• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So why did the Titan who ate Eren not gain the coordinate powers?
He didn't succeed. He either had to chew Eren/Eren's spine or successfully digest him. Which would have happened if Eren couldn't transform. Swallowing a shifter whole is a bad idea. I think the flash point is the stomach acid making contact with the spinal fluid of the shifter.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
The pacing of the episode is hilarious. They totally know how much anticipation the basement created.

Perfect !

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I warned them immediately. This post credit scene is perfect. Damn, the episode is slow on purpose but they nailed the whole thing.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
The pacing of the episode is hilarious. They totally know how much anticipation the basement created.

Perfect !
Is it really? That's time they won't be able to spend on the actual revelations. If they fuck up again like they did in the first part of season 3, but this time for the fucking basement...
Also, we are now at 4 ugly episodes out of 7.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Is it really? That's time they won't be able to spend on the actual revelations. If they fuck up again like they did in the first part of season 3, but this time for the fucking basement...
Also, we are now at 4 ugly episodes out of 7.
they have more than enough time for the flashback

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
We already got a good deal of Ymir's backstory in season 2 so that's gonna be shortened if they need more time
And I imagine there's a good chance that scene with the journalists will be cut (or changed into some quicker narration), seeing how they were mostly absent from the adaptation of the previous arc...
Still, I'm worried.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not emotionally ready to revisit the next chapter.

So, per Reddit detectives, the blimp design was altered because Isayama actually used the wrong time period as reference. The manga design existed in the late 1800s, while the updated look is much closer to how the WWI/post-WWI ones looked. I wonder how that got caught- might've been in researching reference for animation.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I feel like now more than ever us manga readers should just shut the fuck up in the anime thread

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Why I barely post in them aside from answering simple questions. Let people be disappointed for now instead of going "OH YOULL SEE"

As an anime only watcher it's just annoying
Yep.

Like, I get it, yall know what's going to happen, you're excited about it, and it frustrates you a lil bit that they're disappointed or whatever

but seriously, that's part of the whole deal, just wait a couple weeks, let them see for themselves, you're only making it worse. And don't fucking confirm or deny theories I swear to god what the hell

btw TearablePuns what's the twist you're talking about?

Oct 25, 2017
I usually tend to tell them where to find some breadcrumbs these days. Either that or do my best to use an example from a previous ep that can confirm what I'm already thinking. I hope I haven't spoiled too much in the anime thread.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I keep re-reading the chapter, and I keep being impressed by Floch. He is the only one to be smart enough to question the Pieck situation.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I usually tend to tell them where to find some breadcrumbs these days. Either that or do my best to use an example from a previous ep that can confirm what I'm already thinking. I hope I haven't spoiled too much in the anime thread.
Yeah your way of doing it is good cause you don't talk about anything that hasn't appeared yet

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's funny how they think this is the big reveal when there is so much more to b revealed in the next few episodes. Someone was disappointed that it'll only be Grisha's backstory. They have no idea how much information is tied into his backstory. A lot of shit is going to be revealed in the next episodes and I can't wait to see how they take them.

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how they think this is the big reveal when there is so much more to b revealed in the next few episodes. Someone was disappointed that it'll only be Grisha's backstory. They have no idea how much information is tied into his backstory. A lot of shit is going to be revealed in the next episodes and I can't wait to see how they take them.
My favorite lore reveal is tied to Grisha's first wife. My mind was blown when I pieced that shit together.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only person in the photo they haven't talked about

Btw I can't wait to see the attack Titan inheritance scene in the anime.
I feel like there was only like two panels of that in the manga lol I could be wrong tho

The title drop is one of the coolest reveals in the story even if Isayama fucked it up for western folks lol

BEHOLD, THE ATTACK ON TITAN

Oct 25, 2017
It's mine, too. The one recognizable mindless titan is Zeus mom, grisha's first wife and it's like whoa, that's sad
The most fucked up part is that Grisha's ex wife eats his current one. When I did the thinking on that one I was like:
000.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think people would be able to tell that woman is the smiling titan in the anime thread, so now it looks like any other random woman. Mayybe if they've been paying attention to detail and are good at sniffing these things out?

It is kinda more obvious that the child is Zeke though, lol at that guy who bitched about an anime-only person 'spoiling' the manga by sharing their theory, therefore spoiling it himself.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished catching up with the manga, what are the most popular theories for what Eren's up to?

I've heard the time loop theory a while back when we first saw Grisha gain the Attack Titan and Mikasa/Armin got namedropped, after the wild shit that was Zeke getting pieced back together by totally-not-Ymir-Fritz I buy it. Eren's gonna accidentally cause a time loop is my bet for the finale. He's going to return to his original pledge of destroying all Titans by destroying the Paths themselves, get into a fight with Ymir Fritz inside the Paths dimension Zeke got fixed up in, and the Paths are going to somehow get so messed up that Ymir Fritz becomes both the chicken and the egg, ~2000 years ago. Ymir eats Eren, and the future after Eren's death ends with Ymir's curse broken.

All of the bizarre hints to time travel are all tied to the 9 Titans' wielders, so it has me thinking that it's the only possible answer without bringing in an actual devil like the one that supposedly gave Ymir Fritz the power of the Titans, which I'd kind of hate. Well, everything except for Eren's dream at the veeeeery start where he sees the initial destruction of Wall Maria just before it happens despite not yet possessing a Titan. So maybe this theory isn't as solid as I'd like

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished catching up with the manga, what are the most popular theories for what Eren's up to?

I've heard the time loop theory a while back when we first saw Grisha gain the Attack Titan and Mikasa/Armin got namedropped, after the wild shit that was Zeke getting pieced back together by totally-not-Ymir-Fritz I buy it. Eren's gonna accidentally cause a time loop is my bet for the finale. He's going to return to his original pledge of destroying all Titans by destroying the Paths themselves, get into a fight with Ymir Fritz inside the Paths dimension Zeke got fixed up in, and the Paths are going to somehow get so messed up that Ymir Fritz becomes both the chicken and the egg, ~2000 years ago. Ymir eats Eren, and the future after Eren's death ends with Ymir's curse broken.

All of the bizarre hints to time travel are all tied to the 9 Titans' wielders, so it has me thinking that it's the only possible answer without bringing in an actual devil like the one that supposedly gave Ymir Fritz the power of the Titans, which I'd kind of hate. Well, everything except for Eren's dream at the veeeeery start where he sees the initial destruction of Wall Maria just before it happens despite not yet possessing a Titan. So maybe this theory isn't as solid as I'd like
I don't think it would end with it being created, though, it'd end with it being broken. The Norse Mythology inspiration that's behind a lot of things in the series (Tyr=Erwin, Odin=Hange) ties into the themes of the endless reciprocal cycle of violence, and Eren breaking the wheel in some way seems like it has to be the ending.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
So we will see some puppies in the next episode in the anime? :(

I wonder how they will condense 86-90 into 3 episodes. Manga 86 ends with Zeke turning Grisha and Dina in to Marley without revealing the meaning of "sending to heaven". But from the preview we could see Eren wake up from the Dina's scene, which is the middle of 87 in the manga.

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler paranoia in the anime thread is really keeping me from even enjoying interacting with the fan base now. I'm spoiling stuff supposedly without even fucking answering something.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Spoiler paranoia in the anime thread is really keeping me from even enjoying interacting with the fan base now. I'm spoiling stuff supposedly without even fucking answering something.

Thought provoking remarks that don't count as spoiler in a general sense will rile up any dedicated fandom in making inflammatory accusations of spoilers

Oct 25, 2017
Thought provoking remarks that don't count as spoiler in a general sense will rile up any dedicated fandom in making inflammatory accusations of spoilers
This makes sense. All I'm doing is going "this was addressed without you even realizing it, watch this ep (which has already aired) and have a think regarding what you watched in relation to the question you asked." A spoiler is what BigWinnie got banned for. You and me both know if I was spoiling stuff I'd have been banned for it already. They need to go to use a dictionary whether it be urban or websters and check the definition of spoiler. AOT is a thought provoking show, I could flat out spoil the ending to the season, but I don't. I could've flatout told people Hange lives during the cliff hanger or Erwin dies before he did or the Colossal Armin Titan stuff, but I haven't haven't even used the words "Eldian" or "Marley" I don't think anything I have said spoils anything from the manga or future eps, like what the hell. Dude's in there trying to moderate discussion without actually being mods.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Without commenting on the drama going on in there now, my advice is if it's even questionable then just don't say anything. They can't even discuss anything with us in any real sense without our knowledge subtly framing each conversation. I know your intentions are good but to them it's even bothersome to know they're talking to a manga reader due to the vast chasm between your knowledge of the series.

Oct 25, 2017
Without commenting on the drama going on in there now, my advice is if it's even questionable then just don't say anything. They can't even discuss anything with us in any real sense without our knowledge subtly framing each conversation. I know your intentions are good but to them it's even bothersome to know they're talking to a manga reader due to the vast chasm between your knowledge of the series.
That's a mind set that I find annoying since I was never like that with the Jojo or HxH fanbases and I wouldn't be this much of an ass with the MHA fanbase as well. There's an amount of hostility there that just feels toxic and this sucks because I like discussing this stuff, especially this part of the franchise. It's nothing but answering a whole bunch of questions and confirmations regarding years worth of fan theory crafting some of it which has already been foreshadowed and some of the stuff regarding the beast titan don't even get answered till next season. It almost just seems like dudes are pissed because my answers kind of just come off as home work assignments. I'm going to try to tone it down, but I operate on too much instinct. To be honest I as a viewer like having at least some form of an idea on what to look out for so some things don't seem like asspulls.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You always have us to discuss with >_<

I mean it's kind of more interesting here anyways since we have the knowledge it takes in order for the discussion to have anything of meaning for you. Discussing stuff with people going through the mid series is so limited since they can only come up with stuff you already know the answer to.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That's the dangerous thing about it. It could be the most mundane thing but it could be the missing link in someone's thought process that would allow them to connect the dots in away that they couldn't before.

There was another show where I'm an anime-only, and in the thread for that show, someone completely deflated a twist because they mentioned an event it paralleled earlier in the season. Because I knew they knew, it immediately took the impact out of it.

No matter how hard you try, it is impossible for you to discuss the show on the same level as folks who don't know what's going on. Not saying manga readers should completely avoid discussion, but folks just gotta keep that in mind. I've had to tell myself that for other things (fucking Netflix and their regional exclusivity).

Oct 25, 2017
That's the dangerous thing about it. It could be the most mundane thing but it could be the missing link in someone's thought process that would allow them to connect the dots in away that they couldn't before.

There was another show where I'm an anime-only, and in the thread for that show, someone completely deflated a twist because they mentioned an event it paralleled earlier in the season. Because I knew they knew, it immediately took the impact out of it.

No matter how hard you try, it is impossible for you to discuss the show on the same level as folks who don't know what's going on. Not saying manga readers should completely avoid discussion, but folks just gotta keep that in mind. I've had to tell myself that for other things (fucking Netflix and their regional exclusivity).
I mean I try not to be a dick about it since I don't even tell people specifically what to even look for. I was telling them time stamps and a scene by scene break down of the whole thing then yeah that would be spoiling asshole territory.
You always have us to discuss with >_<

I mean it's kind of more interesting here anyways since we have the knowledge it takes in order for the discussion to have anything of meaning for you. Discussing stuff with people going through the mid series is so limited since they can only come up with stuff you already know the answer to.
I'd have to do a reread, the memories of people in here are way better than mine, this place is also kind of dead till a chapter releases so I don't like to wake it back up. I've read many a negative reaction to thread resurrections in the Rick and Morty, HxH and Berserk threads. I only just hope that the anime onlies don't jump ship after Grisha's backstory. I also hope they piece together the Dina Fritz thing because that's my favorite thing.