• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between the bloodbath at Trost, the massacre at the end of season two and the nigh destruction of the survey corps after season 3 I'm trying to figure out how the managed to keep getting bodies to throw at these battles because god damn. The attrition rate must be on WW1 levels.
Once they get Armin in the Colossus clearing the remaining titans becomes a billion times easier because you can scout for them.

Oct 25, 2017
Once they get Armin in the Colossus clearing the remaining titans becomes a billion times easier because you can scout for them.
I mean before even this happens. They weed a ton out before training even happens, they get through their training, get sorted and placed and they come in as raw recruits. They lost 199 at the end of season 3 so how did they even fill in the missing people after season 2 to throw bodies at the uprising battle and the retaking of wall Shinganshina. Like they lose a lot of people. You will never get this "Arigato" speech between Levi and Erwin. Mikasa poured her soul into it and Eren wasn't even phased by it.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean before even this happens. They weed a ton out before training even happens, they get through their training, get sorted and placed and they come in as raw recruits. They lost 199 at the end of season 3 so how did they even fill in the missing people after season 2 to throw bodies at the uprising battle and the retaking of wall Shinganshina. Like they lose a lot of people. You will never get this "Arigato" speech between Levi and Erwin. Mikasa poured her soul into it and Eren wasn't even phased by it.
Remember how the Military Police got the top 10 recruits each cycle? That's a ton of talent you can draft.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how the Military Police got the top 10 recruits each cycle? That's a ton of talent you can draft.
I guess, I'd almost want to see a numerical breakdown at this point. I guess if 500 sign up, 250 stay and 10/250 go to the MP's then that's 240 bodies right there for the meat grinder, maybe 40 survive the year tops and those are your veterans.

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently it looks like Rod picked up Historia right after Frieda died. If Grisha killed Frieda after Wall Maria fell it's the only thing that makes sense since he wanted to use her to take back the Founding Titan.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
And I'm still not entirely sure as to why Zeke was talking about "King Reiss" (rather than "King Fritz") when he was throwing boulders at the scouts.
Ok so that was just a mistake? Because I was seriously racking my brain trying to figure out when Zeke could've possibly gained intel of the royal family's name change, but kept coming up empty.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If a human head can supposedly remain conscious for a few seconds after it has been severed, I imagine a shifter's head could do it for a few minutes.

All Zeke has to do his catch his head and Eren can still do his command.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I love how Isayama has Armin foreshadow literally everything in the series lol
He's straight talking about Eren and doesn't even know it
4440-B4-B6-D626-4-C02-96-AC-0-CB56-E66-A90-E.jpg

77442-AA9-DFFD-4999-A583-07368-B82-DB81.jpg

q7fg7ubLfxphZvRP8teY8K-1024-80.jpg

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Ok so that was just a mistake? Because I was seriously racking my brain trying to figure out when Zeke could've possibly gained intel of the royal family's name change, but kept coming up empty.
Well, to me, it appears to be a mistake, anyway. But it wasn't corrected in the volume, nor in the TV series.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So I finally got a chance to read the new chapter

the biggest giveaway that this is Eren fuckery for me besides his magic pants is that Gabi came to rescue Falco and Colt on a horse despite clearly stating in ch. 109 that she never learned to ride one

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So I finally got a chance to read the new chapter

the biggest giveaway that this is Eren fuckery for me besides his magic pants is that Gabi came to rescue Falco and Colt on a horse besides clearly stating in 109 that she never learned to ride one

It's honestly just a mistake. Those pages were probably rushed as rumored and that fuckery doesn't work when half the enemy forces are incapable of being affected.

Mikasa and Levi should be immune too.

What's likelier is that Eren is going to pull a
Reiner and heal from his body as he moves his consciousness to his body or Eren's head is going to land in Zeke's hand and Eren does his plan in those last few moments of life that he has left. And then the next chapters are going to deal with those consequences and explain what Eren was trying to do as he pulls off a Lelouch.

The manga is supposed to end soon anyway and the anime did announce that next season was the last season so it may be closer to done than we think.

Last edited:

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's honestly just a mistake. Those pages were probably rushed as rumored and that fuckery doesn't work when half the enemy forces are incapable of being effected.

Mikasa and Levi should be immune too.

What's likelier is that Eren is going to pull a
Reiner and heal from his body as he moves his consciousness to his body or Eren's head is going to land in Zeke's hand and Eren does his plan in those last few moments of life that he has left. And then the next chapters are going to deal with those consequences and explain what Eren was trying to do as he pulls off a Lelouch.

The manga is supposed to end soon anyway and the anime did announce that next season was the last season so it may be closer to done than we think.
Do we know exactly how many chapters are left? Or if it will end on time for season 4 to start?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eren could also still be in the crystallized titan and had just made a remote Eren connected by a tiny strand we can't see, Warhammer style. We haven't seen him use that skill yet so it's possible he's been saving it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Might be good to note next month's chapter marks the 10th anniversary of Attack on Titan, so it is bound to be really important, especially as Isayama always uses the multiple of 10 chapters for his biggest mindfucks.

It's honestly just a mistake. Those pages were probably rushed as rumored and that fuckery doesn't work when half the enemy forces are incapable of being affected.

Isayama has already toyed with showing Eren scenes from the perspective of a biased bystander: Zeke. In Chapter 117, Zeke clearly sees Eren as emotional and happy that Zeke has arrived. On the other hand, the scenes before that show Eren as annoyed on the same. Chapter 119 shows Eren in 'Zeke' style.

Do we know exactly how many chapters are left? Or if it will end on time for season 4 to start?

It could be a FullMetal Alchemist situation where they end almost at the same moment. Brotherhood ended actually the month before the manga. I would expect that we could see the manga end around mid 2021.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Might be good to note next month's chapter marks the 10th anniversary of Attack on Titan, so it is bound to be really important, especially as Isayama always uses the multiple of 10 chapters for his biggest mindfucks
What were some examples of those mindfucks? Sorry I can't remember

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an exact reason why Eren can't tap into the memories of Frieda Reiss? Or he does and is very secretive about it?
most likely because he didn't inherit the king's will. those of royal blood get those memories much easier at the price of not being able to use their power against marley lol what a fluke

Oct 25, 2017
most likely because he didn't inherit the king's will. those of royal blood get those memories much easier at the price of not being able to use their power against marley lol what a fluke
Well that sucks. Having access to all of those secrets really would've helped. Though I guess having Frieda and Grisha arguing in your head 24/7 would drive a person insane.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

Their titan power is extremely overpowered so I dig how Isayama nerfed it. Otherwise, it's basically a "win" button.

Do we know why the king became a pacifist? And how Marley got hold of the other 7 titans when only Eldians can use them?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Their titan power is extremely overpowered so I dig how Isayama nerfed it. Otherwise, it's basically a "win" button.

Do we know why the king became a pacifist? And how Marley got hold of the other 7 titans when only Eldians can use them?
I feel like we're going to get either an Ymir and/or Karl Fritz flashback before the end of this manga.
I mean, we are pretty much at the cusp of the endgame during this battle so I'm sure one chapter of exposition will come up.

Maybe when the contact is made between them?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still wondering if we're gonna reach a point where Eren's memories "end" and the story focuses on the person that inherited the Attack Titan.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we're going to get either an Ymir and/or Karl Fritz flashback before the end of this manga.
I mean, we are pretty much at the cusp of the endgame during this battle so I'm sure one chapter of exposition will come up.

Maybe when the contact is made between them?

Yeah we're definitely due for a story dump chapter. There's gotta be a good reason for the Tybur family's betrayal and why King Fritz just said fuck it and didn't wipe Marley clean. Even 8 vs 1, he could have turned the tides almost instantly with his powers.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I thought September was the 10th anniversary?

True, I could be counting wrong. Which means we have room for two chapters of mindfuck.

What were some examples of those mindfucks? Sorry I can't remember

110: Zackley blown up, Eren escapes, Pieck is already in town
100: Eren attacks Liberio
090: The sea
080: The suicide charge and death of Erwin
070: Beast beats Armored
050: The coordinate.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
True, I could be counting wrong. Which means we have room for two chapters of mindfuck.

110: Zackley blown up, Eren escapes, Pieck is already in town
100: Eren attacks Liberio
090: The sea
080: The suicide charge and death of Erwin
070: Beast beats Armored
050: The coordinate.
Oh so that's what you meant. Yeah wow.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wow I have no words. This is the 🐐-tier run that I can remember in fiction, starting from return to shaginshima arc, marley, and now this. I really hope Isayama ends this well and this doesn't turn into Evangelion.
Still wondering if we're gonna reach a point where Eren's memories "end" and the story focuses on the person that inherited the Attack Titan.
Gabbi will wake up from a nightmare looking up at the sky.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I'm watching that arc now. He gets name dropped in season 2, yet knowing the anime thread it would still be a spoiler.

Falco, bruh just fucking eat me!!.
Porco: "You don't even deserve this dignity. I'll feed myself to Falco because you being picked as a warrior dishonors my brother.
A mod edited one of my posts because I straight up said the people within the walls would've been screwed if there was an extra person to help Bert, Annie and Reiner, which got negated because he got eaten. That thread gets really weird at times.
If it wasn't a spoiler, the anime thread would post it, not a manga reader.

Oct 25, 2017
If it wasn't a spoiler, the anime thread would post it, not a manga reader.
This is operating under the assumption that people remember his name being dropped. Sometimes I swear certain things get labeled as spoilers because people legit forgot stuff that was brought up a season ago. And that's just the anime thread, don't get me started on the Toonami thread where you have people forgetting who Erwin Smith was.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
People talking about hairstyles after the timeskip in the anime thread and I still think not giving Jean a mohawk for bonus horse-ness was a wasted opportunity

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Came across this in that thread about walking like a raptor and this killed me, real life Pieck!

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I've finally caught up to the latest chapter... I was doing episode first followed by relevant adapted chapters after the second half of season 3 premiered. So, I just went beyond the finale point and consumed I guess 2 years of material over the past week and my mind is overwhelmed. The first few chapters beyond where season 3 ended were so fucking great. I loved seeing action from the perspective of those in the interment zone. I actually feel bad for Reiner now... WHAT THE FUCK. The battle in Liberio was glorius. I'm a bit iffy on evil Eren and all the twists and turns since then, but more recently it's been freaking great since Pieck pulled Gabi out and the battle started.

And yo... We need an update on Levi.

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've finally caught up to the latest chapter... I was doing episode first followed by relevant adapted chapters after the second half of season 3 premiered. So, I just went beyond the finale point and consumed I guess 2 years of material over the past week and my mind is overwhelmed. The first few chapters beyond where season 3 ended were so fucking great. I loved seeing action from the perspective of those in the interment zone. I actually feel bad for Reiner now... WHAT THE FUCK. The battle in Liberio was glorius. I'm a bit iffy on evil Eren and all the twists and turns since then, but more recently it's been freaking great since Pieck pulled Gabi out and the battle started.

And yo... We need an update on Levi.
So much this. I would like to think Hange wouldn't have rescued a corpse.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? Eren is an asshole that deserves it.

I still think he's playing a long con and hasn't gone full evil but even so, Gabi's just too annoying for words.

It's clear the author knows how much people hate her though so at this point i'm expecting her to become the hero somehow as one final middle finger to us.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still think he's playing a long con and hasn't gone full evil but even so, Gabi's just too annoying for words.

It's clear the author knows how much people hate her though so at this point i'm expecting her to become the hero somehow as one final middle finger to us.
She will eat Eren at the end and be the main character in Attack on Titan: Shippuden, sequel series.