• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, in Season 4. The armored cart titan appeared for the first time in chapter 92. Season 3 part 2 should end at chapter 90.
Man I can't wait to see that animated. Sorry if I said too much in the anime thread guys. I just love this stretch of the manga too much since retaking Shinganshina leading up to Eren revealing himself to Reiner and the Marley assault really turned my view around on AOT. It really got to love the world building and what Isayama created since I wasn't too hot on it until the season 3 anime and the rewatch I did with manga knowledge really showed me that Isayama knew what he was doing when he created it. The stuff just makes me giddy.

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding new OP.

Only two frames for sereumbowl.
Then again, we did have that FUCKING teaser last half-season.

Huh. They even put burnt armin in there.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Wussy Reiner is already beginning to be revealed.
These people don't even need a flashback lol

D729-D142-169-D-48-B6-9332-BD7252469-C2-D.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Laughing at everyone thinking Reiner is dead or gonna die.

So glad they did justice to Erwin on the mountain of corpses. Goddamn this arc has amazing imagery

Regarding new OP.

Only two frames for sereumbowl.
Then again, we did have that FUCKING teaser last half-season.

Huh. They even put burnt armin in there.

Yeah the frame by frame is fucking WILD.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Watching Erwin again in the anime hurts my soul. The man just wanted to see what's in the basement........

Watching all this again with the knowledge of Marley and how Eren ends up is amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Erwin again in the anime hurts my soul. The man just wanted to see what's in the basement........

Watching all this again with the knowledge of Marley and how Eren ends up is amazing.
Yeah it's great. Watching the anime in general with knowledge of where shit goes is some eye opening shit. When Erwin had that monologue I had to fight back the urge to say "let it go" at my laptop screen. Dude tossed a ton of lives at that dream of his and he never gets to see it. That charge...man...it's going to be great since his VA knows how to sell that shit.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember for years hoping this goddamn Marco meme would go away and then Isayama actually pays that shit off.

Next episode's gonna be wonderful, this entire arc

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There was a Marco Meme? Isayama pretty much teased what happened to him in season two, next ep just wraps it up in the most fucked up way imaginable.

Oh right, I forgot the anime showed a bit of that scene WAY ahead of time. It wasn't until Chapter 77 (where the anime is at now) that they showed what happened.

A lot of folks didn't actually think Isayama would ever revisit what happened to Marco.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I forgot the anime showed a bit of that scene WAY ahead of time. It wasn't until Chapter 77 (where the anime is at now) that they showed what happened.

A lot of folks didn't actually think Isayama would ever revisit what happened to Marco.
It's a good scene too so luckily he did. I honestly just thought Marco died some meaningless ass jobber death, but Isayama revisits it and it's a pretty good character defining moment for Reiner, Bert and Annie since it showed that it went even too far for Annie.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot about the spears happening right after Reiner got throat stabbed. This mothafuckas plot armor is insane, it was one of my major issues with that character during that period. One thing is putting your character in tricky situation and figuring out how to get them out of there but another is doing shit that would physically kill them and then going "LOL NOPE".

Reiner would've died so many goddamn times if he wasn't a main character.

Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot about the spears happening right after Reiner got throat stabbed. This mothafuckas plot armor is insane, it was one of my major issues with that character during that period. One thing is putting your character in tricky situation and figuring out how to get them out of there but another is doing shit that would physically kill them and then going "LOL NOPE".

Reiner would've died so many goddamn times if he wasn't a main character.
Isn't this the last time it happens to Reiner though? I have more of a problem with the most recent thing with Zeke to be honest. Motherfucker was dead and then a random titan stuffs him in its stomach and he just emerges from it completely healed.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that the series explicitly warned the audience about the asspull that was about to come instead of using it for a BS cliffhanger re: Headless Reiner.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
That chapter though wipingheadwithtowel.jpg

The parallels between the current episodes of the anime and current manga chapters are pretty cool too

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Eren was fucking those dudes up, lol.

It took all of their Titans to just hold him off, pretty sure Marley's getting this work once Zeke and Eren use the Founding power and the Titan gank squad shows up.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Reiner and his boys were getting that ass beat. It would have been one-sided as fuck if not for the sniper on the Cart Titan.

It's about to be bad news now that Zeke's on the field too.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Brainless Eren still strong out to beat down Reiner and Porco at the same time.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cart Titan is pretty much like a much uglier version of the Liger Zero from Zoids. It don't specialize in shit but if you put the right weapon pack on it it'll wreck your shit.
But Pieck is beautiful! At least the Cart Titan is far more visually appealing now than when it first appeared in the manga.

I bet it has it's own little team of dedicated engineers that work with Pieck and that's pretty cool. Also, beyond being augmentative, it has been really good at saving the lives of other characters in a pinch. Just runs by and nabs you out of harms way.

Oct 25, 2017
But Pieck is beautiful! At least the Cart Titan is far more visually appealing now than when it first appeared in the manga.

I bet it has it's own little team of dedicated engineers that work with Pieck and that's pretty cool. Also, beyond being augmentative, it has been really good at saving the lives of other characters in a pinch. Just runs by and nabs you out of harms way.
Pieck is cute, the Cart Titan is very weird looking with it's nose on the forehead. Cart Titan definitely seems to work the best with a team and the human team really seems to like engineering weapons for it. Imagine if Hange was ever able to make some sort of battle suit for Eren.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Zeke looks completely diabolical though. I don't think the Beast Titan ever looked that dangerous.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's gotta be one of the few times I'm happy to see Zeke.

Also I like this post from the anime thread:
73cLVUE.png
That post is great lol.
Also, is the scene in question where Reiner explains he transferred consciousness to his body to avoid dying to Levi's neck-slice unique to the anime? I totally don't remember that in the manga(though it has been years since I read that arc in full now). If it's an anime only thing it was really unnecessary and an asspull. The technique itself actually makes sense in terms of transferring it to the titan body but it's pretty dumb that you can do it with your human(albeit titan shifter) body.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
That post is great lol.
Also, is the scene in question where Reiner explains he transferred consciousness to his body to avoid dying to Levi's neck-slice unique to the anime? I totally don't remember that in the manga(though it has been years since I read that arc in full now). If it's an anime only thing it was really unnecessary and an asspull. The technique itself actually makes sense in terms of transferring it to the titan body but it's pretty dumb that you can do it with your human(albeit titan shifter) body.
It was in the manga