• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like when he chose Armin he was still following Erwin's orders of "use it wisely" or "I trust you to make the right choice" or whatever he said
I think Levi cared enough about Erwin not to revive him and have him continue to suffer. Levi put Erwin out of his misery in my opinion. Meanwhile I think Mikasa would've just revived Eren because her programming is extreme.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
31qQWTR.jpg

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see people complain about this massive ass lore dump.
I don't think people will complain. It's the answer to "what's in the basement". If it was something that could be explained away in a few sentences, that would be massively disappointing. It had to be big enough to turn the entire world up till that point on its head.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people will complain. It's the answer to "what's in the basement". If it was something that could be explained away in a few sentences, that would be massively disappointing. It had to be big enough to turn the entire world up till that point on its head.
True. So much stuff gets explained that I'm honestly surprised there's that much history behind it. That opens the world so much. It's pretty much a reveal on the level of the Dark Continent reveal in HxH. You have Grisha's backstory, his original family, the meaning behind the Dina Titan and why Eren's power worked on it, where Eren's name came from, some of Zeke's backstory, the reveal of who the true enemy is and what Titans are. There is so much shit that I feel like I'm leaving stuff out. I think in hindsight I like that volume more now than I did when I originally read it since I'm more used to Isayama's pacing now.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I lol'd at the Gatling gun ODM gear.

Also, I wonder if they are going to go for maximum troll effort by ending an episode on the key not fitting into the door.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I already said last year, the ultimate troll would be ending the season on a picture in the basement and then starting the next season with Eldian kids fighting in war from chapter 91. Without any explanation. And then after everyone going wtf and loosing their minds, after episode or two, telling Grisha backstory in flashbacks :D Bonus points if OP shows only characters from Marley.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I already said last year, the ultimate troll would be ending the season on a picture in the basement and then starting the next season with Eldian kids fighting in war from chapter 91. Without any explanation. And then after everyone going wtf and loosing their minds, after episode or two, telling Grisha backstory in flashbacks :D Bonus points if OP shows only characters from Marley.
I honestly thought they were ending it with the picture in the basement, that would have been incredible.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
How many more episodes left in this part of the season?

Next episode will have Armin becoming the Colossal Titan right?

It could even go as far as the picture, depending on pacing. Unless I'm forgetting bits of the arc.

A good end point for the season would be Grisha Yaeger being given his titan powers and ending up at the wall.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
5 more episodes.

One thing I'm really looking forward to as well is the title drop during the flashback.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Nah, there is 5 more episodes, it's enough for the whole flashback + aftermath, it will end with Eren and crew seeing the ocean.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Yeah the could end it on the scene where Eren asks if they'll be free if he kills all their enemies on the other side of the ocean (paraphrasing, I don't remember the actual quote haha).

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Anime people are not ready for Reiner's redemption. They are so in on hating shifters, but their story is so tragic.

I'm predicting a vague reveal of Marley with Gabi and Falco in the trenches by the end of the season finale.

Maybe, as an after credits stuff, but I'm 100% sure that the final shot will be Armin's hands holding a shell

Oct 25, 2017
Anime people are not ready for Reiner's redemption. They are so in on hating shifters, but their story is so tragic.
Reiner is so unthreatening at this point, it's like beating up a puppy now. I will admit it's nice seeing that he's A) highly remorseful to the point of suicide and B) still a nice person. I wonder how the anime crowd will view Punished Eren.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I have said it before and will say it again, if Falco didn't exist Gabi would be much more palatable.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sasha was on borrowed time. She was supposed to die a long time ago, but the mangaka saw she was popular and delayed it.

At least we got some good chapters as a result. The stuff at the dinner party was fantastic
That's lame if he did that. He shouldn't be looking to see whose popular and whose not, that's one of the things I love about AoT, there is a feeling of uneasyness.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got around to reading 117, and omg, so glad i didn't read anyones takes from last month.

That was one of the best manga chapters of all time.

Reiner v Eren will go down as one of the best feuds in history

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching today's episode

Zeke: "Someday, I'm coming back to rescue you!"

That parallel with last month's chapter. Goddamnit why is this manga so good.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017

this would have been fantastic

imagine how people would react to seeing tank mode cart titan out of nowhere lol