• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still fucking blown away by these recent chapters.

I recall thinking there was no way anything unique could have been done with the story after the end of season 1.

Whew boy I was wrong.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the clarifications everyone
Another possibility is that
Eren only used the founding power while touching Historia and it was Grisha who used the attack on titan powers at the time to see into Eren's future, which became part of his memories and thus accessible by Eren while triggering the coordinate.

On the topic of Ymir
goddamn that last panel, all that contained rage on her face shifting into the determination of ending it all.

It is safe to say that Eren was able to see her past as successor of the coordinate by touching her, and whilst Zeke's option would be more restrained, she would still be an slave. Eren gave her the chance to decide by herself.

Incredible.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's really not that complicated. It's a stable timeloop.

Eren via the Attack Titan can see not only the fate of past Attack Titans (like the other Titans) but can see the fate of future Attack Titans as can any wielder of the Attack Titan. Wielders can't see their own fate though buuuuut Eren cheated when he came in contact with Historia and he saw his own fate through Grisha's memories.

He's also said that Game of Thrones is going to influence his work years ago and I get the feeling that this part of Eren's time powers were influenced to some extent by Bran's powers.
So why did touching Historia made him look at Grisha's memories?

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Zeke looks a bit like an idiot ordering Ymir around to euthanize Eldians... Wouldn't freeing her free the world of titans, thus allowing Eldians to leave peacefully?

Because his full plan is to use a mini rumbling to destroy the world army and gain 50 years for the eldians to die peacefully.

Eren plan, as we know right now, is to destroy all the outside world and then the eldians will be finally free.

Neither visualize, as we know right now, a future with the world just forgiving the eldians, even if the titan curse ends.

But I'm 99% that Eren has a hidden plan and also there's Armin.

Because in contact with royal blood he could use the attack titan power in full potential, aka seeing the predecessors memories with more control, just like when they touched him in the cave.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Annie again in any substantive way is becoming less and less of a possibility with each chapter at this point.
Levi too.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of interesting that 2,000 year old Ymir is able to understand Eren's modern tongue.

However, it's probably just chalked up to the fact that she's basically witnessed the lives of her descendants for the past 2,000 years and has innately absorbed the drastic changes in language that her people have used over that time.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
They even went out of their way to have Zeke resemble the first king Fritz uncannily. If his hair was slicked back, they would look identical. Drawing parallels that would make it even easier for Ymir to make her decision. She finally gets the retribution she should have had back then.

This is the scene where Fritz tells Ymir to kill the Marleyans replaying all over again but instead "this" Fritz is telling her to kill all Eldians.
But she ain't having it this time! Eren was the wildcard.

Isayama is amazing

Errr....but actually Eren is closer to what the Fritz King said than Zeke.

Zeke just wants to remove their ability to reproduce. Eren is telling her to kill everyone ....but like her choice.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017

Zeke just wants to remove their ability to reproduce. Eren is telling her to kill everyone ....but like her choice.
Taking away the ability to reproduce is the same thing as killing all the eldians. The first king wanted to kill all the marleyans.
Killing "everyone" is unique to Eren.
Zeke is exactly like the first king

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

He does seem to imply he wants to destroy the paths world, not the real world. I think we still have some twists incoming.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I'm still not sure Eren actually wants to kill everyone. He wants to destroy the world but that's not necessarily literal. I guess we'll see next chapter what he had in mind.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
"In season 2 outro when Maria, Rose and Shina are eating Ymir there is a window behind the King. In that window on the right side you can see an Eagle. In Norse mythology The Tree Of Life has 3 creatures inside it. The serpen-like Dragon under the Tree (Ymir, source of all living matter) , an Eagle (Eren) that guards the Tree and a squirel that sends messages betwen the Dragon and the Eagle (Zeke, who made conntact of Eren and Ymir possible)."

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think of it, it makes perfect sense for Eren to TnJ Ymir. As the Attack Titan, he represents her fight for freedom.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a detailed explanation of this somewhere but the tldr is that Eren got to see the past because future Eren saw the past due to the Eren/Zeke stuff happening now. Other attack Titans were limited only to future memories.
"In season 2 outro when Maria, Rose and Shina are eating Ymir there is a window behind the King. In that window on the right side you can see an Eagle. In Norse mythology The Tree Of Life has 3 creatures inside it. The serpen-like Dragon under the Tree (Ymir, source of all living matter) , an Eagle (Eren) that guards the Tree and a squirel that sends messages betwen the Dragon and the Eagle (Zeke, who made conntact of Eren and Ymir possible)."
There's a good breakdown (might've been on Reddit) of the Norse Mythology references out there as there are a TON - Erwin is Tyr, Hange is Odin.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of folks are overthinking Eren wanting to destroy all enemies of Paradis. Paradis seems to literally be the enemy of the entire world, so the entire world must be destroyed for them to be free.

He will take full responsibility and then probably die for it, taking all of the blame and protecting his friends.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
And finally we get the tie in from the first chapter.

So Ymir was the one whose memories Eren was seeing that caused him to cry.

The panel with Eren's spine reconnecting to his head was really cool. I feel like we're almost at the end now. Very curious to see if he can wrap this up in a satisfying way.

e: Also i wish we got a bit more of an explanation of how the titan power came to be instead of mystical floating spine in a tree, but in the end I suppose its not that important

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think will be censored? Tongue-cutting scene?
This is probably a laundry list at this point.
Eren getting his head shot off
Zeke getting exploded
Rose, Maria and Sina eating Ymir
Porco getting roasted
Eren going straight fucking ham as fuck in Marley
Pieck shooting the crap out of Eren's head as well probably has to be censored too.
And that's off the top of my head. I'm quite sure there is way more than this. Not to mention last season was quite censored.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably a laundry list at this point.
Eren getting his head shot off
Zeke getting exploded
Rose, Maria and Sina eating Ymir
Porco getting roasted
Eren going straight fucking ham as fuck in Marley
Pieck shooting the crap out of Eren's head as well probably has to be censored too.
And that's off the top of my head. I'm quite sure there is way more than this. Not to mention last season was quite censored.
Yeah there's a good bit of gore for sure. At least the "Eren's head instantaneously grows a massive alien spine back into his body" scene should remain fully intact since it's just weird and not too graphic.

Oct 27, 2017
e: Also i wish we got a bit more of an explanation of how the titan power came to be instead of mystical floating spine in a tree, but in the end I suppose its not that important

Apparently this was in the AOT2 game:

vfs9gzsdhuq31.jpg

Would be quite big if left completely unexplained, but at this point I don't know if Isayama has enough time to finish it all in less than a year.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's a good bit of gore for sure. At least the "Eren's head instantaneously grows a massive alien spine back into his body" scene should remain fully intact since it's just weird and not too graphic.
Explaining what has happened in AOT to a person that hasn't watched it since season one would be hilarious reaction wise.

vfs9gzsdhuq31.jpg

Would be quite big if left completely unexplained, but at this point I don't know if Isayama has enough time to finish it all in less than a year.
I don't want Star Wars Midichlorians levels of unneeded explanation.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

vfs9gzsdhuq31.jpg

Maybe it's more interesting if it's the one thing that goes unexplained. Titans as a concept the way the manga provides them is incredibly supernatural and could be chalked up to either full-on fantasy or science fiction, and I think it would be very like Isayama to leave one giant mystery forever intact as the story concludes.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

vfs9gzsdhuq31.jpg

Maybe it's more interesting if it's the one thing that goes unexplained. Titans as a concept the way the manga provides them is incredibly supernatural and could be chalked up to either full-on fantasy or science fiction, and I think it would be very like Isayama to leave one giant mystery forever intact as the story concludes.

it would be cool to get some kind of official explanation to how the Titans actually came to be and what exactly that spine was, but in the end any explanation in regards to that doesn't really impact the story at all, so I can definitely see it remaining unexplained/a supernatural phenomenon

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Translation is available

Jesus fucking Christ this whole chapter was a ride. I need some eye bleach seeing that panel where Ymir was eaten. This is treading towards Berserk-levels of despair at the climax of the Golden Age arc.

EDIT: With the absence of Annie, I'm guessing she's gonna be vital in the final moments of this arc.

Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Damn that title. Next chapter will be the last isn't it? I'm gonna miss this series and its batshit story.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Really? Her scream aint worth shit If Eren has the founding titans full power. He would have unfettered control of the titans at his command
But isn't that only for as long as he's making contact with a Fritz? The only other Titan that can control the other Titans is Annie. Zeke can only control those that have his spinal fluid.
So unless P A T H S is a hack where Eren is now constantly in contact with Ymir forever now, Annie can still override his control if that's not the case

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
But isn't that only for as long as he's making contact with a Fritz? The only other Titan that can control the other Titans is Annie. Zeke can only control those that have his spinal fluid.
So unless P A T H S is a hack where Eren is now constantly in contact with Ymir forever now, Annie can still override his control if that's not the case

um, things kinda changed man.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is it confirmed to be ending that soon? I mean, I knew we were in the last bit of the story but I didn't know it was 8-ish chapters-left-soon.
Isayama said like 3 months ago that the series was ending in more or less than a year.
Why 8 more? Because each volume contains 4 chapters and Volume 30 will cover chapters 119-122, so it should end in 126, 130 or 134, the consensus among the community is 130. I would like 134.