• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe this has been confirmed, then again I could be wrong. I think it's been confirmed (in the last chapter no less) that a titan of royal blood coming into contact with a non-royal founder is enough to activate the powers of the coordinate, as if the founder was of royal blood to begin with. So what happened when Eren contacted Dina probably was the real thing and not a lesser version of the founder's powers. IMO the spark that all the shifters felt at that moment meant Eren's command got to them, but they were not mindless titans and so couldn't be ordered to carry it out.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
IMO the spark that all the shifters felt at that moment meant Eren's command got to them, but they were not mindless titans and so couldn't be ordered to carry it out.

Interesting theory, however the titan scream and mind-altering powers works on all Eldians who have not become mindless titans yet, so having a conscious mind shouldn't be what makes the difference.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Dam yous all to hell! Thought the chapter was out. I need to I watch this thread until the second week of the month

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there was a recent stream of the new Attack on Titan 2 game/DLC. It's gonna add thunderspears/guns and they look pretty powerful.
Shame we gotta wait all the way until July so that it doesn't spoil S3.5.

Feels like the game is already done and they're just sitting on it.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Its out.
giphy.gif

Edit: Finished...
giphy.gif

Also I don't know who to side for anymore. Eren, Zeke, Marley, whats left of Paradis, etc. At this rate I'm with whoever the queen sides with and call it a day.

Last edited:

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Dayum. These chapters always leave you wanting for more. I want to know what exactly Eren is planning, but yeah we probably won't get answers to that right away considering a battle just started.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta imagine this is truly the beginning of the end. All the major players are here. Such crazy build-up.

And god damn Galliard nearly just put an end to it all in one bite!

Also, what the hell @ Armin being moved to tears? I wanna say he's playing mind games.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
You gotta imagine this is truly the beginning of the end. All the major players are here. Such crazy build-up.

And god damn Galliard nearly just put an end to it all in one bite!

Also, what the hell @ Armin being moved to tears? I wanna say he's playing mind games.

Maybe he put 2 and 2 together and figured Eren didn't actually betray them and he's crying because of that. Then he just lied his ass off when asked. Or maybe he's also fake crying lol

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What a chapter

Pieck fucking rules.

That last page with Eren and Reiner is my everything

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you beat Eren when he's got like 3 titan powers already. Granted he was really busted when he could also pocket Mikasa and Armin, and maybe he doesn't have that anymore.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
I don't know how you beat Eren when he's got like 3 titan powers already. Granted he was really busted when he could also pocket Mikasa and Armin, and maybe he doesn't have that anymore.
Three titan powers versus 3 shifters seems fair. We still haven't seen Eren use the founding ability since he first got em so who knows

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You just know one of the titan lines is going to be passed on to a new character in the next few chapters. The dynamic of being able to take such power from one side could be such a game changer.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just wondering how tf Levi will get back into the game by the end of the series if he's so messed up right now.
I don't remember, does he still have that titan juice?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just wondering how tf Levi will get back into the game by the end of the series if he's so messed up right now.
I don't remember, does he still have that titan juice?
Either way he's with Hange who is the best possible candidate for keeping him alive. If they don't have serum on them she knows where to get it.

I say inject him with titan juice and kick him into a huge hole/chasm. All you have to do then(assuming someone who is half Ackerman can actually become a mindless titan) is throw some injured/disabled shifter down there once you obtain one and you got Levi back.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either way he's with Hange who is the best possible candidate for keeping him alive. If they don't have serum on them she knows where to get it.

I say inject him with titan juice and kick him into a huge hole/chasm. All you have to do then(assuming someone who is half Ackerman can actually become a mindless titan) is throw some injured/disabled shifter down there once you obtain one and you got Levi back.
It's very possible the Ackermans could be immune to the serum via having already activated some form of titan powers.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's very possible the Ackermans could be immune to the serum via having already activated some form of titan powers.
True but it's a very open debate right now.
1) First, we don't actually know if the Ackerman line itself is immune, that idea itself is just conjecture so far.
2) Levi is only partially Ackerman, like Mikasa. Isayama himself has said that mixed bloodlines would likely have the capabilities/attributes of both lines, meaning Levi's non-Ackerman side(if Ackermans are indeed immune) can be titanized.
3) They made it a point a few chapters ago to mention that Levi hadn't ingested any wine with his men, further leaving the question open. If he had ingested wine and not turned into a Zeke slave then we would have known for sure.

Plover

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Eren should lose, and yet I want Reiner to win.

And I finally appreciate Pieck, she was great this chapter!

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

She tried to play Eren but Eren had her number from the Jail cell and just followed because he wanted to smoke everyone out at once. The whole chapter was basically Eren flexing in that it didn't matter if she betrayed him or not because he basicly felt he had it in the bag. When he said the thing about Falco he made sure to say it loud enough that Any other infiltrators could here it. We even had a pic of them in the group of survey corps.

This isn't going to go the way Marley wants at all and I just wonder who Eren is going to eat first. Probably Porco so he can get Annie out of her crystal.

evilwart

Oct 27, 2017
Eren's always had Mikasa or Levi providing the assists when fighting other shifters. Let's see how he does without them.

Plover

Oct 27, 2017
She tried to play Eren but Eren had her number from the Jail cell and just followed because he wanted to smoke everyone out at once. The whole chapter was basically Eren flexing in that it didn't matter if she betrayed him or not because he basicly felt he had it in the bag. When he said the thing about Falco he made sure to say it loud enough that Any other infiltrators could here it. We even had a pic of them in the group of survey corps.

This isn't going to go the way Marley wants at all and I just wonder who Eren is going to eat first. Probably Porco so he can get Annie out of her crystal.
I wasn't implying anything about Eren being out of his depth, although I wouldn't agree he is that much of a mastermind. He obviously has his plan but Pieck played the situation quite well considering many people thought she would be outclassed immediately after last chapter.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I wasn't implying anything about Eren being out of his depth, although I wouldn't agree he is that much of a mastermind. He obviously has his plan but Pieck played the situation quite well considering many people thought she would be outclassed immediately after last chapter.

She is still in a terrible position. She only has the jaws and Reiner for Back Up and can't turn at the moment. Eren could posibly kill the both of them before Reiner even makes it down and make this a clean 2 v 1 and I'm pretty sure he beats this 2 v 1 because he has had the Armored titans number for a long time now and he Warhammer titan could prove an issue for the Jaws with its Aoe ABilities.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Eren's always had Mikasa or Levi providing the assists when fighting other shifters. Let's see how he does without them.
You bring up a very valid point.

All things considering, we have no idea what Reiner has done to prepare for this fight. For all we know, the Marleyans might have some Titan buffs stored away and gave some to Reiner to help in the fight.

Plus, Paradis was not ready for this fight. This will be pretty much Eren vs. Marley. A guy that's full of himself and might not be able to fully control all of his powers yet, vs an army that's already well-versed in attacking other countries.

This shit is going to rock

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is clear that Marley needs to impress in this fight, but I don't want Eren to straight up lose at this point. He needs to make a show as well. It might be nice if he looks like he is losing, but it is part of a bigger plan. It is also time for someone to take down Porco.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
It is clear that Marley needs to impress in this fight, but I don't want Eren to straight up lose at this point. He needs to make a show as well. It might be nice if he looks like he is losing, but it is part of a bigger plan. It is also time for someone to take down Porco.

He is getting atleast one titan out of this fight almost guaranteed. Its just a wonder of which one is going to die.

Oct 27, 2017
He is getting atleast one titan out of this fight almost guaranteed. Its just a wonder of which one is going to die.

I'd also like Porco to die since he escaped death very cheaply last time, but Pieck's smile to Gabi towards the end gave me major death flags. Then again it might mean nothing, but I'm fairly sure one of the two is biting the dust here.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eren is such a unique and unusual "shonen protagonist" in the sense that he barely is anymore.

If Isayama wasn't so involved in the anime I wouldn't be surprised if the anime production team tried to present him as a bit softer or more obvious around this arc.

evilwart

Oct 27, 2017
Reiner & Porco vs. Eren seems like a decent match up. The Jaw should be able to break anything the Warhammer powers can make. Working as a unit, if Reiner plays defense, whilst Porco plays offense, they might be able to take him. Until Zeke shows up for the save. If Armin gets free too, that's all shifter powers except Female titan present. Unless the flashback to show the Warriors have already freed her. I reckon Reiner, Porco and Annie combined could take Eren.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

At this stage, Eren has beaten Reiner a number of times and is much stronger now. I do think Reinder has some something up his sleave, because he shouldn't be able to take Eren 1 on 1, but I doubt it will work out.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
All these Eren vs Marley talk, just wait until his Big Bro enters the chatroom..
230906de5d1bc0ce79559aab09aa4a9d.gif

tumblr_pmb4enRnQV1ra3pgjo2_500.gif

Its about to rain zeppelins and rocks.

Unless of course he's got his own agenda again.

There's also the problem of Armin, god only knows which side he's going to take.

Last edited:

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Reiner & Porco vs. Eren seems like a decent match up. The Jaw should be able to break anything the Warhammer powers can make. Working as a unit, if Reiner plays defense, whilst Porco plays offense, they might be able to take him. Until Zeke shows up for the save. If Armin gets free too, that's all shifter powers except Female titan present. Unless the flashback to show the Warriors have already freed her. I reckon Reiner, Porco and Annie combined could take Eren.

Hand to hand? None of them. Eren had porco figured by the end of their fight and got the capabilties of the Jaws titan in his head now. He has already beaten Riener handily multiple times so I have no hope of Reiner getting in a decent pace at all.

I mean If Eren can control the warhammer stuff with some accuracy he can pull the Move him and Mikasa did to Porko all by himself with Just warhammer spikes. And Annie.... I'm not sure, she was the best person at hand to hand but then Eren has been nothing but a monster since the time skip so I'm gonna say that match up is probably more even or weighted in his favor after all these years.