• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused. Did I miss something in the manga where Reiner and everyone else were "forced" to do anything?
I mean, there's societal pressure to hate your own kind and to hate yourself for being said kind (Eldian), so it's a driving factor to want to be a soldier for Marley and to become a Titan shifter.
But were they truly forced to do it?
Brainwashed in a way? Yes.
Forced? I don't see how, unless I missed the part in the manga where Eldians were required to join the program.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'm confused. Did I miss something in the manga where Reiner and everyone else were "forced" to do anything?
I mean, there's societal pressure to hate your own kind and to hate yourself for being said kind (Eldian), so it's a driving factor to want to be a soldier for Marley and to become a Titan shifter.
But were they truly forced to do it?
Brainwashed in a way? Yes.
Forced? I don't see how, unless I missed the part in the manga where Eldians were required to join the program.
yeah that's what i meant sorry

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I personally don't like how Eren has become so extreme to the point of killing children and innoncents, it feels like he was made to do those things to justify the "both sides" aspect of the story.
Which is a good reason why a lot people think Eren is deceiving Zeke when it comes to the euthanasia plan. He killed not only Eldians but Marleyans too when they invaded Marley. The Euthanasia plan seems to only target Eldians. If that was the plan from the start, then why kill other innocents?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
True, they've been playing 5D chess so long I half expect someone like Annie to suddenly come back to life and reveal she's been on the side of the Eldians all along and did everything she did just to get all the titans into the same place so they could all come back into the Founding Titan or some shit, lmao. When's 118 coming out? I saw a few spoilers out already.

Saturday at the latest.

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
So episode 9 is indeed called "Shingeki no Kyojin". Can't wait for the preview translation: ...in the next episode of Attack on Titan: "Attack on Titan".

And next episode won't adapt 2 full chapters and will have anime original content. Looks like they want to end near the photo or shortly after it.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
So episode 9 is indeed called "Shingeki no Kyojin". Can't wait for the preview translation: ...in the next episode of Attack on Titan: "Attack on Titan".

And next episode won't adapt 2 full chapters and will have anime original content. Looks like they want to end near the photo or shortly after it.
Sounds about right. They'll probably just call it Attack Titan, which would make sense. Owl reveal, Dina transformation, Grisha inheritance.

Last episode will be about the Paradis crew hanging out at a steam pool lol
Nah, it'll be filler talk and then end at the ocean.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.... HOLY SHIT!

Also
33xd7dh.png

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
SHock. Reveal. Shock. Reveal. Every page used so well, yet the feeling of way too little pages remains.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Yelena would take a shifter power if she could. She probably feels some envy towards those like Armin because he is a part of history.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I swear these chapters last like 5 min. We really are at the endgame.

Also anyone think Armin might be lying to Mikasa?
I still think Eren might have his own agenda to the free the island but I do think he was telling the truth about Mikasa. I mean we saw the "triggering" in S1 when Eren commanded her to fight.

The stuff after the basement feels like Tokyo Ghoul: Re in a way, it escalated very quickly and now it feels so different and disjointed from what happened before.
This is probably why I think Wit has no problems calling it quits after S3. Getting another studio to animate the rest of the manga might not be so drastic alongside the shift in direction.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I found a way to buy individual chapters on a Japanese app so I'll be waiting for the official release for this one... Need to go on a blackout haha

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Also anyone think Armin might be lying to Mikasa?
Doesn't look like it to me, although he says himself he doesn't quite know why Eren would have told them the things he did in that restaurant.

I still think Eren might have his own agenda to the free the island but I do think he was telling the truth about Mikasa. I mean we saw the "triggering" in S1 when Eren commanded her to fight.
I'm sure the part about Ackermans suddenly becoming stronger is true (we've known as much since Levi squad talked about Kenny on that cart). The exact trigger, I'm not so sure though.
And his explanations for the headaches don't make much sense to me. She had headaches when Eren's mother died and when she first saw what state Armin was in right before the serum-bowl. That doesn't fit Eren's explanations, as far as I can tell. I've been wondering about those headaches for a long time, and the only common thread I could think of is that they seem to trigger when her (extended) family is in danger or taken away from her.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Falco is such a good boy. Had me in my feels when he confessed his love. Literally, they were just innocent little kids in that moment, not highly trained warriors.

Some other highlights:
Connie cursing and getting angry is always funny to me.
Mikasa finally putting that scarf aside. Almost a symbol of the decisions she might have to make that won't possibly favor Eren. That was the biggest character progression step we've seen from her all series and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.
Pieck is dope. Idc.
Zeke about to get wrecked

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How many pieces of arm has Zeke lost since he's been introduced?
Haha thing is I think Zeke lost more than a massive chunk of arm this time around. The way it's drawn looks like he got a piece of hip and mid-section grazed away by the massive shell. Not to mention his titan form itself has a gaping hole in it, so I would imagine Zeke is in a great deal of pain + it's a complicated set of wounds to heal up so it was a crucial shot in terms of weakening Zeke in this battle.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Levi put the fear of fucking god into him. Zeke knows what's up with him.
Levi is literally THE ULTIMATE ZEKE COUNTER.
Beast Titan is too fucking slow for any CQC, and Levi is a being 1/50 his size that can instantaneously cut up one of his limbs and then move to a completely opposite part of him to do it again. Honestly, even the Cart Titan would have a better chance at fighting Levi.

Zeke has every right to be afraid of that. It must be a huge weight off his shoulders being in Paradis and knowing that Levi is dead, as far as he can tell.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Zeke shits his pants when he sees Levi.

Reiner shits his pants when he sees Eren, Zeke, and Mikasa.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Annie going to come out of statis like "yo what's up gu -- oh."

At some point, she's gonna have to wake up. Or get eaten.

Hell, feed her to Historia.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Falco is such a good boy. Had me in my feels when he confessed his love. Literally, they were just innocent little kids in that moment, not highly trained warriors.

Some other highlights:
Connie cursing and getting angry is always funny to me.
Mikasa finally putting that scarf aside. Almost a symbol of the decisions she might have to make that won't possibly favor Eren. That was the biggest character progression step we've seen from her all series and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.
Pieck is dope. Idc.
Zeke about to get wrecked

Pieck's one of my favorite characters in the series. Easy top 5

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pieck's one of my favorite characters in the series. Easy top 5
Same here. I really want to know more about her, like her family situation and who she inherited from(and for that matter, what did other Cart Titans look like?). Pretty much all the other Warriors eclipsed her in terms of what we know about them and how much importance is placed on their backstories.

For such a quaint shifter power, I absolutely love how huge of a role she has in all the major battles since Shiganshina.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Annie going to come out of statis like "yo what's up gu -- oh."

At some point, she's gonna have to wake up. Or get eaten.

Hell, feed her to Historia.
It would be interesting if she could sense the shit that's been going on.
Like, maybe it's one of the female titans abilities to just go stasis and analyze things around her during it