• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I still laugh my ass off when I remember that one guy saying Erwin is sure to be safe in the next arc because he doesn't have an arm. LOL

Beast titan about to become the next most hated villain in anime.

I've hated Zeke ever since that scene. Thought he was fully on Marley's side, then after the battle of Liberio I got a bit surprised and thought "oh he was playing the long con the entire time", but still something was not sitting right in me about him. Last two chapters confirmed my fears, he's still a POS and probably the endgame antagonist. There's no way Levi is not blading the fuck out of him once he sees him again.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the reactions will be once it gets to the tease shown during the credits lol.
I can't wait to read the reactions to people witnessing Armin getting scorched.
Beast titan about to become the next most hated villain in anime.

I've hated Zeke ever since that scene. Thought he was fully on Marley's side, then after the battle of Liberio I got a bit surprised and thought "oh he was playing the long con the entire time", but still something was not sitting right in me about him. Last two chapters confirmed my fears, he's still a POS and probably the endgame antagonist. There's no way Levi is not blading the fuck out of him once he sees him again.
*Runs Zeke through"
"FOR ERWIN-SAMAAAAAA!!!!"

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have a uncomfortable feeling Levi is going to get killed by Zeke, adding more to the man's fuckery. Isayama has a habit of pulling something over you right when you feel like you got what you wanted. Or Levi kills him which causes something worse to happen.

But it's certain right now that
1. Zeke is endgame villain
2. Less likely, Eren becomes the final villain

I'm with you kitsune, I've always thought Zeke was a piece of shit, and I never wavered from that despite the "alliance". Pretty sure I even posted this gif in regards to him

908.gif

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I'd be so fucking mad if Zeke killed Levi. Like, I can see Levi die before the end, but Zeke being the one to kill him would be infuriating lol

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It would be killer if Levi was on the verge of killing Zeke, but is backstabbed by Eren or Historia.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I figure even at best Zeke is his own side that COULD align with your side but may not be for the best. He probably does want to restore Eldia, but under his total control or what he thinks is best no matter who it hurts to get there.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Punished Eren wants Armin to act like Armin, not a soft ass timid punk like he's been since he got the Titan powers.
I guess Bertoldt put too much bitch into him. Though with how the passed memories of users influence a person how much of Eren is even in Eren anymore? It already got hella weird when the Owl in the past was getting some sort of memory feedback loop from Eren.

I dont understand this thought. He is obviously being influenced by Bertoldt because he go to see Annie, however, the opponents they were fighting aren't the same as mystery Titans.

Armin always wanted a dialogue, but understood they couldn't get that because of the difference in knowledge and power between them and Marley/the world before he became the colossus.

So his "Armin you grown soft" and some here just accepting it makes no sense and is wrong honestly. Everything Armin did was in defense and with the thought that humanity was on the brink of extinction.

Maybe it is Bertoldt, but it sounds to me that Armin just adapted and is more empathetic towards others who are stuck in between with no escape, just like they were.

On the 2nd, why are we trusting Eren here? His vague "I am free" just tells me he does anything he want to regardless of consequences, honestly I dont think he cares about protecting Eldians.

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta love Eren <3 great chapter

Only question that interests me is if he cut the relationship with Armin/Mikasa to protect them in the long run

Zeke is a mystery to me, honestly thought he'd want to help Paradis, but maybe his definition of help is to get rid of all the ruling military?

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand this thought. He is obviously being influenced by Bertoldt because he go to see Annie, however, the opponents they were fighting aren't the same as mystery Titans.

Armin always wanted a dialogue, but understood they couldn't get that because of the difference in knowledge and power between them and Marley/the world before he became the colossus.

So his "Armin you grown soft" and some here just accepting it makes no sense and is wrong honestly. Everything Armin did was in defense and with the thought that humanity was on the brink of extinction.

Maybe it is Bertoldt, but it sounds to me that Armin just adapted and is more empathetic towards others who are stuck in between with no escape, just like they were.

On the 2nd, why are we trusting Eren here? His vague "I am free" just tells me he does anything he want to regardless of consequences, honestly I dont think he cares about protecting Eldians.
Just because I joke about something doesn't mean I'm fully in agreement with it. I'm #TeamArmin. I think he visits Annie because he actually did seem to like Annie, also I'm not in agreement with Eren's shit at all and I do think he's being influenced by something.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

How does it not make sense? Armin was proactive when things were happening thorughout the entire series when now he is "lets see what happens" mode, which is not his character at all. It's like Bertolt. I don't know how they can make it more obvious at this point? Guy was always making moves, here he's done absolutely nothing for 2 arcs.

Punished Eren is a dick, but he is right about Armin. Regarding Mikasa, I think there is some truth and lies in his stories. The idea that he never cared for her at all sounds bullshit and if Isayama were to go that route without Eren being completely brainwashed would be poor writing that doesn't make sense.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Just because I joke about something doesn't mean I'm fully in agreement with it. I'm #TeamArmin. I think he visits Annie because he actually did seem to like Annie, also I'm not in agreement with Eren's shit at all and I do think he's being influenced by something.
But he never really shows any affection towards Annie before becoming a Titan.

Oct 25, 2017
But he never really shows any affection towards Annie before becoming a Titan.
But she was actually always pretty nice to him. I'd like to think she spared his life all those times as the Female Titan for a reason, also I think when it comes to people Armin isn't the most proactive. Bertoldt and him are probably just in sync with that and the end result is Armin popping up randomly to visit Annie. Maybe I'm just reading too much into how the anime adapted it.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
For whatever are Eren's true intentions, he is being supported by Historia to the point that she got pregnant for this plan.

He may be crazy, but she is not, so yeah I think that at the end Eren will not be made a fool by Zeke.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
But she was actually always pretty nice to him. I'd like to think she spared his life all those times as the Female Titan for a reason, also I think when it comes to people Armin isn't the most proactive. Bertoldt and him are probably just in sync with that and the end result is Armin popping up randomly to visit Annie. Maybe I'm just reading too much into how the anime adapted it.
None of that changes that he didn't like her until he became the new Colossus Titan.

"She spared my life while mercilessly murdering all my friends and comrades"
* blushes

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
And even then, she could have very well spared him because of her feelings for Armin's best friend.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
How does it not make sense? Armin was proactive when things were happening thorughout the entire series when now he is "lets see what happens" mode, which is not his character at all. It's like Bertolt. I don't know how they can make it more obvious at this point? Guy was always making moves, here he's done absolutely nothing for 2 arcs.

Punished Eren is a dick, but he is right about Armin. Regarding Mikasa, I think there is some truth and lies in his stories. The idea that he never cared for her at all sounds bullshit and if Isayama were to go that route without Eren being completely brainwashed would be poor writing that doesn't make sense.

It sounds more like he's sub-consciously has always hated Mikasa but couldn't figure out why and there was a mix of brotherly love there before too.

But once he found out the truth, it all clicked for him and he sees that Mikasa is a slave and he hates people enslaved to people.

Now he just sees their relationship as slave and slaveowner and he doesn't want a slave. Plus he hates the idea that someone is a slave for him.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It sounds more like he's sub-consciously has always hated Mikasa but couldn't figure out why and there was a mix of brotherly love there before too.

But once he found out the truth, it all clicked for him and he sees that Mikasa is a slave and he hates people enslaved to people.

Now he just sees their relationship as slave and slaveowner and he doesn't want a slave. Plus he hates the idea that someone is a slave for him.
Don't know if I can buy that. Do I buy that he may hate that aspect of her personality? Sure.. I guess. Not that he would hate her. Those 2 are his main love since his mom got cut in 2, he cares more for them than anything else. We saw with Annie that he couldn't handle/believe the betrayal in season 1, and then in season 2 how hard it hurt him. This isn't a guy that takes his close relationships that loosely, and that was with people who aren't as close as Armin or Mikasa.

He's either being manipulated by Freedom Titan, playing 4D chess, or being manipulated by Zeke.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

Just to reiterate on this. Since the reader has the benefit of being omniscient, it clearly shows that Armin was incredibly idealistic and naive while dealing with Marley.

I do think his perspective would have been more reasonable for a reader to digest if we didn't have adventures in Marleyland.

100% agreeance on the MIkasa bit as well.

Last edited:

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Eren saying Armin is affected by memories when Eren himself has eaten multiple titans is laughably transparent. Clearly Eren is affected by it as well. Armin is right, Eren's more of a slave than any of them.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Re-reading the chapter, that moment where he orders Mikasa to put her hands back on the table is really a 'Would you kindly' moment. That needs to be a big reveal in the anime.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
So this is the "tame" version and not the dark one the author was planning huh ?

This is what I ask myself every time a new chapter comes out, wow.

I am constantly surprised by Eren and what Isayama is doing with him, just really good on all fronts.
That Eren take-down was vicious but at the same time, I'm really looking forward to how Mikasa will act now.

So, can we assume that Erwin is to Levi what Eren is supposedly to Mikasa? If so, I wonder about Levi's decision to save Armin over Erwin, I guess respecting Erwin's final wishes and giving him rest superseded the instinct to save his life? Or maybe what Eren was saying about the imprint thing is nonsense told to him by Zeke, I don't know.

And that final bit with Zeke and Levi, man really gotta feel for the dude...again everyone around him brutally eliminated. I still feel like Levi could quite easily rush up on Zeke even if surrounded by titans idk

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Lets not forget about Eren's dream and saying goodbye to Mikasa.
Maybe we're seeing that begin to come to fruition

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
The Cart titan seems to be gendered too. Pieck is a woman but the Titan shape is male.
All the Titans other than female go for asexual/masculine (mainly through developed musculature and lack of breasts, and men sometimes retaining body hair) so it's more that "lack of blatant female traits = male" than actively being masculine.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The cautionary tale of Greg, the male Titan who ate the Female Titan and ended up with only sentience and manboobs to show for it"

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers are out and
mah boy Levi DESTROYED Zeke, next chapter seems to be Zeke's flashback