• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Well at least the studio change will happen during the most drastic shift in setting and character designs so it might not be as noticeable

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least the studio change will happen during the most drastic shift in setting and character designs so it might not be as noticeable
I think as long as a good studio get it I'll be fine. If Marly arc gets a more mature tone and we get the raining Titans scene with the machine gun mounted Cart Titan animated well I doubt people will complain.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Ehm, I think I must have missed something, studio change?
From the anime, i just don't want to talk about it in the anime thread cause spoilers obviously

I think as long as a good studio get it I'll be fine. If Marly arc gets a more mature tone and we get the raining Titans scene with the machine gun mounted Cart Titan animated well I doubt people will complain.
yeah it'll probably be fine, I'm just saying that since it's a timeskip and most characters would look different either way, and the scenery goes from kinda medieval to full world war 2, I think it'll help and make it so there's less comparisons and stuff
also people will be too busy with "why are they showing us those kids now, we don't care, we wanna see Eren, we wanna see Armin!"

Oct 25, 2017
From the anime, i just don't want to talk about it in the anime thread cause spoilers obviously

yeah it'll probably be fine, I'm just saying that since it's a timeskip and most characters would look different either way, and the scenery goes from kinda medieval to full world war 2, I think it'll help and make it so there's less comparisons and stuff
also people will be too busy with "why are they showing us those kids now, we don't care, we wanna see Eren, we wanna see Armin!"
Oh yeah. I completely forgot the Marley arc opens with Falco and Gabi and I think some other kids that are friends or Reiner's. The Marley Arc is really like the beginning of another show and then you get to Eren doing what Reiner did to his village. Hell you don't even see Eren until he's posing as a war veteran and you don't even realize it, the arc is great.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the studio does some insane flash-forward at the end of the season. I was wondering if they'd do one anyway considering how good the one mid S3 was.

Imagine if post-credits they just did Willy Tybur's speech and ended with this panel

0100-040.png

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the studio does some insane flash-forward at the end of the season. I was wondering if they'd do one anyway considering how good the one mid S3 was.

Imagine if post-credits they just did Willy Tybur's speech and ended with this panel

0100-040.png
I'd honestly just prefer raining titans panel. The speech is done best when it's coming out of nowhere, either that or Pieck with the mounted guns since it also sets up that there's way more to this world than people expected.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
All the shit we give Da

0100-040.png
all the shit we gave Dany Eren better make this shit pay off.

Oct 27, 2017

0100-040.png
Rumors say WIT studio won't be doing next season, so I doubt they'd animate something they don't plan working on lol.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

0100-040.png
No fucking way man. That would an awful spoiler. Eren's "introduction" to both Reiner and then Marley is one of the goat introductions in fiction. You don't even allude to that.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure whether teasing anything makes sense in this context. The mid-season one made sense cause watching a desperate Levi, Eren and Mikasa generated hype for the 2nd half, and the season 2 one teased the beast titan as a kind of final boss, which we had already seen. Now there's a timeskip and we're moving to a completely different place with new characters, so teasing a bunch of unknown faces makes little sense. Maybe older Reiner would make some sense. I don't think they'll show Eren or the gang as they were purposefully hidden for at least 9-10 chapters.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I haven't read anything since october and I finally caught up now... Damn. And I can't believe Annie is still in her crystal.

Now, when someone is complaining about Mikasa's personality in anime thread, I'm always going to think of this:

RPekOfj.png

Isayama is really good with planning and foreshadowing things, literally everything gets explained eventually.

Also, Levi is Zeke's worst nightmare. But I think he is done fighting, next time we see him will be after the battle is done, him walking with a stick or something like that.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read anything since october and I finally caught up now... Damn. And I can't believe Annie is still in her crystal.

Now, when someone is complaining about Mikasa's personality in anime thread, I'm always going to think of this:

RPekOfj.png

Isayama is really good with planning and foreshadowing things, literally everything gets explained eventually.

Also, Levi is Zeke's worst nightmare. But I think he is done fighting, next time we see him will be after the battle is done, him walking with a stick or something like that.
Levi had Zeke legit shook. I honestly think if Levi can't fight he'll just be on a farm with Hange or something. Though it's probably bad that I ship those two.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
I was wondering how they would do the part with Levi skewering Zeke's face, considering how heavily other stuff has been censored. It's toned down but still pretty damn brutal.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Levi in action was brutal, and I love they combined all three titans going down in the same episode.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say that I really, really hope Gabi dies as soon as humanly possible and that hopefully Eren is just pretending to be the way he currently is.

That's all.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Watching the anime really hammering home how Reiner has god level plot armor with all the shit he's surviving, he couldn't even kill himself.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
there was no way the cart titan wouldnt look goofy moving around in the show, huh?
i laugh every time she's in frame

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the anime really hammering home how Reiner has god level plot armor with all the shit he's surviving, he couldn't even kill himself.

The anime and the current manga fight have me changing my mindset that "The final battle should be Reiner vs Eren"

Reiner loses every goddamn time, it's hilarious. He will never win, yet he will never die. Stuck in purgatory until his time runs out.

Even in his successful moments (saving Galliard) he gets his ass kicked. He's this gif personified, including the looping

tenor.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Erwin's desire to see the basement and Mikasa's obsession turning out to be an actual plot point are incredible meta-uses of the audience's POV that I really can't remember seeing in other media before.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'm fine with Reiner's plot armour in hindsight due to his phenomenal, upcoming, character arc.

The next season starting with the time skip and the whole new cast, animated by a completely different studio, could be JARRING as fuck.

It'll be difficult to delver.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
The next season starting with the time skip and the whole new cast, animated by a completely different studio, could be JARRING as fuck.

Would give Bones or Production IG (cooperated with WIT studio) the frontrunner of handling season 4. Glad to see WIT jump start its success with AoT though, looking forward to what they offer with Vinland Saga.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
In hindsight, WIT chose the best time to give up AOT. Going out with this season is pretty perfect.

Finally wrapping up the basement.
Seeing the ocean; almost like seeing their future opportunities on the horizon.

What a poetic ass studio

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Now thinking about it, I think the biggest issue the anime will have in the future is hobo eren will lose alot of his mystique.

I'm fine with Reiner's plot armour in hindsight due to his phenomenal, upcoming, character arc.

It'll be difficult to delver.

It's also a perfect sepratation point from one studio to the next.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
The anime and the current manga fight have me changing my mindset that "The final battle should be Reiner vs Eren"

Reiner loses every goddamn time, it's hilarious. He will never win, yet he will never die. Stuck in purgatory until his time runs out.

Even in his successful moments (saving Galliard) he gets his ass kicked. He's this gif personified, including the looping

tenor.gif

Reiner not being a threat to Eren at all and just a slight bump in the road will be funniest take away from this manga when it ends. All We got to do now is have Eren just murder Reiner instead of eating him for the chef's kiss of insults. Like he don't want Reiner's limp depression in his head.

Oct 25, 2017
Reiner not being a threat to Eren at all and just a slight bump in the road will be funniest take away from this manga when it ends. All We got to do now is have Eren just murder Reiner instead of eating him for the chef's kiss of insults. Like he don't want Reiner's limp depression in his head.
Reiner being nothing but a mere speed bump in the last fight was fucking hilarious. Dude got his fucking clock cleaned. The only thing that would've made it funnier is if he beat Reiner by hitting him with the Jaw Titan.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Reiner being nothing but a mere speed bump in the last fight was fucking hilarious. Dude got his fucking clock cleaned. The only thing that would've made it funnier is if he beat Reiner by hitting him with the Jaw Titan.

Maybe he will stack them on top of each other and eat them together because that last punch to the Jaw Titan looked like it broke its everything.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Who was Levi's host? Kenny? I thought it forced an Ackerman to want to protect them at all costs but it never seemed like Levi ever displayed anything like that with anyone, especially as intense as Mikasa has it with Eren.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Its believed his host was Erwin.

Oh ha, seems pretty obvious in hindsight but I always thought Levi was awakened long before he even met Erwin so i hadn't considered it, also the fact he chose Armin over Erwin . I couldn't see Mikasa doing that but maybe the programming just isn't as effective on his free will.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Oh ha, seems pretty obvious in hindsight but I always thought Levi was awakened long before he even met Erwin so i hadn't considered it, also the fact he chose Armin over Erwin . I couldn't see Mikasa doing that but maybe the programming just isn't as effective on his free will.

Most likely because he was older when he awakened than Mikasa. Mikasa awakened when she was like what 8? She has gone through puberty with this feelings hardwired into her so doesn't know how to temper them.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who was Levi's host? Kenny? I thought it forced an Ackerman to want to protect them at all costs but it never seemed like Levi ever displayed anything like that with anyone, especially as intense as Mikasa has it with Eren.
I thought this was just a thing w/ shifters in general, tied into why Kenny couldn't kill the King.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I feel like when he chose Armin he was still following Erwin's orders of "use it wisely" or "I trust you to make the right choice" or whatever he said