• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
That post is great lol.
Also, is the scene in question where Reiner explains he transferred consciousness to his body to avoid dying to Levi's neck-slice unique to the anime? I totally don't remember that in the manga(though it has been years since I read that arc in full now). If it's an anime only thing it was really unnecessary and an asspull. The technique itself actually makes sense in terms of transferring it to the titan body but it's pretty dumb that you can do it with your human(albeit titan shifter) body.
It's in the manga but I think the manga explains it better. I think Reiner says something about transferring his body functions to places around his body or something like that.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Dang, well either way it could have been left out entirely and everything would have made even more sense imo.
the part later on where Reiner has his head blown off and he's still going would've been a bit weird then.

I'm not saying the explanation given was good, and they could've probably given a better one, but it needs some kind of explanation at least idk

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the part later on where Reiner has his head blown off and he's still going would've been a bit weird then.

I'm not saying the explanation given was good, and they could've probably given a better one, but it needs some kind of explanation at least idk
But what I'm saying is that makes a lot more sense the second time around because the titan body introduces both a super natural element to the transfer, a second body to transfer to, and a reason in itself to do the transfer. You're right in that it(by it I mean Reiner surviving the loss of his head) did need an explanation, but they could have made it purely a titan form power and it would have been a slightly more apt explanation. Granted shifter powers are super natural to begin with, even while still in human form, but it made so much less sense with the Reiner neck slice because his head/consciousness were not even destroyed or terribly at risk in the first place. We've seen the human bodies of shifters lose limbs and get even worse injuries than that and survive via durability and quick regrowth so they should have just let the neck slice survival be what it is with no explanation. Explaining it the first time using Reiner's loss of head inside his titan form would have 100% sufficed. It would have had more impact and be less expected as a twist as well.

Probably my biggest criticism of the entire series' logic so I guess that's not terrible.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least later when we get to the Zeke/PATHS desert thing it's clear that it's a rule with a purpose- if you're locked into a shifter you're near-immortal, to kill someone you need to drag them out of their Titan first.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least later when we get to the Zeke/PATHS desert thing it's clear that it's a rule with a purpose- if you're locked into a shifter you're near-immortal, to kill someone you need to drag them out of their Titan first.
While that's true Zeke also majorly lucked out by having one of his titans survive nearby. He would absolutely be a goner if not for that. Though it doesn't change the fact that yeah they're somewhat immortal beyond complete obliteration or 100% murder(chop them up into enough pieces for example).

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
But what I'm saying is that makes a lot more sense the second time around because the titan body introduces both a super natural element to the transfer, a second body to transfer to, and a reason in itself to do the transfer. You're right in that it(by it I mean Reiner surviving the loss of his head) did need an explanation, but they could have made it purely a titan form power and it would have been a slightly more apt explanation. Granted shifter powers are super natural to begin with, even while still in human form, but it made so much less sense with the Reiner neck slice because his head/consciousness were not even destroyed or terribly at risk in the first place. We've seen the human bodies of shifters lose limbs and get even worse injuries than that and survive via durability and quick regrowth so they should have just let the neck slice survival be what it is with no explanation. Explaining it the first time using Reiner's loss of head inside his titan form would have 100% sufficed. It would have had more impact and be less expected as a twist as well.
Yeah I agree with that, that seems like a better explanation

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I'm kinda expecting Marley to have some counter to Zeke that will force him to shout and transform all the people that drunk his spinal fluid. Then that can set up Reiner sacrificing himself to save Falco.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Zeke looks badass now until he sees Punish Levi
The absence of an update on Levi in a few chapters now is pretty unsettling. It was 2-3 chapters ago we saw his bloodied, dying body being whisked away by Hange. Now that the final battle has begun there is zero reason Isayama would have left his fate up in the air for so long but for something with him to be happening behind the scenes. Something where we will get a flashback about what happened after Hange stole his body away.

It makes me think the next time we see him will be a cold break from our expectations. My guess is he's going to show up in some funky titan form, or have been completely healed by titan magic, or something to this effect. He will have a role in the final battle despite his recent mortal wounds. He probably wouldn't still be alive at this point, time-wise, without some kind of titan science-based intervention. Keep in mind that it probably took Zeke 20-60 minutes to get back to Shiganshina.

Oct 25, 2017
The absence of an update on Levi in a few chapters now is pretty unsettling. It was 2-3 chapters ago we saw his bloodied, dying body being whisked away by Hange. Now that the final battle has begun there is zero reason Isayama would have left his fate up in the air for so long but for something with him to be happening behind the scenes. Something where we will get a flashback about what happened after Hange stole his body away.

It makes me think the next time we see him will be a cold break from our expectations. My guess is he's going to show up in some funky titan form, or have been completely healed by titan magic, or something to this effect. He will have a role in the final battle despite his recent mortal wounds. He probably wouldn't still be alive at this point, time-wise, without some kind of titan science-based intervention. Keep in mind that it probably took Zeke 20-60 minutes to get back to Shiganshina.
I'm at least assuming he's still alive since I highly doubt Hange would waste the stamina to haul back a corpse. I'd love Levi outfitted with some steampunk augmentations but who the hell knows. If the reveal is just Hange burying that man Imma be pissed.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at least assuming he's still alive since I highly doubt Hange would waste the stamina to haul back a corpse. I'd love Levi outfitted with some steampunk augmentations but who the hell knows. If the reveal is just Hange burying that man Imma be pissed.
That's why I'm thinking Levi is alive from a narrative point of view for a reason. The only other reason beyond being a player in the final battle would be if he had some kind of information to pass on to Hange before he expires, but it was already revealed to the Paradis crew by Yelena what Zeke's goal is so I don't think that's the case.

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I'm thinking Levi is alive from a narrative point of view for a reason. The only other reason beyond being a player in the final battle would be if he had some kind of information to pass on to Hange before he expires, but it was already revealed to the Paradis crew by Yelena what Zeke's goal is so I don't think that's the case.
Does anybody even have any left over titan serum?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody even have any left over titan serum?
I have no doubt that both sides have titan serum on the ready. Hange has had access to multiple shifters and the knowledge required to make it herself for a few years now. Remember it's Paradis' contingency plan to titanize Historia's baby, so they definitely have some.

You just don't prepare for war against another side's shifters without having some titan serum ready!

Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt that both sides have titan serum on the ready. Hange has had access to multiple shifters and the knowledge required to make it herself for a few years now. Remember it's Paradis' contingency plan to titanize Historia's baby, so they definitely have some.

You just don't prepare for war against another side's shifters without having some titan serum ready!
So Titan Levi is a possibility then? Too bad he can't eat Zeke and you just strap some ODM gear onto the Beast Titan.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Titan Levi is a possibility then? Too bad he can't eat Zeke and you just strap some ODM gear onto the Beast Titan.
It's highly contested in the AoT fan community whether or not Levi can even be titanized in any sense since he is already "the product of titan science," but you have to imagine it would do something since he is still Eldian. Maybe titan serum is like a senzu bean for Ackermans lol

I'd love to see Titan Levi though. If he becomes a mindless via serum, just chuck him down a deep hole and throw the next de-limbed shifter in there lol
Eating Zeke would be the ULTIMATE karmic justice.

Oct 25, 2017
It's highly contested in the AoT fan community whether or not Levi can even be titanized in any sense since he is already "the product of titan science," but you have to imagine it would do something since he is still Eldian. Maybe titan serum is like a senzu bean for Ackermans lol

I'd love to see Titan Levi though. If he becomes a mindless via serum, just chuck him down a deep hole and throw the next de-limbed shifter in there lol
Eating Zeke would be the ULTIMATE karmic justice.
Yeah Levi being a product of Titan science has to mean something. Sadly he doesn't have shifter healing because Mikasa's scar establishes they don't. Them being stupidly strong can't just be the only thing about them...than and being bound by a authority figure. Levi eating Zeke is definitely a giant fuck you to Zeke...so it should happen.

MonkeySleeve

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah Levi being a product of Titan science has to mean something. Sadly he doesn't have shifter healing because Mikasa's scar establishes they don't. Them being stupidly strong can't just be the only thing about them...than and being bound by a authority figure. Levi eating Zeke is definitely a giant fuck you to Zeke...so it should happen.
I must have missed this part, when was this revealed?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
All these Eren vs Marley talk, just wait until his Big Bro enters the chatroom..
230906de5d1bc0ce79559aab09aa4a9d.gif

tumblr_pmb4enRnQV1ra3pgjo2_500.gif

Its about to rain zeppelins and rocks.
Called it.
My boy Eren holding out on his own and Reiner getting his ass handed twice this week in both anime and manga. What a time to be alive. Now we just need Armin to get in the f-ing titan and sleeping beauty to come out of her 7 year sleep and we can have a shifter battle royale.

I'm kinda a bit afraid Zeke is going to activate some of his wine subjects.

Last edited:

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the leaked anime episode, great adaptation so far, it neatly covered a little more than 2 episodes.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
The pace is all right. The direction and animation have been quite disappointing (except for episode 50).
I disagree, this week's episode had great direction and only the colossus titan cgi looked weird in a pair of shots, the explosion scene was amazing. Also dat soundtrack.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The music has been so good this season. The bomb scene was everything I wanted it to be

They're gonna end on the charge next week and that's going to destroy me

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The music has been so good this season. The bomb scene was everything I wanted it to be

They're gonna end on the charge next week and that's going to destroy me
Damn, they're going to move that quick? So the battle might be over in 5-6 episodes then. :'(

I disagree, this week's episode had great direction and only the colossus titan cgi looked weird in a pair of shots, the explosion scene was amazing. Also dat soundtrack.
Yep, 3D titan looks awful. I love everything else.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, they're going to move that quick? So the battle might be over in 5-6 episodes then. :'(

Yeah, when I found out the season was only 10 episodes it made a lot more sense. They're doing two chapters an episode it seems

"Perfect Game" will probably end on Erwin's charge

"Hero" will probably end with Armin's sacrifce and Eren defeating Bertholdt

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Episode 5 should be Levi vs Beast and the defeat of the colossus titan.
Episode 6 should be the serumbowl.

Episodes 7-10 to cover episodes 85-90 from the basement to Eren in the sea.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I, for one, can't wait to see people's reactions to the two "heroes almost beat up the bad guy but he gets saved at the last second" that will probably happen on the same episode. Shit was so frustrating

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
yikes, still haven't read the latest chapter..

Also if everything is done in 6 episodes, that's pretty shocking and quick. It's been a while, but I expected whole battle to be 10-12 eps for some reason.

I, for one, can't wait to see people's reactions to the two "heroes almost beat up the bad guy but he gets saved at the last second" that will probably happen on the same episode. Shit was so frustrating
Hilarious thing is this shit always happens, with the good guys getting away to come back stronger. People are going to bead as fuck.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Zeke survives all. I was way more pissed he survived the thunder spear explosion to the abdomen a couple chapters ago than when he was saved by Pieck after the battle at Shiganshina.

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I was referring to.

Hey, we got to hear Pieck talk for the first time in the new episode!

Ah nevermind, thought you were talking about the first time were he survived half a dozen thunder spears exploding right next to him within the nape of his titan. And then people think Reiner's plot armor is thick lol

Pieck talking like that was creepy and unexpected. I guess they're still hiding the fact she is a woman

Oct 25, 2017
Anime crowd is not going to like dealing with Zeke's depleted uranium enhanced plot armor. I just want Levi to kill his monkey ass already.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
i mean i love the manga, but eren does always get saved from these crazy impossible situations at the very last second as well.