Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga SPOILERS thread | Enter the Basement

JadedWriter

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least the studio change will happen during the most drastic shift in setting and character designs so it might not be as noticeable
I think as long as a good studio get it I'll be fine. If Marly arc gets a more mature tone and we get the raining Titans scene with the machine gun mounted Cart Titan animated well I doubt people will complain.

PinchaUvas

Nov 6, 2017
Spain
Ehm, I think I must have missed something, studio change?
From the anime, i just don't want to talk about it in the anime thread cause spoilers obviously

I think as long as a good studio get it I'll be fine. If Marly arc gets a more mature tone and we get the raining Titans scene with the machine gun mounted Cart Titan animated well I doubt people will complain.
yeah it'll probably be fine, I'm just saying that since it's a timeskip and most characters would look different either way, and the scenery goes from kinda medieval to full world war 2, I think it'll help and make it so there's less comparisons and stuff
also people will be too busy with "why are they showing us those kids now, we don't care, we wanna see Eren, we wanna see Armin!"

JadedWriter

Oct 25, 2017
From the anime, i just don't want to talk about it in the anime thread cause spoilers obviously

yeah it'll probably be fine, I'm just saying that since it's a timeskip and most characters would look different either way, and the scenery goes from kinda medieval to full world war 2, I think it'll help and make it so there's less comparisons and stuff
also people will be too busy with "why are they showing us those kids now, we don't care, we wanna see Eren, we wanna see Armin!"
Oh yeah. I completely forgot the Marley arc opens with Falco and Gabi and I think some other kids that are friends or Reiner's. The Marley Arc is really like the beginning of another show and then you get to Eren doing what Reiner did to his village. Hell you don't even see Eren until he's posing as a war veteran and you don't even realize it, the arc is great.

RecRoulette

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the studio does some insane flash-forward at the end of the season. I was wondering if they'd do one anyway considering how good the one mid S3 was.

Imagine if post-credits they just did Willy Tybur's speech and ended with this panel

JadedWriter

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the studio does some insane flash-forward at the end of the season. I was wondering if they'd do one anyway considering how good the one mid S3 was.

Imagine if post-credits they just did Willy Tybur's speech and ended with this panel

I'd honestly just prefer raining titans panel. The speech is done best when it's coming out of nowhere, either that or Pieck with the mounted guns since it also sets up that there's way more to this world than people expected.

Dragoon

Oct 31, 2017

No fucking way man. That would an awful spoiler. Eren's "introduction" to both Reiner and then Marley is one of the goat introductions in fiction. You don't even allude to that.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure whether teasing anything makes sense in this context. The mid-season one made sense cause watching a desperate Levi, Eren and Mikasa generated hype for the 2nd half, and the season 2 one teased the beast titan as a kind of final boss, which we had already seen. Now there's a timeskip and we're moving to a completely different place with new characters, so teasing a bunch of unknown faces makes little sense. Maybe older Reiner would make some sense. I don't think they'll show Eren or the gang as they were purposefully hidden for at least 9-10 chapters.

zdravkelja

Oct 25, 2017
Serbia
I haven't read anything since october and I finally caught up now... Damn. And I can't believe Annie is still in her crystal.

Now, when someone is complaining about Mikasa's personality in anime thread, I'm always going to think of this:

Isayama is really good with planning and foreshadowing things, literally everything gets explained eventually.

Also, Levi is Zeke's worst nightmare. But I think he is done fighting, next time we see him will be after the battle is done, him walking with a stick or something like that.

JadedWriter

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read anything since october and I finally caught up now... Damn. And I can't believe Annie is still in her crystal.

Now, when someone is complaining about Mikasa's personality in anime thread, I'm always going to think of this:

Isayama is really good with planning and foreshadowing things, literally everything gets explained eventually.

Also, Levi is Zeke's worst nightmare. But I think he is done fighting, next time we see him will be after the battle is done, him walking with a stick or something like that.
Levi had Zeke legit shook. I honestly think if Levi can't fight he'll just be on a farm with Hange or something. Though it's probably bad that I ship those two.