• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the people trashing the Cart Titan to see this shit for the first time:
f5b08c20c00bfa2ad1894ee1161506e3eafbf675_00.jpg

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
It is valid to ask whether the Cart Titan does have a special ability that Pieck is or isn't aware of.

shergal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the "ability" of the cart titan is its ridiculous endurance. Pieck said she hadn't turned back into a human for 2 entire months, just think about that!

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure the "ability" of the cart titan is its ridiculous endurance. Pieck said she hadn't turned back into a human for 2 entire months, just think about that!
I actually forgot about that haha.

I'm going to go absolutely nuts when Annie returns.
We have barely seen her dynamic with many characters from Marley other than the group sent to Paradis.

I want to see all the Pieck and Annie canon fan art

blonded

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't watched Seasons 1 & 2 since they aired so a bit hazy on some of the finer details but had a few questions:

1) Were Reiner, Bertholt, and Annie Eldians who volunteered to take on the Titan powers and become 'honorary Marleyans'? Why did Marley agree to send these kids? Were they hoping there would be some sort of military org they could infiltrate where no one would question their back story?

2) Why did Ymir choose Reiner & Bertholt over Christa anyway? Was she worshipped in Marley?

3) Is Paradis supposed to somewhat parallel Japan?

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they get the heavy hitters at Bones to animate the right eps I'm fine with this. Stuff like Deku vs Bakugo from last season looked great.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 soundtrack is out. So damn excited to get the full versions of some of these remixes

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
That "see you later Eren" panel from the first chapter is totally the last thing Eren sees as he dies, right?
So many things to take into account.
See you later, Eren...
Eren is crying.
Mikasa is probably the one saying it.
To You, in 2000 Years.
The image of the last panel and the caption.

Considering it all, it does point to Eren dying imo

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the last scene of Season 2. I hope they mirror that for the end of Season 3

"If we kill them all, does that mean we'll finally be free?"

Then the camera goes across the entire ocean to Marley and you get whatever tease you have for the next arc

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the last scene of Season 2. I hope they mirror that for the end of Season 3

"If we kill them all, does that mean we'll finally be free?"

Then the camera goes across the entire ocean to Marley and you get whatever tease you have for the next arc

And like 3 weeks after this Erwin is dead.
Erwin: "We're getting closer to the truth."
Life:
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody else in here immediately think of Punished Eren saying "fight, fight, fight" to himself in the mirror whenever young Eren says this?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And then Eren tried to choke her. Did Hange really call him a pervert or was that a mistranslation?
She called him a pervert since he technically grabbed onto a woman without her permission. She was trying to be her usual jokey self, but once she was by herself, wished that Erwin didn't make her the new commander since she's getting tired of all of the shit on her plate.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
She called him a pervert since he technically grabbed onto a woman without her permission. She was trying to be her usual jokey self, but once she was by herself, wished that Erwin didn't make her the new commander since she's getting tired of all of the shit on her plate.

Eren. Doesn't have time for jokes at the moment. He is a man with a plan and if you ain't useful for the plan fall back and dont get in his way lol.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
SO who of the main cast do ya folks predict is going to die next? Speaking as someone who hasn't read past this part in the manga o'course..!!

Levi and Sasha I believe are staying for the long haul. You can't kill the potato girl. You just can't.

Oh my sweet anime only member.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After last week's episode I decided to binge-read the rest of the manga. There was no way I was still going to wait years to find out what was going to happen next.That was actually pretty enjoyable, although I'll say I was thrown for a loop with how much time was spent on Reiner. The payoff was great but I wonder how that will play out for anime watchers that just want to know what's up with Eren and the gang. Gonna be several of episode of this stuff isn't it. And gotta say the manga got a massive upgrade in the quality of the art compared to what I remember it looking at the start.

Anyways, I don't really understand what's going on as far as character motivations go.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
After last week's episode I decided to binge-read the rest of the manga. There was no way I was still going to wait years to find out what was going to happen next.That was actually pretty enjoyable, although I'll say I was thrown for a loop with how much time was spent on Reiner. The payoff was great but I wonder how that will play out for anime watchers that just want to know what's up with Eren and the gang. Gonna be several of episode of this stuff isn't it. And gotta say the manga got a massive upgrade in the quality of the art compared to what I remember it looking at the start.

Anyways, I don't really understand what's going on as far as character motivations go.

So how much did new eren throw you for a loop

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Well I figured who he was almost immediately.

And is he really new, he still seems to be same ol' depressive Eren.
Instead of Hot anger Eren he is now Cold Calculating Eren that no one can figure out. He literally went from predictable in his actions to utterly unpredictable.

Also
tumblr_pg4u9uTVPq1snn6w7_400.png

DEDICATE YOUR HEARTS TO EREN YAEGER!!!!!!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
A friend of mine also said 'fuck this' and binge-read the manga after last week's episode. Now he's up to date and he seems to like it. Amusingly referred to Magath as "commander megadeath"

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I like to think if you have multiple titan powers and get the cart titan

your transform into a titan centaur 4 legs then a torso and upper body and arms and head 9n top at the front

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Sooo I was anime only but I got impatient and decided to read the manga. I finished episode 118 today.

What the fuck is even going on. I really wish I could read Eren's mind

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Sooo I was anime only but I got impatient and decided to read the manga. I finished episode 118 today.

What the fuck is even going on. I really wish I could read Eren's mind
You picked a good time to start reading. Probably the best time to start, actually.
Only Isayama knows what Eren is up to lol

Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest problem with the Female Titan arc is the amount of stamina Annie seems to have. She goes through a lot, gets skewered and then her Titan is eaten and I think like 10 minutes later she can use it again seemingly full powered. I guess this just foreshadows how well Eren will be able to use it during the Marley invasion.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can they really finish this thing in 20~ more anime episodes?

BTW what happens if the female titan goes to a guy? :P

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
This season adapted 18 chapters in 10 episodes, so 1.8 chapters per episode.

At this point there are 28 chapters to adapt (91-118) and the speculation is that the manga will end around the 130.

Let's say it ends in the chapter 132 then there will be 42 chapters to adapt = 23-24 episodes (2 cours) at this season pacing.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
By the way, today's episode was magnificently directed, better than the manga.