• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favourite moment of Season 3 part 2

• My soldiers, rage! My soldiers scream! My soldiers, fight!

Votes: 108 22.3%
  • Levi vs Beast Titan

Votes: 157 32.4%
  • Armin's sacrifice

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Levi's choice

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Basement reveal (Marley, Titan history)

Votes: 95 19.6%
  • Shingeki no Kyojin

Votes: 19 3.9%
  • The sea

Votes: 26 5.4%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
Anyone know what chapter in the manga this ends off at?
It ends at just when Volume 22 ends, so chapter 90. (I just binged read all the chapters covered this season after this episode). Surprised at how faithful the adaptation is from manga -> anime.

I'm kinda sad we are getting the same hints as last episode (no big info drop), so there aren't extra material until 2020 that will prove or disprove my theory/speculation from last episode. Was hoping something big when Eren kissed Historia's hand (Maybe he suddenly decides to use his power to erase everyone's memories of himself and head off outside the walls or sth). But Oh wells. At least we're continuing the time skip next season and that usually means big changes. :)

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. I think the juxtaposition between his wanting to kill the titan and Eren's compassion for it (as well as the rest of the scouts, really) factors into that, too. But it also factors into me thinking he's an asshole.
I think there are three perspectives in that confrontation though. Eren is alone in feeling that compassion, the others are just too lazy to kill it. They have never engaged a titan if they didn't consider it a threat.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
That time skip seemed way longer than a year lol.

Anyways amazing season, it returned the anime to greatness levels.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like the first half of the episode (this Floch guy is super annoying and honestly don't care about whatever character arc or purpose he has), but the last half was great. Seeing everyone freak out about the ocean was touching, and then you see Eren by himself shackled by the memories of his father and Owl, and how just across that sea is the hell waiting for him.

Overall, this has been one hell of a season, really great work. I still think that Mob Psycho is my anime of the year for now, but this is super close. Since the last season is next year, I'll wait for it and not pick back up the manga like I was thinking of doing. Hopefully the studio that gets this does it right just like Wit studio. Kudos to them.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It ends at just when Volume 22 ends, so chapter 90. (I just binged read all the chapters covered this season after this episode). Surprised at how faithful the adaptation is from manga -> anime.

I'm kinda sad we are getting the same hints as last episode (no big info drop), so there aren't extra material until 2020 that will prove or disprove my theory/speculation from last episode. Was hoping something big when Eren kissed Historia's hand (Maybe he suddenly decides to use his power to erase everyone's memories of himself and head off outside the walls or sth). But Oh wells. At least we're continuing the time skip next season and that usually means big changes. :)

Thanks! I left off maybe around chapter 30 many years ago but recently decided to watch the anime to catch up instead.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to sift through the thread because the manga readers are all shitting it up with spoilers. All I want to know is when the final season is coming. I saw something saying it'll be next year, but that doesn't sound right if WIT isn't doing it. I'm just looking for information on that, because the season 4 release date is pretty much going to determine if/when I jump over to the manga

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Long hair eren looks like a dork
Just finished. Great episode but yikes... Eren looks horrible with long hair.

Really curious whats the plan is... build a ship? Eren only has a few years left before his time runs out.

Smh. All this slander for BDE Eren.

I'm not going to sift through the thread because the manga readers are all shitting it up with spoilers. All I want to know is when the final season is coming. I saw something saying it'll be next year, but that doesn't sound right if WIT isn't doing it. I'm just looking for information on that, because the season 4 release date is pretty much going to determine if/when I jump over to the manga

Lol. You could have just googled it but the tweet said fall 2020.

Aran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This season has been absolutely fantastic. It'll be tough waiting for the next season.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

Jump!

Annie is like the Gendry of AoT lol...
Gendry kept rowing and Annie kept sleeping.
Can't wait to see her hook up with Eren before becoming irrelevant again.

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Great season, and a fantastic final episode. Definitely in my top 3 anime this year.

Regarding the ED, I was first dissapointed in it but after watching it a multiple times and seeing how it suits this part of the season well, I really like it now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a manga reader and manga readers shouldn't be allowed in this thread honestly.

That'd be a dumb overreaction that you couldn't even realistically enforce. If people like you and myself can go the entirety of S3 without spoiling anything, then the issue is with specific posters. Just be harsher when dealing them, among other things, rather than some messy blanket ban.

Oct 25, 2017
There are plenty of manga readers in here who managed to stay quiet, it was just the same handful who couldn't keep it in their pants each time. Even if there was a separate thread for manga readers you know the same dudes would still be in the anime only thread confirming things or outright spoiling shit. They were called out multiple times in this thread and still carried on so I don't see separate threads accomplishing anything. It was just poor moderation because it should have been clamped down on the first time it happened yet post-basement reveal it was just non-stop and nothing really happened. Mods can't be on top of everything though so a bit of restraint would go a long way, but that's seemingly impossible for some of you dumbasses.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Omg Erens face and tone during the sea scene...teared up a bit. The despair in his voice. The man knows he's still not free. It's almost a desperate plea to whoever will listen...

This is how u wish all Anime was done.

Imagine One Piece or Naruto with the brotherhood treatment!

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
SnK - 59

A wonderful conclusion to this arc and the scenes managed to elicit more emotions than the manga for me, here. Eren seeing a few more memories of Grisha, to finally see that he didn't just come to kill the Reiss family in cold blood but was completely desperate, not just for his Eldian Restorationists goal, but more so Carla, Eren, and MIkasa.

In general, I find the whole Titan memory passing makes for some really interesting scenarios. To actually see what happened from their perspective and feel the emotions of the former Titan wielder is s.th. entirely different from an outside observer.

And a final season 4 announced, wew lad. But yeh, ~24-26 episodes should work quite well with the manga likely ending in the not so distant future. But who is producing it... I hope whoever it is that there might be some slight collaboration with WIT, still. I need them incredible Imai action shots to continue!!

To those diving into the manga now: enjoy the masterpiece.

To those who somehow have the strength to hold out for next year: kudos and gl avoiding spoilers!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a manga reader and manga readers shouldn't be allowed in this thread honestly.
I'm curious how you would go about realistically enforcing that. There are people who post here who read the manga, but don't post in the manga thread, so banning anyone from posting in the anime thread who post in the manga thread won't work.

Just set up stricter punishments for posting spoilers or hinting at future events.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
That'd be a dumb overreaction that you couldn't even realistically enforce. If people like you and myself can go the entirety of S3 without spoiling anything, then the issue is with specific posters. Just be harsher when dealing them, among other things, rather than some messy blanket ban.

Yep. Collective punishment is never the answer.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty uneventful episode but it was still good. The last scenes after they left wall Maria were great. This season was incredible. Now to finish reading the rest of the manga! Can't wait for season 4.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Moderation can only work if there's a moderator who's an avid SnK manga reader and goes hard on warning/banning anyone hinting at manga content yet to come.

But even then, I guess there's always a line that some people like to dance on.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
User banned (3 days): Ignoring a staff post, posting unmarked spoilers.
MOD EDIT: Spoilers removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I must admit, going into this season, Levi vs The Beast Titan was the thing I wanted to see THE MOST.

After watching this season, Erwin's speech was so stirring, it stole the damn show.

The animation was a little off putting when it came to Levi vs beast Titan, but there were nothing but good takeaways when it came to that Erwin speech. I'll always remember this thread after that episode

Oct 25, 2017
My rule of thumb is that if I've read the manga, I try to pretend like I'm seeing the material covered in the episode for the first time. Manga readers doing the whole hinting thing think they're slick, but they're not and it's really not chill

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
This slander against Mikasa will not stand!

Sure, she directly led to Levi getting injured and very likely caused misery and untold suffering, but did you see her smile when she went into the ocean?

And where was Levi? On the beach like a punk.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I must admit, going into this season, Levi vs The Beast Titan was the thing I wanted to see THE MOST.

After watching this season, Erwin's speech was so stirring, it stole the damn show.
Erwin's speech, Eren's King punch and Mikasa crying after hearing Eren's heartbeat are my top 3 'got da chills" moments. This damn anime bout to go down as the GOAT

Oct 27, 2017
I can't make up my mind with so many choices in the poll. Where's the "all of them" option?

Went with Armin's sacrifice because that fucked me up even though I knew it was coming, and the music was sublime.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, yeh, impossible to really choose one. Moreso, because I experienced it first via manga, too.

But then, I certainly wouldn't struggle giving it to Erwin's speech. It was just so damn good and the voice acting did a lot here.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Add me to the list of people that thinks something definitely should be done for next season about the manga talk.

There have always been the random careless or reckless poster spoiling stuff in the past, intentional or not, but post-basement had really brought out another level of open manga talk that really spiraled out of control where it wasn't just one person, it was multiple people.

I appreciate the manga readers that have behaved themselves, but it's gotten bad. I don't know the solution but if it doesn't get fixed it will probably drive away some anime-only posters, and unfortunately, that may be what some manga readers want, as long as they aren't the ones who have to tip toe around spoilers.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Erwin's speech is clearly the hypest moment, but I think the whole basement reveal is more impactful as a whole since it really makes the series something special. How often do you get such an awaited reveal that actually delivers and then some?

Still, I feel like comparing 1 speech vs 3 episodes worth of content is a bit unfair so I'll vote for 兵士よ怒れ!兵士よ叫べ!兵士よ戦え!

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Erwin's speech is clearly the hypest moment, but I think the whole basement reveal is more impactful as a whole since it really makes the series something special. How often do you get such an awaited reveal that actually delivers and then some?

Never. I've never gotten something on that scale and type of story.

And keep in mind, SnK was always entertaining to me without the basement carrot dangling in front of me. There's so much stuff always going on, with mysteries revealed and yet more questions arising.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Levi's choice was a close second. And everyone knows how much of a Levi stan i am, so not voting for that kind of felt like a betrayal...

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Erwin's speech is incredible, but I loved Levi tearing Zeke apart too...

Daily reminder, fuck Zeke.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, I walked in and saw spoilers in the poll for a topic with no spoiler warning that is about a recent release.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
This anime went from a pretty good battle shounen, to something so much more. The character development we've seen now and beyond this point is so well done. The story was thought out from day one and there was good foreshadowing from the start. The soundtrack only got better and the animation is god-tier.

Honestly I don't like to say if a certain anime is the best or whatever, but if they adapt the last season of AoT the same way they've done now, I can be OK with this being one of the greatest anime out there. The only thing this anime lacked was a good story and we got that and more.