• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
They are managing about 16-20 chapters per 12 episodes. They could do a 12-episode season 4, as that arc is 16 chapters and makes a nice whole. But season 5 is then looking likely to be the end, be it 12 or 24 episodes.
Part 2 being reportedly shorter doesn't instill much confidence in this theory.

Oct 27, 2017
It's still a little less than 2 chapters per episode (for S3 Part 2). Also it being 2 episodes shorter doesn't really mean anything, they're still getting to chapter 90 of the manga. That leaves us with 24 more chapters to cover so far, and there's likely not much left.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Wow thats crazy. They are going to adapt 18 chapters in even less episodes than the previous arc. Thankfully unlike the last arc, a lot of this arc is action heavy which would make sense as to why it could be shorter.

As for the future, we are currently looking at 2 more seasons if they stick to just 10-12 per season. I would not be surprised if from now on Wit adapts 10-12 episodes per year. I think they'll be able to catch up by finish the adaptation by 2021, if the manga ends in 2020. It almost makes the delay a strategic move in order to have AOT content every year from now on to keep the momentum going.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Part 2 being reportedly shorter doesn't instill much confidence in this theory.
I think it shows that the end of the manga is getting closer. If they believed they'd have to stall a bit more, they would take more episodes instead of clearly unnecessarily reducing the amount of episodes here. Because no way are they going to end this season before chapter 90.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
10 episodes make perfect sense considering how action heavy many of the episodes of this arc are.

Oct 2, 2018
Can I just say... I sort of dropped AOT the anime midway through the season. Just got boring. Might get back to it but what a snooze fest the third season is.

Oct 27, 2017
Yo. New key visual dropped for Season 3 Part 2, extra juicy so I'll put it in spoilers just in case.

visual_season3_5.jpg

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
it seems every season gets smaller, and smaller, like they are having production issues or somehing. idk. im about to fall off of it here soon.

I don't think that. 10 episodes seems to be perfect for this season. I hope that WIT know that they have something legendary in their hands and don't want to rush or drag this season, like they did with season 2 for example.

The next season will be next year I guess and have 10-12 episodes, and then the final season in 2021.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
With GoT and Endgame I almost forgot all about this. This month is insane! Part2 will be fucking amazing, I couldn't help but catch some of it in the manga after Part1 ended, but I didn't want to spoil myself with all of it since the anime is far superior. Only 2 weeks to go :)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
its season 3 in name alone. stealth season 4 come on guys. are you expecting season 4 to start this year? cuz i dont. and i it doesnt then that makes this a de facto season 4 to me.

I mean, it all depends on how much material is left to adapt. There's probably enough material right now to do a 12 episode S4, but the manga seems close to wrapping up, so I could see them doing a S4 that covers the rest of the manga next year.

That's also why S2 took too long and was only 12 episodes, there wasn't enough stuff to adapt.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
After this 10 episode second half, probably one or two more sets of 24 episodes to wrap up the series??
Season 4 should be 12 episodes
At this moment the final arc is developing, but the series should end in 1-2 years.

So a final season of 12-24 episodes depending of how much manga is left.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
it seems every season gets smaller, and smaller, like they are having production issues or somehing. idk. im about to fall off of it here soon.
I literally just explained that it's shorter for story reasons.
And as everyone is saying, it'll probably only be like 1-2 more seasons before the end of the story

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Was at the airport yesterday, the guy at the baggage check complimented me for my choice in literature as I had my manga with me. Lucky for him, he didn't look too much at the cover as I'm rereading the upcoming chapters before the anime comes.