• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't remember the last time we had a solid or just good chapter from this manga. Banger after banger.. after banger. Saying that, the endings. I still don't know if that's Zeke's full motivation or not. And no way in hell Punished Eren would be down to do exactly. We need to know more.
God I love how "grey" everyone is in the manga. You hate them for their actions, yet you understand how they got the way they are.

Well except for the over the top racism of Marley.
Feels like Marley is multiple generation tier brainwashing.. through centuries long. Reiner, Bertolt, Gabi, Falco gives all wildly different mentalities on how they work.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember the last time we had a solid or just good chapter from this manga. Banger after banger.. after banger. Saying that, the endings. I still don't know if that's Zeke's full motivation or not. And no way in hell Punished Eren would be down to do exactly. We need to know more.

Feels like Marley is multiple generation tier brainwashing.. through centuries long. Reiner, Bertolt, Gabi, Falco gives all wildly different mentalities on how they work.
With the flashback ending, it should be. This is the end of Zeke's story as a character. He'll continu as a piece in someone's else story.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Are you saying you believe that Zeke is gone for good in the present?
No, I'm saying his character doesn't matter anymore. Any reveals, actions he does will now just exist to benefit Eren as a character. I don't expect him to have any more background story or the likes, aside from looking a bit sad when Eren does whatever he will do.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha.

Though I think there is still a bit to be revealed about Mr. Xaver(and so Zeke by association), so maybe some more background story there.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I wouldn't worry about either of them being dead. Would be a very anticlimactic conclusion for both of them, and Isayama has done this kind of final panel cliffhanger in the past, like when everybody thought Armin burned to death.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Anime-only people will be crazy with the upcoming season, amazing episode after amazing episode, and then it comes the basement, damnnn.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, it is crazy how much darker and complicated the series got compared to the start of the series.

It was basically a "shonen" with some mystery here and there only to become a "mecha" and now it is something special. It got so damn good that the start feels like a very different manga. I didn't expect this depth when I first started watching the anime.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, it is crazy how much darker and complicated the series got compared to the start of the series.

It was basically a "shonen" with some mystery here and there only to become a "mecha" and now it is something special. It got so damn good that the start feels like a very different manga. I didn't expect this depth when I first started watching the anime.
I still can't believe the first season is the most popular season. If Isayama kept it like that I'd be very mad at him, but he expanded on the whole premise and turned it into something amazing...to the point where I think it just flies over the heads of the people that got initially into it. Also people really need to go back and rewatch the whole series leading up to the new season because god fucking damn so much stuff gets connected in an amazing way. AOT is just this giant puzzle narratively and it's fun being able to go back and just connect the pieces as you're watching it.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe the first season is the most popular season. If Isayama kept it like that I'd be very mad at him, but he expanded on the whole premise and turned it into something amazing...to the point where I think it just flies over the heads of the people that got initially into it. Also people really need to go back and rewatch the whole series leading up to the new season because god fucking damn so much stuff gets connected in an amazing way. AOT is just this giant puzzle narratively and it's fun being able to go back and just connect the pieces as you're watching it.
Agreed.

There are tons of things that I thought was some kind of "anime" effect that later turned out to be something deeper. Take the Misaka's awakening with the whole electricity effect or the whole clinging into Eren part of her characteristics. It makes so much sense after we found out more about the Ackerman family.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is on the first watch you just assume he died from a Titan...little do know that Reiner and Bertolt pretty much kill him.
Haha well technically he did either way, but yeah I know what you mean. Even dying to titans he had a pretty messed up death since he had such a clean bite taken out of him. I'd much rather be instantaneously crushed between jaws than have like 40% of my body chunked away in an instant.

Oct 25, 2017
Haha well technically he did either way, but yeah I know what you mean. Even dying to titans he had a pretty messed up death since he had such a clean bite taken out of him. I'd much rather be instantaneously crushed between jaws than have like 40% of my body chunked away in an instant.
That titan bit into his ass like a Slim Jim and just tossed him away. I'd honestly rather die from a blow to the head and then eaten instead of just screaming and shitting myself while a Titan slowly raises me up to its jaws and bites me.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That titan bit into his ass like a Slim Jim and just tossed him away. I'd honestly rather die from a blow to the head and then eaten instead of just screaming and shitting myself while a Titan slowly raises me up to its jaws and bites me.
Seriously! Kind of creepy to be honest, like after a single bite the titan was able to determine, "nope, not a shifter. next!"

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Juve paying Ramsey 400k a week has to be one of the most bonkers things to ever happen. Wtf.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that was done by Grisha's first wife then maybe yeah that's probably what she was thinking.
I can't recall if it was ever confirmed but isn't seeking shifter spine juice the entire reason why titans are drawn to consuming humans in the first place? It's why they go bonkers when they sense an actual shifter closeby(like the swarm ripping Ymir's titan apart to get to the gooey center). It's a subconscious instinct for the purpose of reclaiming their lost humanity.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the most insane titan scene would be the one which was eating the woman's leg and Sasha discovers it.

It was insane as hell. Imagine having your leg eaten while laying on the ground without moving.

Edit:

It is even worse than I remember.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
thank god Zeke it is actually a bad guy.

i didnt want him to be secretely good.

he is a piee of shit and deserves to die

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I can't recall if it was ever confirmed but isn't seeking shifter spine juice the entire reason why titans are drawn to consuming humans in the first place? It's why they go bonkers when they sense an actual shifter closeby(like the swarm ripping Ymir's titan apart to get to the gooey center). It's a subconscious instinct for the purpose of reclaiming their lost humanity.

It reminds me of the pit of thieves in Dante's Inferno. Half of them are snakes, and they slither around biting the humans. When a snake bites a human, they "steal" their humanity back and the person they bit becomes a snake. They just do that for eternity.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
thank god Zeke it is actually a bad guy.

i didnt want him to be secretely good.

he is a piee of shit and deserves to die
At this point it needed to be the kind of good that was woefully misguided at best. He's more an understandable kind of bad in the end, with a broken upbringing that's left him ready to just destroy it all.

I still bet Eren's plan is still
to eat him and complete the Royal Link with their shared blood.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Not sure how to feel about Levi right now, I really don't think this is it for him so I'll wait and see. But, certainly keeping me on my toes.

Zeke's backstory was once again quality writing, making me understand him more without going overboard. I can't get over how good every chapter continues to be. Grisha...really fumbled everything in his approach, didn't he?

And it quietly amazes me that Marley saw no value in the Beast Titan before Zeke lol

I really want to see what Eren is up to next chapter.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Zeke wants to sterilize Eldians. I can understand how he got a warped God complex, but he's literally the same monster that put his people in ghettos. Marylean brainwashing at work. Victims victim-blaming themselves. Grisha sure likes to burden his kids though. I wonder what Eren wants to do with the Original Titan's power.

We all thought Levi was dead a few chapters back. Survive one death flag only to die to another? I kind of doubt it.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
levi can still fuck shit up even if he's missing a limb or 2. like them blind samurai.
zeke should still be alive. he wouldn't have come all this way just to end it like that.
zeke's troubled childhood was tough to read. but i kept waiting to see where the turning point was that he became the top titan warrior. is it when xavier revealed his past? but why was he still in the warrior program after the betrayal? what was he fighting for until that point? just to hang around with his mentor xavier?
did zeke reveal his master plan to yelena and the rest? is that they seek also the eradication of the titans??

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Levi's abilities are so important to the good guys that it would be worth giving him a serum to consume a shifter just in order to save his combat capabilities(missing limbs) in human form alone. Priority-wise only the Queen herself should be saved via that method over Levi in a scenario where both her and Levi would need saving(like the Armin vs. Erwin decision).

Wonder if there is some unknown side effect when a human product of titan science(Ackerman) becomes a mindless/shifter themselves.

Spoiler are out with pics:
giphy.gif

Levi dead folks

From what some people say is in the chapter:
- Hange and group encounter Levi and co, Hange confirms Levi is dead.
- Zeke would have died, but a mindless titan came in and opened a hole in its stomach and put Zeke in, he was then healed by Ymir
- Zeke emerges from the titan healed and seemigly looking younger
- Eren seems to have unlocked his dads memories:
Eren kissing Historia's hand fb in this chapter (happens during the discussion w Zeke)
Eren discussion w Zeke fb (in Liberio)
DIALOGUES FROM THE CHAPTER:
« Eren: Four years ago…
Eren: I unlocked my dad's memories »

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really hard to tag your reactions to whatever's happening before the actual chapter is out, for the rest of us who don't want to click that thing