimate (and probably a result of her occupation).

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
His mother didn't change it--she didn't tell it to him.

Considering the kind of life he had pre-Kenny, it's not all that odd. Ackermans were in hiding, and Levi was illegitimate (and probably a result of her occupation).

The brothel owner called her Olympia though, so she wasn't using the Kuchel name in life.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished catching up! Whew. I thought at first this season is going to be boring and all about human drama, but as usual AoT doesn't disappoint and provides us with plenty of "oh shit" moments and some cool battles.
The teaser for part 2 was indeed hype af, I don't want to start reading the manga because then I won't stop til I'm all caught up :(
Oh well, if we survived the wait from S1 to S2 this is nothing.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The wait will be tough but I'm smiling cuz hopefully we get much more episodes and we get a new Opening and Ending song. I skipped through the current OP and ending song almost all the time.
Are you expecting more than 12 episodes?
I mean, even in S1 they didn't go past 24 even though they had a lot of material to work with. I'd guess S3 is gonna end up with 24 total as well

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Are you expecting more than 12 episodes?
I mean, even in S1 they didn't go past 24 even though they had a lot of material to work with. I'd guess S3 is gonna end up with 24 total as well

I'm expecting more than 12. Lets do 16.

HNgA.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
Sorry to break this to y'all but since there are only three more bds confirmed, i assume there are 9 more episodes. ( first half fits vol1~4) Not ruling out more bd vols to be announced though that's unlikely. They could also put 4 episodes in each, but also unlikely.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The next arc is electric. I can see it being done well at a thrilling pace, wouldn't be surprised with it clocking at 9 episodes.

Alandrus Sun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to say I'm really digging this 3rd season so far as someone who only watches the anime. I think my only problem was how fast Eren broke then rebounded mentally in the cave from suicidal to heroism again. Although, from the thread titles I've seen over the months. I'm curious when this show will start to suck since I know many manga readers are angry/unsatisfied

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I'm really digging this 3rd season so far as someone who only watches the anime. I think my only problem was how fast Eren broke then rebounded mentally in the cave from suicidal to heroism again. Although, from the thread titles I've seen over the months. I'm curious when this show will start to suck since I know many manga readers are angry/unsatisfied

As a manga reader I was dreading this part and the one before it, and the anime adapted both arcs better than I thought possible.

I still personally think this arc we just went though wasn't as good as earlier ones though, mostly for it's lack of Titan scenes.

Alandrus Sun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a manga reader I was dreading this part and the one before it, and the anime adapted both arcs better than I thought possible.

I still personally think this arc we just went though wasn't as good as earlier ones though, mostly for it's lack of Titan scenes.

Ya, more titans would've been nice. I feel a side titan threat would've been nice to add more stakes to the Civil War since they are warring at a time where the colossal titan, Beast Titan and the others are still out and about. Like Game of Thrones has been doing.

I really wish there was a bit more character development for each of the characters tho. There really are these defining moments through out this season but the show seems to glance over them than really focus on how they are affecting them mentally. The Scouts organization was nicely pushed on though with trying to define their place in a society that didn't want them and their means of trying to become legit again. But for individuals, I really don't know where they land. Although there is an episode with massive revelations. I'm still not sure what was Eren's thought behind everything told to him.

At this point, I just assume the show will turn after they reach the basement because that is the only plot point still lingering over the show that could radically change the show's core

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
The next arc is electric. I can see it being done well at a thrilling pace, wouldn't be surprised with it clocking at 9 episodes.

I'm expecting 12 episodes. There's actually quite a lot of content there and most of it can't... or really shouldn't be skipped.

The 20-21minutes per episode is just so damn little. I think that's also the biggest issue people have with 'slow' episodes. When you binge watch the show they hardly pose a problem, even in season 1. But when you get 20 minutes of content in a single week, everything that isn't the most crucial of plot progressions seems underwhelming for many.

If I had a stronger mental fortitude I'd watch more shows after they aired in their entirety. But then, you kinda wanna be in the weely discussion, too :/

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to break this to y'all but since there are only three more bds confirmed, i assume there are 9 more episodes. ( first half fits vol1~4) Not ruling out more bd vols to be announced though that's unlikely. They could also put 4 episodes in each, but also unlikely.

This will be a very weird decision if they want to put a break on the series for 6 months only for 9 more episodes. WIT really know how to kill the hype.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
So are we getting an OT2 In April or we sticking with this one?

Edit: Attack on Titan S3 |OT2|- Just wait, and sea

Last edited:

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What? No it goes perfect with the season. The song and the visuals set up what the whole season is about.
I agree with this. I was skeptical at first, but I'm generally a L'Arc en Ciel fan, so I was willing to give it a shot. It really grew on me over the course of the season, as I watched it each week through all the family-related turmoil. As much as I enjoyed the hype of Linked Horizon, I can't imagine what they'd have to offer fitting as well (though I enjoyed their ED this season too).

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Uhhh never? Next arc after next is simply GOAT possibly the greatest arc i've ever seen. Isayamas Wild Ride doesn't end and only goes faster. it's just sad we won't be seeing it for a couple years at best.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
I was thinking maybe staying with this thread since it is the same season but ask for a title change to fit part 2 closer to release. Unless people want me to make a new thread?

Not a bad OT title.
Thanks. If we keep this thread though I think we should keep the OG title. I get this feeling they're going to push S3 part 2 like it's own season. Rife with new OP and EDs and new trailers too.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way next half season won't have a new opening sequence. The arc covers totally different things than the first season 3 arc did(and the first season 3 opening is very much centered around the human aspect, both the characters' pasts and their place in society pre and post uprising).

Also season 1 had two openings, the second one starting half way through, so there's precedent.

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wow they really are sending this show off to die if that's true. We won't even be seeing the basement till 2021 at best. *clap*

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Things change...I remember people in this post shouting out this would be a 25 or season. Point it, nobody here knows for sure. All the hints and rumors don't really mean much when it comes to WIT

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Just catch up with this season and damn it was gorgeous!!! April 2019 can't come soon enough, I want to read the manga now but mangas don't gave me as much emotions as animate show can so damn... what should I do!!!

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just catch up with this season and damn it was gorgeous!!! April 2019 can't come soon enough, I want to read the manga now but mangas don't gave me as much emotions as animate show can so damn... what should I do!!!
It's a tough call man! I started reading the manga after season 1 ended and I don't regret it at all.

Think of it this way, is it worse waiting 5 months to a year and a half for a new AoT anime season or would it be worse waiting monthly for the manga? It's totally on your preference. If you prefer anime to manga then maybe it would be a good idea to wait, at least to see the rest of this season since the wait isn't overkill(April will probably be here before you know it).

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
It's a tough call man! I started reading the manga after season 1 ended and I don't regret it at all.

Think of it this way, is it worse waiting 5 months to a year and a half for a new AoT anime season or would it be worse waiting monthly for the manga? It's totally on your preference. If you prefer anime to manga then maybe it would be a good idea to wait, at least to see the rest of this season since the wait isn't overkill(April will probably be here before you know it).

Yeah, I waited 4 years for S2 so I can't wait some months but damn it's killing me!

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Month per Moth. A lot happens in those chapters.

Oct 27, 2017

I got into the manga after S2 ended last year cause I managed to get myself spoiled a bit later and decided to go all in. Don't regret it one bit, the manga community is great and it's like christmas every month when a new chapter drops.

However, knowing what comes up next, I think it'd be better if people waited for the 2nd part of this anime season. If you made it thus far and haven't touched the manga, waiting 5 months more is nothing. I'm also a bit bummed that I don't have AOT to look forward to every Sunday (especially at the part they left it) but I'm quickly getting over it. Having a new chapter coming out next week does help tho.

Anyway wait after this season is over, then decide for yourself if you want to dig into the manga, is what I'd say.