• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
So has Isayama talked about Eren's fire berserk mode in S1? That still stands out to me as such a flashy unusual departure for a show that mostly sticks pretty close to the manga.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for the fucking panels where Annie is running towards the wall with Bert and Reiner on her shoulders with a gang of titans behind her are animated.

PUNISHED TRIO HYPE AF

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
D9QfLjzVUAACbLR.jpg:large

When they get that next episode and Eren Kruger talks about Mikasa and Armin its gonna be fucking wild man lol. Its the reason I put this image in the thread so atleast they can refer back to it easier when the Attack titan fuckery happens

Oct 25, 2017
D9QfLjzVUAACbLR.jpg:large

When they get that next episode and Eren Kruger talks about Mikasa and Armin its gonna be fucking wild man lol. Its the reason I put this image in the thread so atleast they can refer back to it easier when the Attack titan fuckery happens
Well this connects the first episode better. I think at the time and even during my rewatch I never realized he was waking up from most likely seeing a bunch of Grisha memories, probably even some Kruger memories as well. I still think Eren Kruger talking about Armin and Mikasa is some Terminator shit.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Well this connects the first episode better. I think at the time and even during my rewatch I never realized he was waking up from most likely seeing a bunch of Grisha memories, probably even some Kruger memories as well. I still think Eren Kruger talking about Armin and Mikasa is some Terminator shit.

Considering the title is to you in 2000 years. Eren probably saw something from all the way in the beginning and in the future because he says to mikasa how did your hair get so long. Meaning he probably saw Future Mikasa with the shorter hair because younger Mikasa had long hair in every piece of time we have seen her before they went into the military.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
You in 2000 Years alludes (to me) to the beginning of the entire picture when Ymir made the deal with the devil. That was around 1900 years ago right? Give or take?

So yeah, from then til a time that has yet to be seen for us. I'm guessing from that time til the last scene in this manga, it will have been 2000 years.

Which is crazy to think Isayama planned it to be that way. Pretty cool

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
So what if the devil Ymir made a deal with is actually Punished Eren after he gets all the titan powers

He gives them to Ymir through Paths and thus it's a closed loop so no more titans after Eren gives them up and everyone is happy

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017

I had forgotten that part happens now.
That namedrop/"whose memories are these" would be a crazy cliffhanger for the seaon.
But the ocean/seashell is more fitting, I suppose.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Oh, polygon...

Btw, they are discussing fuck ups in the anime compared to manga, and I can't get over the fact that they omitted a scene where Mikasa's mother is putting an Azumabito clan tattoo on Mikasa. It will just come out of nowhere when anime gets to that point. Some early flashback would be welcome.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, polygon...

Btw, they are discussing fuck ups in the anime compared to manga, and I can't get over the fact that they omitted a scene where Mikasa's mother is putting an Azumabito clan tattoo on Mikasa. It will just come out of nowhere when anime gets to that point. Some early flashback would be welcome.
That's probably gonna be a flashback later, like the details w/ the Marley recruitment just now.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
If I remember well, it's not exactly omitted, but somewhat altered... I think they changed it from a tattoo to... some embroidered piece of cloth? Not sure why they did that.

Oct 25, 2017
How much did the anime gloss over? I know the anime skips over some Hange and Levi stuff so I guess I have to reread from the beginning and deal with Isayama's prehistoric art work during that time frame.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Like, yeah, of fucking course the series is very much "military is fucked up but also it's the best thing ever and we owe everything to them and they should rule over everything" and of fucking course Isayama has several shit views, that ain't no secret

but damn, that Pixis stuff, and wow, the "inspiration for the manga"

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
There are some aspects of that article I can kinda agree with, but also somethings that are just dumb or wrong.

Namely the ideas that the military in AOT is worshiped, or leadership isn't questioned.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
There are some aspects of that article I can kinda agree with, but also somethings that are just dumb or wrong.

Namely the ideas that the military in AOT is worshiped, or leadership isn't questioned.

The military and the leadership is questioned all the time. They will kill and depose leaders they don't like in this manga/show lmao.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Finally found this thread lol. Due to the current discussion in the anime thread, I was reminded of a thought I once had.

In the picture with "Ymir" and "The Devil" it never explicitly says which one is which. Since we know that the girl is referred to as Christa in the picture, it could be that the monster was Ymir, and the fruit was offered to Ymir as a way to appear as a human.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I did wonder if perhaps it went against one of those weird Japanese TV codes... but surely, we've seen teens sporting tattoos in Japanese TV series before?

Yeah Radiant was airing at like 4:30pm on a Saturday on a public channel and had a main character with a couple of tattoos for example. And it was aimed at actual kids.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
I did wonder if perhaps it went against one of those weird Japanese TV codes... but surely, we've seen teens sporting tattoos in Japanese TV series before?

Careful though: that's only said in the TV series, not in the manga.
Manga around chapter 50. After the clash of titans arc
bhySsJ5.png

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Manga around chapter 50. After the clash of titans arc
I know. Again, while the TV series has Frieda explicitly call that girl in the book "Krista", that page you just showed doesn't quite do that. It could also mean that Historia based the "Krista" character/role she was ordered to play on that girl in the book (i.e. she tried to act like her, as Frieda once advised).
Rod is the one who gave her that "Krista" name, remember. And it seems pretty damn clear that the book she was reading with Frieda was about Ymir Fritz.

Basically, my point is that the way it was worded in the manga, there were two possible interpretations, and the one the TV staff picked when they changed Frieda's dialogue makes less sense. So I think they just fucked up, there.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It helps in the imaginary though that the girl in the book isn't Ymir at all, the 'devil' in that image is Ymir and the devil is Krista who gives her the power to turn into a human.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
It helps in the imaginary though that the girl in the book isn't Ymir at all, the 'devil' in that image is Ymir and the devil is Krista who gives her the power to turn into a human.
I'll admit I hadn't considered the possibility of that kind of switcheroo until it was brought up in this thread, but I'm not sure I see that working.
It would mean that either the characters who know that story (Grisha's father, for one) are fully aware of the fact the monster in that picture was Ymir and the girl was the "Devil of All Earth" (so the joke would strictly be on us readers), or they aren't and history somehow got that distorted at some point...
I don't know. As of right now, I wouldn't put my money on that theory, personally.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit I hadn't considered the possibility of that kind of switcheroo until it was brought up in this thread, but I'm not sure I see that working.
It would mean that either the characters who know that story (Grisha's father, for one) are fully aware of the fact the monster in that picture was Ymir and the girl was the "Devil of All Earth" (so the joke would strictly be on us readers), or they aren't and history somehow got that distorted at some point...
I don't know. As of right now, I wouldn't put my money on that theory, personally.
We have seen three versions of the story: the Marley version, the Grisha version and the Frieda version. The Marley version where the 'Devil' is drawn as a real devil, the Grisha version that are stick figures and the Frieda version that is nicely drawn like the Marley version, but with a clear Titan instead of the Devil. It wouldn't be weird for only the Frieda version containing the full truth, Marley doesn't care about the correct representation and Grisha couldn't read the ancient language in which the book was written.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe these allegations against Isayama. Just because something happens doesn't mean he thinks it would be the best thing to happen in the real world. Almost every fucked up thing in the manga has its dark side or its terrible consequences depicted.

It's like those criticizing GRR Martin over bullshit issues with his writing. I mean just take a look at a few interviews on Youtube. I'm no « cult of personality » defender, but on top of being a genius writer he seems like a genuinely good human being, giving nuanced, detailed and logical answers to every journalist's stupid question.

I wish the Japanese gave more interviews like this so western media could stop generalizing every issue to everything, while most of the time demonstrating their own awfulness.

shergal

Oct 25, 2017
We also got Kruger's remark that "some people believe Ymir Fritz made contact with the source of all organic matter", which is thrown into the conversation in a way that makes it seem like it's going to end up being the true story, knowing how Isayama likes to write. And I'm almost sure that Kruger got that from Xaver's titan research, since I'm pretty sure Xaver was the infiltrated doctor that helped him falsify his records and stuff.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Okay I just re-read the first chapter again. Okay who do we think said see you later Eren to him in his dream/memory?

I'm gonna say that it was Ymir/ Origin of the Eldian people

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Anime onlyers fighting over best girl when best girl is an honorary Marleyan that usually walks on all fours

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
True.

But shitting on Mikasa like that, I couldn't resist putting Kojima there. At least I didn't write "words and deeds", it would be too much, lol.

Last edited:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking of ending credits scenes they could do for the end of this season if they did do one.

what would each of you find suitable as one? (Probably not going to happen, since WIT isn't doing it anymore, but still fun)

I feel like showing Gabi and Falco in Marley, maybe Colt, too.
All of a sudden, Falco goes to help a wounded Mr. Kruger. Lol

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking of ending credits scenes they could do for the end of this season if they did do one.

what would each of you find suitable as one? (Probably not going to happen, since WIT isn't doing it anymore, but still fun)

Just Falco and the bird flying. Absolutely stay awar from Mr Kruger, or anything after that first battle.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Okay I got it. What if the final scene is not of the Marley stuff but to the Future Look of Badass Eren with his man-bun and open shirt with the shouts of the crowd behind him "Dedicate your Hearts! Dedicate Your Hearts! Dedicate Your Hearts you Eren Yaegar!!!"

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They probably won't do one at all if it's true that this is WIT's last season with the show.

Oct 27, 2017
Eren: I wonder, if we kill all of our enemies across the sea ... will we be free?

*camera pans over the ocean, zooms over to Marley*

Willy Tybur: Not yet, eh?

(yeah most likely nothing's going to be animated, timeskip and different place and all)