• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Levi promised Erwin that he'd take Zeke out so I feel that Levi has to do it personally and what better way than to eat him.

Plus it comes with the irony that Zeke is forever part of Levi.

If Levi is done then there's no reason to bring him back right now.
Can Ackermans even turn into titans?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can Ackermans even turn into titans?
It's one of the biggest unknowns since we still know so little about Ackerman origins and how Eldian they are.

BUT we now have a lot more evidence that they can likely become titans. Mikasa is likely less "pure Eldian"(due to her mother's ancestry) than Levi is and even she experienced Eren's announcement like the rest of them. Means that the Ackermans are truly subjects of Ymir and can likely titanize as well.

ZKC7iak.jpg

Also, I'm starting to feel like Hange will have Levi eat Pieck if she gets a chance. She's acting coy now but she has a badass/cruel streak when she needs it.

Cart would also fit Levi really well since he would be stronger in human form no matter what he inherits.

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It's one of the biggest unknowns since we still know so little about Ackerman origins and how "Eldian" they are.

BUT we now have a lot more evidence that they can likely become titans. Mikasa is likely less "pure Eldian"(due to her mother's ancestry) than Levi is and even she experienced Eren's announcement like the rest of them. Means that the Ackermans are truly subjects of Ymir and can likely titanize as well.

ZKC7iak.jpg

Also, I'm starting to feel like Hange will have Levi eat Pieck if she gets a chance. She's acting coy now but she has a badass/cruel streak when she needs it.

Cart would also fit Levi really well since he would be stronger in human form no matter what he inherits.

I feel like Zeke would make for the better option. I think she's looking to ally with the Marleyans.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Zeke would make for the better option. I think she's looking to ally with the Marleyans.
We'll have to see. Zeke isn't an option right now in the sense that nobody knows where he is. Pieck is right there, is likely weak from all the action, and Hange knows how to disable her if she wants to. It's just not looking good for Pieck at the moment, but she could be of some value otherwise to Hange so maybe she'll live.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Um, the solution here is pretty easy. Convince Pieck to have Levi eat her ad then just have Levi kill all the titans. Done deal.

Mikasa can deal with the Yaegerists who try to stop it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When do the chapters for this come out? Is it at the beginning of the month like most monthly series or the middle like DB Super?

Oct 27, 2017
Official release is the 9th every month (in Japan). So typically in the US the chapter drops around the 8th.

Spoilers / leaks and unofficial typesets drop like 3-4 days before that though usually.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Chapter is out and it was great as usual

Yep, we're in the endgame now.

Oct 27, 2017
Well then.

At least now people should be convinced that Eren is the final bad guy of the series and not in some morally gray "well he had no choice" sense.

Floch was an inch away from death again. He can't keep getting away with it

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So this is where the story is going huh

giphy.gif

The sooner this ends the better at this point.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
You really think this is going to end on a happy ending while everyone is kumebaya...honestly i expect the allience to go horribly wrong and Eren to win

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Armin and Connie just happening to run into Annie was a little ehh but otherwise great chapter. At this point I'm wondering what the hell they can actually do to stop Eren, I feel like at this point he's too far gone for the Power of Friendship speech to work

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it can't be Eren considering he's Titan and it was stated this chapter that Zeke is with Eren so I don't it was either of them.
Hange was just speculating about Zeke's location, I don't think she actually knows anything.

Honestly I've assumed for the last few chapters that Zeke is just dead now. He was right there literally holding Eren's head as he transformed into the founding titan

Oct 27, 2017
Hange was just speculating about Zeke's location, I don't think she actually knows anything.

Honestly I've assumed for the last few chapters that Zeke is just dead now. He was right there literally holding Eren's head as he transformed into the founding titan
Hange might be on to something.

It wouldn't make sense for such a big character to die off-screen and Levi has been going on and on about killing Zeke. If he is indeed dead that makes the point of the SC - Marley alliance moot.

So he is probably alive, but if he was still in Shiganshina he should have been found by now. He either ran off on his own or fused with Eren in his weird boney dinosaur titan and Eren took him along to have access to the founder's power.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
You really think this is going to end on a happy ending while everyone is kumebaya...honestly i expect the allience to go horribly wrong and Eren to win

That would be a great twist.

I mean it can't be Eren considering he's Titan and it was stated this chapter that Zeke is with Eren so I don't it was either of them.

How and why would Zeke, let alone Eren, casually occupy a room inside the stronghold of the yeagerists? Without anyone noticing they're there too.

The silhouette has a very round head so I'm willing to bet it's just Shadis

Both Eren and Zeke are MIA. It has been a night, they haven't been seen in ages. And aside from Historia, are there any significant characters left?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So he is probably alive, but if he was still in Shiganshina he should have been found by now. He either ran off on his own or fused with Eren in his weird boney dinosaur titan and Eren took him along to have access to the founder's power.
Interesting point.
You don't think if he was gonna do that he would have just consumed Zeke right there?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, this is exactly what I wanted, reluctant teamups to stop Eren. Can't wait for the next few chapters.

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting point.
You don't think if he was gonna do that he would have just consumed Zeke right there?
I don't know if the titan rules have changed now that Eren won founder Ymir's favor, but normally it should be the case that you need a titan of royal blood in order to have access to the founding titan. If Eren consumed Zeke he would just inherit the beast but Eren has no royal blood to trigger the founder power on his own. He would likely need to be in contact with a (living) Zeke in order to use the power in full, and commanding the colossal titans 24/7 probably means he needs to be in founding titan mode all the time.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if the titan rules have changed now that Eren won founder Ymir's favor, but normally it should be the case that you need a titan of royal blood in order to have access to the founding titan. If Eren consumed Zeke he would just inherit the beast but Eren has no royal blood to trigger the founder power on his own. He would likely need to be in contact with a (living) Zeke in order to use the power in full, and commanding the colossal titans 24/7 probably means he needs to be in founding titan mode all the time.
Good point. I mean you would imagine the royal blood line requirement no longer matters since Eren broke the chains and seemingly gained Ymir's power for himself, but who really knows.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Based on the silhouette I would say it's a man. I think kitsune was right and it's Shadis but assuming it is him, I don't understand why Isayama would need to hide his figure.
Yeah, i dont think its shadis. It wouldnt make any sense to hide is figure. He's been prominently shown in the past chapters.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter is so corny but I'm down with that.

I really hope Eren's plan wasn't to unite everyone against him, that'd be disappointing

I thought the person watching would be Zeke but I honestly have no idea. Can Eren even turn human anymore?

Last edited:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Cheesy chapter but I enjoyed the fan fiction-ness of it. The last page is some fast and the furious shit lol.

I really do hope Eren's plan isn't "unite the world against me!" or else it would be pretty disappointing considering how standard and cliche it is, especially after years of exciting surprises.

Whatever it is, I want Eren to "win".

Also, someone please kill Floch.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
There's only three options at this point:

1) Eren is Lelouch and this was part of his plan

2) Eren is Hitler and his friends+allies kill him to save the world which he didn't see coming

3)Eren is Hitler and his friend+allies fail to save the world and he succeeds in killing everyone else

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I really buy that taking down Eren would solve the underlying issue of ethnic tension. Not that I'm against endings which point to a cycle of violence but I'd have to suspend my disbelief pretty hard if I'm expected to believe the entire world isn't going to just destory Paradis once Eren's out of the picture.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Solid chapter

but man that last is that last panel absolute cringe: "Get up Reiner, we're going to save the world"

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I really buy that taking down Eren would solve the underlying issue of ethnic tension. Not that I'm against endings which point to a cycle of violence but I'd have to suspend my disbelief pretty hard if I'm expected to believe the entire world isn't going to just destory Paradis once Eren's out of the picture.

Yeah, if anything, it would make the Eldians even more hated and the rest of the world would seek to completely eradicate them.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The issue with solutions like the Zero Requiem and what Eren's plan may or may not be is that they get part of the problem right but don't follow through on it.

What Lelouch/Eren are is what Hobbes calls the Leviathan but it's not enough for Lelouch/Eren to scare the world to unite in one moment and then they can die. It will not last very long.

If they actually want to to unite mankind, they actually have to stick around.

I hate to say this but Sasuke Uchiha's plan at the end of Naruto is more realistic than Lelouch and Eren's plan.

8bad9f7e565c8321265b737f4a43e640815d7c26_hq.jpg

main-qimg-5bc787bb86193ee512e90c8eb8e01436

main-qimg-4a246781ea57c7b82c92113766d819d9

The reason is that Sasuke Uchiha planned to achieve immortality and stick around to unite the world with his constant presence.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
interesting. A somewhat calm chapter. Annie was hungry as hell like Sasha... Sigh.

Seems like they really are ggoingg the Eren is the bad guy route. I am haooy about this cause whatever Eren is planning is not the way to do it. I am still wondering how Historia is involved in this and when Flush will die.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Cheesy chapter but I enjoyed the fan fiction-ness of it. The last page is some fast and the furious shit lol.

I really do hope Eren's plan isn't "unite the world against me!" or else it would be pretty disappointing considering how standard and cliche it is, especially after years of exciting surprises.

Whatever it is, I want Eren to "win".

Also, someone please kill Floch.

giphy.gif

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
God Lord this shit is about to get lit.

Eren - Attack, Founding, War Hammer & Ymir (& Beast?)
and the rumbling boys

vs

Annie - Female
Reiner - Armored
Armin - Colossal
Falco - Jaw
Piek - Cart
Mikasa, Levi
and the rest of the gang

I honestly don't know who to side with but I'm pretty confident we aint getting a happy ending either way.
I'm feeling like Eren might lose but in the end he'll say the magic words "She can't be stopped anymore" (cue Tumbing Down!)

Floch's character development is something alright. Dude has crazy plot armor too.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
first chapter I didn't like. Pacing was way too quick where as the two chapters before that were way too slow.

It's like Ishiyama noticed that he doesn't have much time anymore and has to rush some development.