• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Eren is only a slave to time because he's *aware* that he is a slave to time (due to the titans existing). If Ymir is reborn and titans cease to exist (and thus, titan powers as well), then can you really be a slave? (Or is Eren a slave to his future self?)

Maybe Eren is fighting for a future in which he can no longer see his own future memories.

Is that the future that Grisha would see as terrifying though?

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I read the first few volumes of AoT, and now I'm reading some spoilers on this page, and I just... wow. Like an entirely different story at this point.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, Grisha is repulsed by violence (we've seen it multiple times with Gross and the Reiss family). Even a minor rumbling would be enough to horrify Grisha.
He's only going to see so much of it anyways, from Eren's point of view. Seeing the rumbling as they're walking away from Paradis doesn't necessarily imply if they all meet on the other side of the earth or stop 200 miles into it.

Oct 25, 2017
Just read the chapter and only kinda sorta a lot freaking out. I wasn't too hot on the memory stuff but now I'm all in. I love that Zeke is all "Dad made you kinda murder crazy, didn't he?" and Eren's all "Naw, bro. I'm just like this." This plan has backfired so much. People have mentioned Reiner might be the one to save the day and I hope that's the case. I love Reiner's character arc so much.

Someone on reddit made an amazing guide to explain what's going on:

Thanks for clearing that up. Funny enough, this is tying really nicely to my watch of Dark on Netflix which has similar time travel shenanigans going on. If you're having fun with this part of Attack on Titan, definitely check out Dark.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe Eren used the memory of Grisha taking his sister out of the camp to guilt trip him into killing everyone in the church.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Just read the chapter and only kinda sorta a lot freaking out. I wasn't too hot on the memory stuff but now I'm all in. I love that Zeke is all "Dad made you kinda murder crazy, didn't he?" and Eren's all "Naw, bro. I'm just like this." This plan has backfired so much. People have mentioned Reiner might be the one to save the day and I hope that's the case. I love Reiner's character arc so much.

Thanks for clearing that up. Funny enough, this is tying really nicely to my watch of Dark on Netflix which has similar time travel shenanigans going on. If you're having fun with this part of Attack on Titan, definitely check out Dark.

Naw I'm on team fuck the rest of the world. They had a big rally and everything to announce the genocide of a people. They can all be flattened for all I care, save as many eldians as possible and kill the rest.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I still can't believe Eren used the memory of Grisha taking his sister out of the camp to guilt trip him into killing everyone in the church.
They needed to die and Eren was making sure his old man didn't back out for his morals and fuck up the bigger picture.

Fuck your morals Old man, I'm about the salvation of our race.

Oct 25, 2017
Not all Eldians are good, just like not all non Eldians are bad. The whole thing is a bit of a slippery slope and I honestly don't think Grisha would be for mass genocide, like global mass genocide. Even Onyonkonpan is a good dude.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
Naw I'm on team fuck the rest of the world. They had a big rally and everything to announce the genocide of a people. They can all be flattened for all I care, save as many eldians as possible and kill the rest.
I just re-read chapters 99 and 100. Just to clarify, the rally was not to genocide the Eldians, it was to defeat Paradis Island before they could use the Rumbling against the World. It is less motivated by genocide and more by the fear of the Rumbling.

Yes, there are people who think the Eldians should be eliminated, as it was discussed between the warriors, but as far motivation for this war goes, the goal is to defeat Paradise, Eren in particular, and stop the Rumbling. If anything, I think Tybur and Margath's plan is to save the Mainland Eldians at the expense of the Paradis Eldians, since the attack on Liberio gathered a lot of sympathy from the world for the Eldians victims of the attack.

BTW, I'm not advocating for Marley. They were the ones who started the whole mess by invading Paradis, after all, but I do not think the entire country, or the rest of the world, deserve to be genocided. Specially if the Eldian Empire did terrorize the world in the past.

Oct 26, 2017
I really like that we finally found out the Attack Titan's special ability. Before it was still a strange, it can smash stuff like the rest type.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can Eren Muay Thai knee all eight feet of Yelena?

Here's how I picture Yelena's fighting style

d6b1f48ab63e156294b2da91c8e22075.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Time paradox: The manga!

Still love it though.

There's no real time paradox though. It's just that the world of attack on titan is completely deterministic, with a fixed past and a fixed future. Eren didn't time travel to change the past, he had always influenced the past at that moment and we came to that revelation just now. That also means that whatever Grisha saw in the future memories will also happen, in spite of his wishes against it, and most likely Zeke's attempt to change the 'already decided' future will bring about the events in the future memories.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
There's no real time paradox though. It's just that the world of attack on titan is completely deterministic, with a fixed past and a fixed future. Eren didn't time travel to change the past, he had always influenced the past at that moment and we came to that revelation just now. That also means that whatever Grisha saw in the future memories will also happen, in spite of his wishes against it, and most likely Zeke's attempt to change the 'already decided' future will bring about the events in the future memories.
Which would make Eren an n-dimensional chess master because he is manipulating Grisha to manipulate Zeke.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Man this chapter was crazy lol, can't wait for this shit to get animated

How long until the end?

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
just caught up reading the past 10 chapters....

I will be posting a lost pic of my brain; plese contact me if you find it.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna need a refresher abit.

Zeke's plan: Neuter the Eldian so that the Titan and the race itself become extinct.
Eren's plan: Kill everyone else who isn't Eldian.

Is that correct?

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need a refresher abit.

Zeke's plan: Neuter the Eldian so that the Titan and the race itself become extinct.
Eren's plan: Kill everyone else who isn't Eldian.

Is that correct?
Zeke's plan is correct, but i dont think we know Eren's yet, to be honest (well, except for the fact that he wants to be free).

What an amazing manga.

Last edited:

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
"The you from 2000 years ago. What are titans? Why did humans gain the power to transform into titans? Why was the power of the titans divided? ...The pieces are finally coming together. (In the raws, this was just the word 'understanding', but I presume that's what he's saying here.) Chapter 122 will probably be shown on the anime too, huh... Nah. It's impossible. It's too gruesome. I can finally sympathize with Eren. There's nothing but despair in that last spread. But after Eren saw **'s memories, there probably wasn't any other way. (More literal: But to Eren, who has seen **'s memories, there probably wasn't any other way.)"

ohhhhh boooooy

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
sorry for the doble post but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is THE CHAPTER

fucking isayama and the season 2 ending