• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So I just read the new chapter and I just had to say, that was SO satisfying. This manga is quality.
I knew Levi was going to take Zeke to school, whew.

Man, it's suffering being Levi even still. I really don't want him to die but I'm still scared for him and Hange.
And of course, I expect Zeke will probably worm his way out of this somehow.

The Erwin, Hange, Levi trio remains my fave...if everything else goes to hell, can we just get somewhat okay ends for Hange and Levi please ;-;
Levi's friends tend to die, Erwin died, several of his crews died so I'm not optimistic for Hange even if she did survive a nuke so who knows. I'm hoping Levi and Hange can retire together on a farm, but that's not happening.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
did this man just throw skull fragments of a titan's head he just crushed in his hand at Levi?
my gawd
zeke was as shook as can be when he realized levi had caught up to him.

the most overhyped titan shifter just went 0/3 with levi.
levi remaining the best SnK character still. i always wonder if Isayama will make him less likable or if he will just all out ruin the character somehow, but he is still number 1 to this day.

we about to see a war ya'll. a flashback and then a fucking war

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'mma be mad too if y'all don't keep the impressions in tags this time D:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got me again Isayama

200.gif

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
The last pages of the chapter are out.

We're going to spend a whole month trying to guess how badly hurt Levi is.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Full chapter is out.

Levi at the minimum lost a limb from the look of it, he's jacked up but not likely to be dead. He may be out of commission for fighting though, depending on the extent of the damage.

Zeke's backstory is really effed and does give us some pretty good insight into his reasoning for doing what he's doing, but I'm not sure why Eren would follow along with it unless we're missing a whole lot still.

Oct 27, 2017
Man this chapter made me feel like shit. I feel sorry for kid Zeke, though I still despise him as an adult. I also feel sorry for this Tom Xaver guy despite being introduced only a few panels before. Still, the answer to their problems can't simply be "let's just vanish from existence". This is all too disturbingly nihilistic.

Also turns out the final page stuff about Levi and Zeke are real, damn. Zeke's upper torso is (somehow) intact from the blast, so I'm sure he's not dead and will regenerate. Levi though, not so sure. He looks like he has sustained heavy damage, possibly lost a limb or two, and can't regenerate. I don't think he will die, but he will most definitely not fight again and he's probably "out" for the upcoming final battle of the series. I think scenario-wise that kinda had to be done cause Levi seems to be the winner of any situation he's in, so losing that trump card should make the final battle more interesting.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, Zeke has a fucked up ideology. Levi is probably out of the upcoming battle barring some shenanigans. I doubt he'll die tho. It's funny in a way, both Levi and Zeke lost after they thought they had already defeated their opponent.

Grisha should have been nicer to his son.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still stand by my prediction that Levi will not die before the end of the series, but goddamn not like that Isayama.

Edit: fucking lmao at this edit tho

72skunR.jpg

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God I love how "grey" everyone is in the manga. You hate them for their actions, yet you understand how they got the way they are.

Well except for the over the top racism of Marley.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I blame Grisha's father. Zeke's is a really tragic boy, divided by three forces.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, I am at the point of thinking fuck it:

I don't even know who to root for anymore. Every side has their good argument (aside from Marley because fuck them).

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least this chapter made me feel better about despising Zeke, now that everything is laid bare. With that leap in logic he should have honestly considered The Rumbling as his end game to end all of humanity's suffering... Eldians aren't the only ones who suffer after all.

Tbh I thought his ultimate goal would be more grandiose, like consuming all the shifter powers at once and becoming the next Ymir.

So... what's next? Surely Zeke isn't dead, is he? He'll probably regenerate from a brain fragment or some shit.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Old Eren was pretty much exactly the kind of child that Grisha wanted in Zeke. I don't know what's going on with Punished Eren, I can't imagine he'd be down with Zeke's plan.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Old Eren was pretty much exactly the kind of child that Grisha wanted in Zeke. I don't know what's going on with Punished Eren, I can't imagine he'd be down with Zeke's plan.
There's an interesting connection there with Eren and Eldian babies. Let's not forget how he was against Historia having a baby for the purpose of a contingency plan.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Zeke's entire motivation stems back to a janitor throwing water at him.

...huh.
To be fair his entire childhood was emotionally traumatic due to pretty much all actors around him beyond the man he inherited his warrior status from. It's not like that one event is the only time he suffered as a child -- it was merely a memorable preface for what was to come.

Oct 27, 2017
fe2YRSn.gif

I feel like thats what Isayama is going for.

Marley couldn't be painted in a more negative light. They are what Nazi Germany would probably look like if they had won the war and became a world leading power. I don't care what happened to them 1200 years ago, nothing justifies their current stance.

All I need right now is Eren and friends to shove all these self-hating Eldians aside (Zeke, Xaver, King Fritz and their "woe are we, wish we never existed instead") and win back their freedom.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
AoT produces so much joy and misery simultaneously - joy in that it's so fucking good, misery in that I feel so terrible for everyone. I keep waiting for the writing to falter, but it keeps getting better and better. Like a lot of people, I never liked that Zeke was plotting way beyond an eight-year-old's capabilities. With Xaver, it all makes perfect sense. And the baseball-!

The depth of Zeke's ideologies being so fundamentally opposed to Eren is so fascinating, too.

so gooooooooooooooooooooooood

God I love how "grey" everyone is in the manga. You hate them for their actions, yet you understand how they got the way they are.

Well except for the over the top racism of Marley.

Yes, this!

Isayama getting to foreshadow and reference plot points/lore in the anime is the best.