• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
do you think he gets more interesting post timeskip?

his motivations are curious...but as a character he's still kinda flat imo
Definitely better post time skip but I think last chapter displayed just how naive he can still be.
"Eren, you should go hide!"
"Fuck you imma fight!"
"Uh... okay then"

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely better post time skip but I think last chapter displayed just how naive he can still be.
"Eren, you should go hide!"
"Fuck you imma fight!"
"Uh... okay then"

Err, another take on that might be is that Yelena is really out of her element as well (with basically Onyankopon potentially saving the day).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The next two arcs are absurdly complicated animation wise relative to what we've seen, and I can see why WIT may not want to continue without a deal restucture. Going forward they're gonna need new backgrounds, need to animate all sorts of mechanical machinery, etc. all while being unable to reuse much of what they've used for all the seasons prior, due to the setting swap to Marley.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I expected people to complain about Mikasa in this episode. I'm half tempted to put Kojima's "words and deeds" meme in there, but even without context, somebody will probaby complain.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Haha those people complaining about Eren in the anime OT. They have no idea what's coming

Its only the beginning of Eren Jaeger not giving a fuck. Eren Jaeger post time skip is gonna fuck with peoples heads.

Also Eren was just being the biggest badass when he did his walk out to meet the Jaw and Armoured Titan and as far as I'm concerned he beat the two of them handily and the only reason it took him as long as it did was because he was getting sniped from the cart Titan. There is no one who can touch him at close range now.

Oct 25, 2017
That and those feeling the story would be better if Reiner stayed dead has me dying lol
Reiner's suffering gives us life. Dude went from legit threat to getting his lower jaw pimp handed off mid fight.
I expected people to complain about Mikasa in this episode. I'm half tempted to put Kojima's "words and deeds" meme in there, but even without context, somebody will probaby complain.
She was mostly pretty fine actually at least to me. Though if that scene ever get animated then yeah. Even I felt bad for her when Eren snatched her fucking soul.
Its only the beginning of Eren Jaeger not giving a fuck. Eren Jaeger post time skip is gonna fuck with peoples heads.

Also Eren was just being the biggest badass when he did his walk out to meet the Jaw and Armoured Titan and as far as I'm concerned he beat the two of them handily and the only reason it took him as long as it did was because he was getting sniped from the cart Titan. There is no one who can touch him at close range now.
The fight was quite one sided till Pieck no scoped him.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I don't think he can 1v1 the collosal Titan either lol

Although with the Warhammer power he might (emphasis on might) be able to trip it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
That dude talking about Armin being a pussy is not going to be ready for Armin nuking a navy. Also lol at people in the anime thread not exactly catching onto Zeke being Eren's brother yet.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
With the Warhammer its possible for him to blow a ankle or knee out and just make that mother fucker fall

Yeah but the Colossal Titan's legs are like trunks, there's barely any ankle there haha. I think it's definitely a possibility but I wouldn't say he could do it for certain.

That dude talking about Armin being a pussy is not going to be ready for Armin nuking a navy. Also lol at people in the anime thread not exactly catching onto Zeke being Eren's brother yet.

Yeah that one shot showing Zeke looks exactly the same as Grisha is a huge giveaway haha

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
All that stuff people are saying in the anime thread is wild but the one that takes the cake is "that's treason why didn't they get punished"

not saying anything in the anime thread for fear i might hint at something but legit what the fuck did they expect, not even 10 minutes had passed

Which reminds me that Eren goes to jail after the basement but I forgot why, was it because of this? did Mikasa also get imprisoned? I forgot.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
All that stuff people are saying in the anime thread is wild but the one that takes the cake is "that's treason why didn't they get punished"

not saying anything in the anime thread for fear i might hint at something but legit what the fuck did they expect, not even 10 minutes had passed

Which reminds me that Eren goes to jail after the basement but I forgot why, was it because of this? did Mikasa also get imprisoned? I forgot.
Yeah they both get imprisoned because of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that one shot showing Zeke looks exactly the same as Grisha is a huge giveaway haha
There's also the question of how would Zeke even know what Grisha looks like and his ties to Eren without being Grisha's kid. Not to mention knowing what Grisha indoctrinated into Eren's head. Zeke getting mad and asking himself if he's acting like his dad kinds of foreshadows it just a tad...it's also funny that these guys share the Liquid Snake and Solid Snake color palettes.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
There's also the question of how would Zeke even know what Grisha looks like and his ties to Eren without being Grisha's kid. Not to mention knowing what Grisha indoctrinated into Eren's head. Zeke getting mad and asking himself if he's acting like his dad kinds of foreshadows it just a tad...it's also funny that these guys share the Liquid Snake and Solid Snake color palettes.

Now I need to see Eren yell LIQU ZEEEEEEEKE!

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

I understand the frustration though. High tension and emotions make it easy to dislike Eren/Mikasa at that moment.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I mean, the manga was the same

30fd5788.png

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, you have Eren going crazy exposition bot there why Mikasa is in the cell right next to him freaking out.

She was legit the only one who could Hang with Eren in a fist fight. Eren one else he just fucking washes.

Warhammer had him beat, but Warhammer's scary op tbh.

The next two arcs are absurdly complicated animation wise relative to what we've seen, and I can see why WIT may not want to continue without a deal restucture. Going forward they're gonna need new backgrounds, need to animate all sorts of mechanical machinery, etc. all while being unable to reuse much of what they've used for all the seasons prior, due to the setting swap to Marley.

Yes, it was the perfect time for a new animation company, so if they weren't on board.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly forgot how long the Grisha backstory takes it's been so long.
Can they condense that shit into 1-2 episodes? I'm guessing yes right?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Honestly forgot how long the Grisha backstory takes it's been so long.
Can they condense that shit into 1-2 episodes? I'm guessing yes right?
They have to adapt the chapter of them going to the basement plus like almost 4 manga chapters of Grisha backstory (though there's Ymir's letter in between and other stuff too)

The series still has 4 episodes left and they only have 6 manga chapters to adapt so honestly I don't know, they might stretch out the backstory for 3 episodes and leave the last episode for reaching the sea?

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
The series still has 4 episodes left and they only have 6 manga chapters to adapt
That's plenty, considering we're not talking about action sequences, there. Those last episodes are extremely heavy on exposition and dialogues, and I'd feel a lot better if they had one extra episode to tackle them...

(Also, I don't quite get the praise for how they handled this week's episode. It was pretty fucking ugly. Six episodes in for this current batch, I'd say only three episodes looked good overall.)

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's plenty, considering we're not talking about action sequences, there. Those last episodes are extremely heavy on exposition and dialogues, and I'd feel a lot better if they had one extra episode to tackle them...

(Also, I don't quite get the praise for how they handled this week's episode. It was pretty fucking ugly. Six episodes in for this current batch, I'd say only three episodes looked good overall.)

Ugly? lol

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Yes, ugly.
Outside of those few shots they animated months ago for that gratuitous teaser (those looked good), did you really not see how off-model the characters generally were? How awkward the animations were? Did you really not spot the many obvious continuity mistakes?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I love when people say stuff like "I just can't see Armin as the colossal titan" because that's right, you won't see him

until halfway through season 4, so you're gonna have to wait a year or so, if the studio change goes smoothly

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love when people say stuff like "I just can't see Armin as the colossal titan" because that's right, you won't see him

until halfway through season 4, so you're gonna have to wait a year or so, if the studio change goes smoothly
I remember the first time you "see" him is frustrating anyways since it's in Zeke's imagination so it doesn't get confirmed for awhile what Armin's form actually looks like.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Honestly Reiner should've died in Marley protecting Falco. After that he's just kinda there, for no reason other than "i have to save Gabi or something"

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Here's there as a foil for Eren, where he wants to sleep and give up fighting, Eren is the complete opposite.
He was like that during the Marley arc, where we were shown he's not really such a bad guy, he was just kinda brainwashed into it, and now Eren is the angry dude who destroys homes, they're not so different etc etc, but then after that fight he just... he doesn't matter anymore. He appeared in a couple panels here and there and when he decides to do something he's immediately shut down. His only motivation right now seems to be making sure Gabi and Falco are safe and that's it.

He went from being a well-developed character to Mikasa 2 basically

Last edited: